Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlejuice View Post
    Nourish is my number two heal spell, second only to Lifebloom. Why anyone WOULDN'T use it is beyond me.
    Lots of posts that either implicitly or even explicitly say not using nourish is sign of bad healer. Of course again reading comprehension required for it.
    Now who's misquoting people?

What I said basically means that I don't understand why one wouldn't use it, because I myself find it so useful. That extends from my personal experiences only, and does not have any "mathematical facts" to back it up. I'm not interested in theorycrafting nor am I interested in spreadsheets. That all makes the game too much like a job for my tastes, so I avoid it, and find my own ways to do my job well.

That also does not mean I think they are a bad healer. If you can keep your group alive and don't go OOM, then I consider you a good healer. If you do your job, that's all I can ask for. I don't expect people to excel and I don't expect healing savants. I see no reason to expect people to be anywhere near perfect at what they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlejuice View Post
    Rawr Rage.

"your obviously hurt ego seems to be bigger than your reading comprehension is really disturbing"
    To Simca: "Wow, propositional logic isn't your strong side, is it?"
    To Moontalon: Of course again reading comprehension required for it.
    Among others

yeahhh, that's trolling.

Saying nourish is for BAD and average players means you said it's for BAD and average players. So instead of arguing over something you obviously said, you should have just accepted you said it and moved on. I'm not banning you because you obviously need to cool down. Just take that as it is and take a break from the topic =P As shown, you have trolled and flamed numerous people. Don't make me ban you, I'm nice =/
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-01-07 at 05:56 AM.

In my experiences thus far, I only use nourish on the tank with 3x LB. It really helps to soften the blows. The only time I need to regrowth/HT the tank is when they get hit with a high dmg ability or stayed in the fire too long -- and/or if the tank drops <50%. For the simple boss white hits, nourish really does the job of keeping the tank at the steady 80-90%. As for the rest of the raid, I never use nourish on them. Most of the time when you want to heal the raid with direct heals, you need something big and quick which tree regrowth and HT fits the bill perfectly.

Until tanks get enough mitigation and our SP goes up, I feel like druids should be using nourish to keep the tank's HP steady without having to worry about overhealing. Also, I do use LB to refresh the stack in the times when I can't afford a 2s+ cast. Maybe in the near future, 3x LB, RJ, and OoC regrowths will be enough on the tank, but for now, it's not.

I don't think we should be content with downing a boss right when we go oom (unlike DPS). Way too many factors dictate how much mana we have at the end of most encounters; so as healers, I think we should try our best to (in order of importance) 1) keep the tank HP up and keep him from panicking/busting CDs when it's unnecessary 2) keep raid HP up 3) manage our mana.

Deleted
    Remember, any mana left over at the end of a boss fight is "wasted".

Note the quotation marks :P

Glad to see this thread is slightly getting back on track.
    People are posting views and actively discussing them

Quote Originally Posted by Amghealme View Post
    Yeah, I've been seeing it a lot as well. I have a resto druid, so I find it strange when I'm tanking on my main and have to constantly wait for the druid to drink because they don't use nourish.

A druid healer last night actually told me they don't use it because it costs too much mana...

I really don't understand people.
    yeah dude, I had a druid healer who was not only completely ignoring all cast time spells but was using wild growth as a single target heal for the tank when he was at ~20% hp after popping all his CD's to stay alive on a ...wait for it..... trash pull with 2/4 mobs cc'd. GG

edit: I'm happy to see them finally adding nourish in at a lower level. every other healer (i think) gets their cheap heal early enough, while druids were stuck with rejuv and HT, the latter of which is Reeeeeeeally expensive at low levels, especially if you're not in dungeon gear/heirlooms and normally overheals, considering it used to *hit* not crit for 70% of my leveling partner's (a tank) HP ...hard to not overheal with that.
    Last edited by fizikz; 2011-01-07 at 06:45 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

"Nature's Bounty no longer affects Swiftmend, but now has a new effect. When the druid has Rejuvenation on 3 or more targets, the cast time of Nourish is reduced by 10/20/30%."

Fix't

I'm very pleased with the way 4.0.6 is looking for most classes, but obviously mostly for druids. This change to Nature's Bounty will finally make healing as a druid fun because not only do we get to spam rejuve, but the change to regrowth and glyph of regrowth will make healing some boss fights a lot easier and also improve our need for mastery. Here's to no more nerfs!

Deleted
    Apologies, I've missed the glyph change, whats the details of it?

Deleted
    I would really like to see a post from a Resto Druid thats actually doing end game.
    So, if there are any Resto Druids that started HC Raids.. Share your thoughts because obviously your doing it the good way, otherwise you woulnd't be healing HC Raids :P

For myself, i use Nourish ALOT.
    In HC's 3x LB + RJ + Nourish is always enough to keep the tank up, using HT on Clearcast and Swiftmend whenever he needs abit more healing.

