Thread: Huge PW:S buff

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Huge PW:S buff

It seems PW:S will recieve a very large buff in the next patch:

# Power Word: Shield now scales from 87% of spell power, up from 41.8%. Base absorb increased by 110%, from 3906 to 8136. Now costs 25% of base mana, up from 19% of base mana.

More than doubling both the base absorb and the coefficient.

How do you people think this will affect the viability of disc vs. holy?

It should certainly help Discipline in it's role as tank healer, and makes Power Word: Shield a more effective stop-gap measure to prevent people's death while you wind up a heal or perform triage. Sounds good to me.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Awesome it needed it, as Holy there is absolutely 0 reason to cast PWS other than for Body and Soul, it's suppose to be a life saving spell but it currently sucks. I can't wait to see the number crunching on this, I don't want PWS to be OP for disc like it was in WOTLK but I want it powerful enough that's actually useful again.

Grace on multiple targets is nice too

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is truly something that needed to happen and I am happy to see they will be implementing it!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Were is the legit post about this anyway, I can't find it

Deleted
    Needed and deserved, hope this helps push disc out of the "free hk"-basket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashta View Post
    Grace on multiple targets is nice too
    Ah, yes it seems a lot more changes was added since I saw the front page. It seems disc is getting a substantial buff while holy is getting a small nerf to mana regen (I believe holy concentration is 20/40% atm?)

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Did you try the front page?

Ah my damn Cache' didnt refresh it..

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The PTR, essentially.

i creamed myself because of that buff! disc sooooo needed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Feriluce View Post
    Ah, yes it seems a lot more changes was added since I saw the front page. It seems disc is getting a substantial buff while holy is getting a small nerf to mana regen (I believe holy concentration is 20/40% atm?)
    Holy Concentration now increases mana regeneration by 15/30%, up from 10/20%.

Quote Originally Posted by ghepip View Post
    Holy Concentration now increases mana regeneration by 15/30%, up from 10/20%.
    There was something about buffing Surge of Light, which did happen.

lf improved healing power on penance
    Strength of Soul now also rpocs from Greater Heal and Flash Heal.
    disc talent and no penance !? o.O ...
    ... at 10 lvl you get 'penance' useless skill used only for fast stack grace on target... wtf
    Last edited by Nehem; 2011-01-06 at 04:32 PM.

Holy Concentration is currently at 20/40%. This patch is a nerf compared to live, and one that we have seen coming for a while to be honest. Holy will have 80% of spirit regen in combat after this patch is released.

I'm honestly very happy for the disc changes. Greatly needed, may have been a bit overboard, but then again discpriests are pretty crappy in PVP right now. Something like this was needed, and if it helps in PVE, then all the better.

I'm however very sad about the 30 second cooldown on chastise (up from 12, thank you very much, not up from 25). I really needed that spell to down regular mobs, and I'm not really comfortable being nerfed for PVP reasons....
    Last edited by Danner; 2011-01-06 at 04:18 PM.

Making Chakra last longer now will help so much. There were a few times my serenity would be running out and no time to cast heal, but you kind of had to if you wanted the benefits.
    Last edited by Kidron; 2011-01-06 at 04:36 PM.

I dont see any buffs regarding mobility, you're still a sitting duck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy... shiiii... I never dreamed this day would come. I knew that disc was suffering slightly but these changes are mind blowing and I can't fathom it staying this way. This is probably the single greatest patch I've ever seen for my own spec. Doubling our shield strength, grace on multiple targets, SoS procing from GHeal and FHeal... and the random 10 minute levitate increase...

wow.

omg did u guys see this

Improved Power Word: Shield now also increase the damage absorbed by an additional 15/30% when Power Word: Shield is cast on yourself.

now disc pvp is back baby!

What about Grace being able to stack on multiple targets? PoH is going to be so awesome for discs :3