As in Raid healing, i've done 4/4 Bastion and 8/12 in BWD (all 10 man).. And i must say, nourish is still good but it loses it effectiveness.
    The thing that feels really lame to me right now, is when ppl get raid damage. We use Wild Growth and Efflorescence where its possible, and thats it. I see myself spamming nourish on raid members that gain my Wild Growth (for the Mastery increase).

All in all, Nourish is a really great spell. Effecient when it comes to topping people off, and refreshing lifebloom.

And i dont know if i'm doing something good or other healers are doing something bad, but on EVERY fight so far i've been on Nr. 1 with Healing Done, with still enough mana left compared to the others who are oom.

I use nourish, and I consider myself neither a bad or average player. Can a great healer heal without nourish? Yeah. Can a great healer heal with nourish? Yeah. Great healer = do your job well. If you can do your job w/o using all the tools you get, all the power to you.

Going back to my post, the TOP reason why I use nourish is to keep my tank HP's steady. Having played a tank through all of wow, the scariest thing is to see my HP spike down when I didn't expect it. The 2nd scariest thing is to not see a heal casted on me when my HP is down. However, one of the best feeling as a tank is to see my HP never dropping below 75%. And the 2nd best feeling is to see my healer with a lot of mana. In most of those situations, if my healer can keep me worry free, I have a higher probability to do my job better as the tank. So now when I heal tanks, I try give them that secure feeling. For me, the best way requires me to use nourish.

10+ Year Old Account
    LBx3 Nourish spam.... even if the tank is at 98% life, it costs me nothing to cast.

I <3 nourish. Clearcasts are used for HT. Its super rare that I regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanorian View Post
    Apologies, I've missed the glyph change, whats the details of it?
    "Glyph of Regrowth now causes the heal-over-time effect to refresh itself on targets at or below 50% health, up from 25%."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    "Glyph of Regrowth now causes the heal-over-time effect to refresh itself on targets at or below 50% health, up from 25%."
    Cheers.
    Hmm, that's still a bit iffy. I don't know if I'll be changing my current to that.
    Swiftmend, absolute must.
    Rejuv - Massive buff to this spell, won't be changing that.
    Lifebloom - Would probably be more tank healing in the long run anyway, not run any numbers yet.

Deleted
    In a fight like Nefarian, i have to use as much nourish as possible to get along with my mana.

3xLB on tank and nourish spam lets you keep the tank topped of most of the time, without loosing mana. Only use Healing Touch when the HPS is really needed. Use your Omen of Clarity procs for Regrowth(Nature's Grace) and Healing Touch. Wild Growth on cooldown for raidhealing and if needed Rejuvenation and Swiftmend for raidhealing or burstheal on tank.

So most of the time i spam the tank with nourish and only react if he gets low (e.g. Shadowflame). Toss WG to help stabilize the raid, but the other healers are far more efficient on raid healing right now.

If your not using nourish. Your not doing it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yama4ever View Post
    I would really like to see a post from a Resto Druid thats actually doing end game.
    So, if there are any Resto Druids that started HC Raids.. Share your thoughts because obviously your doing it the good way, otherwise you woulnd't be healing HC Raids :P

In HC's 3x LB + RJ + Nourish is always enough to keep the tank up, using HT on Clearcast and Swiftmend whenever he needs abit more healing.

As in Raid healing, i've done 4/4 Bastion and 8/12 in BWD (all 10 man).. And i must say, nourish is still good but it loses it effectiveness.
    The thing that feels really lame to me right now, is when ppl get raid damage. We use Wild Growth and Efflorescence where its possible, and thats it. I see myself spamming nourish on raid members that gain my Wild Growth (for the Mastery increase).

All in all, Nourish is a really great spell. Effecient when it comes to topping people off, and refreshing lifebloom.

And i dont know if i'm doing something good or other healers are doing something bad, but on EVERY fight so far i've been on Nr. 1 with Healing Done, with still enough mana left compared to the others who are oom.
    My guild has just started doing heroics(2/12HMs 25), and I never use nourish. Nourish is a lot better in 10s since you're still pretty much healing in 5s but longer fights and more damage means you need to conserve mana better. 25s, since you are healing with so many people and the majority of your heals are LB, RJ, WG, and RG on cc procs, there really isn't much time for nourish.

With the upcoming changes it may fix it, but I doubt it. Guess well just have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    My guild has just started doing heroics(2/12HMs 25), and I never use nourish. Nourish is a lot better in 10s since you're still pretty much healing in 5s but longer fights and more damage means you need to conserve mana better. 25s, since you are healing with so many people and the majority of your heals are LB, RJ, WG, and RG on cc procs, there really isn't much time for nourish.

With the upcoming changes it may fix it, but I doubt it. Guess well just have to see.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...?s=2151&e=2509

You seemed to have used nourish often enough on your H Halfus 25 kill. Unless this isn't you in the parse? Log shows it was 7.2% of your healing done, 40 direct heals. I would say that is still significant..

---------- Post added 2011-01-07 at 07:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yama4ever View Post

I'm currently 7/12 HM. From my experience, the resto druid healer really is a "jack of all trades". We've moved away from being always on the raid to having a more positioned role in tank healing as well as raid healing. There are some fights in which we can really shine due to our mobility, such as Heroic Maloriak. During that fight, you will have a mobile raid + tank which will give you an advantage over healers that have to remain stationary to heal. There are other fights where you may not be the most ideal class to heal the raid. Situations where there is great burst AE damage and a stacking method, your heals will lag behind the burst of other healers. You really just have to find that balance between tank healing and raid healing. There will not be constant AE damage all the time, and in those periods you can shift gears into tank healing mode. Keeping 3xLB on your tank target and rejuve while nourish spamming in between ooc procs (RG/HT window) is a fair method for keeping tanks up. When you do need to shift gears, WG/Efflor on CD alongside as many rejuves as you can afford will be the proper raid heal rotation.
    Mana is definitely an issue for resto druids in hard modes right now. A good strategy is if you run 2x resto druids to have them use the Glyph of Innervate and swap their Innervates.
    Last edited by Mixtape; 2011-01-07 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixtape View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...?s=2151&e=2509

You seemed to have used nourish often enough on your H Halfus 25 kill. Unless this isn't you in the parse? Log shows it was 7.2% of your healing done, 40 direct heals. I would say that is still significant..[COLOR="red"]
    Not me =] I nourish maybe 10-15 times a fight though I guess it really depends on the fight. And since I have your attention and you're from Exodus, how are your druids doing in some of the harder HMs? Do you guys mainly stick them on tanks or just let them raid heal? We rotate healers but take 2 druids every fight. I've been able to top the meters(or followed close or right under a pally) pretty much all regs. Halfus HM, I get wrecked by holy priests. I know meters don't matter...but I still like to push to get the most out of my druid as possible.

I'm wondering if I'm going to start having trouble in HMs when dmg is upped.

I'm nice =/
    Jumping in this thread to say LOL@THIS!

Also, I'll back up Myrrar's assessment. I haven't had the time to cast nourish at all in 25s. If I do, someone else already beat me to it and it's overheal. Wild growth/rejuv/efflor for raid healing is about it.

Not me =] I nourish maybe 10-15 times a fight though I guess it really depends on the fight. And since I have your attention and you're from Exodus, how are your druids doing in some of the harder HMs? Do you guys mainly stick them on tanks or just let them raid heal? We rotate healers but take 2 druids every fight. I've been able to top the meters(or followed close or right under a pally) pretty much all regs. Halfus HM, I get wrecked by holy priests. I know meters don't matter...but I still like to push to get the most out of my druid as possible.

I'm wondering if I'm going to start having trouble in HMs when dmg is upped.
    I think an updated parse would be a decent reflection of how druids are doing with a bit of gear. Here are two public parses from Heroic Maloriak and Heroic Halfus 25 from last night:

H Maloriak: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...ne/?s=88&e=699

H Halfus: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...?s=1739&e=2053

For the most part, each druid is assigned to a tank and should be healing that tank throughout the entirety of the encounter. During periods of AE damage, we do shift gears into support raid healing. You will see that rejuvenation will be used a heck of alot more because frankly we have nothing else when our WG/Efflor are on CD.

Regular modes are very difficult to compare to hard modes. The amount of burst damage and healing required is far greater in hard modes and priests do really start to shine at that moment. I would say that at a lower gear level, you will start off with a bit of lag behind the priests. However, as your gear gets better and your regen starts to pick up (hopefully you are getting a decent trinket + DMC: Tsunami), you will be able to afford a good amount of raid healing to keep up. Ultimately, when we get a reduction in rejuve cost + our 4 pc bonus, we should be in fair contention to not lag behind on the meters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I just got my 4 piece, and use Tyrandes doll and reg fall of mortality. In regs mana hasn't been a huge issue especially switching innervates with another druid but so far HMs have been eating my mana. I really hate tank healing but I'll probably just request to do it this week and see how I do. I was hoping the dmg jump, especially the aoe dmg, wouldn't be drastic but seems to be. The upcoming changes seem to be a pretty good tank healing buff if you're throwing RJs out anyway and using nourish. Hopefully if we can get everyone to update their healing style to fit HMs we wont need to switch healing classes in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Jumping in this thread to say LOL@THIS!

That hurts
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-01-07 at 08:05 PM.