Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    great buffs and definitely needed, im just a bit sad about how much this is going to dumb us down , no need for any kind of reflexes or fast decision making now , can write our rotation(sad to see that return) out in advance now with one caveat.

i dont do ret as PVE so i dunno how that is going to work
    but i love the changes for ret pvp (i think its great) and prot pve (deal with it^^)
    for ret pvp this will be great, mastery was already viable for pvp, and now il get 15% for free, which i love.
    love for crusader strike is great
    templars verdict already hits like a real bitch, 30% more dmg FTW!
    what intrests me the most is the sacred shield.
    with 3k resilience im already hard enuff to kill (unless your a frostmage-.-) im loving this
    for prot pve, having a reliable interupt (arcanatron) or even just an extra bunch o treath is great
    all love for this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by talitu View Post
    great buffs and definitely needed, im just a bit sad about how much this is going to dumb us down , no need for any kind of reflexes or fast decision making now , can write our rotation(sad to see that return) out in advance now with one caveat.
    Well, that was the point of this, I think. Other classes had the ability to plan ahead with their rotation, and their procs altered that (although in a predictable manner). With a predictable rotation, we'll be able to pay attention to other things going on around us.

It may be a bit more of a boring rotation, but I prefer that to frantically mashing on my keybinds to keep up with my procs (when I get lucky) and tunneling myself to death in fire (I'm suitably ashamed of myself for that, really).
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsurugi View Post
    Well, that was the point of this, I think. Other classes had the ability to plan ahead with their rotation, and their procs altered that (although in a predictable manner). With a predictable rotation, we'll be able to pay attention to other things going on around us.

It may be a bit more of a boring rotation, but I prefer that to frantically mashing on my keybinds to keep up with my procs (when I get lucky) and tunneling myself to death in fire (I'm suitably ashamed of myself for that, really).
    The trouble with the Paladins rotation is that it is too random, has too many gaps, is reliant on too few core skills. The changes help, yes....but to fully fix the rotation, CS needs a much shorter CD.

Personally, I think the ret spec should have been designed around something like a CSx3>Finisher>CSx3>Finisher>Judgement cycle, with room for HoL and AoE procs. Yes, that effectively destroys Zealotry....not that I'd weep.

Its not the only viable rotation but CS>>Filler>>Possible filler> CS...isn't a great rotation. As it is, I thinka little bit more linkage betweenm skills may also be of help, maybe returning DS to a finisher, swapping LoD and Radiance...

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty funny how the changes to our mastery and "Divine Purpose" actually make "Zealotry" much more useful as a spell. Now there is a higher chance of "Hand of Light" to proc, with having all abilities pretty much proc it, so we can have it ready pretty much when we want it, and the Righteous Vengeance effect on "Templar's Verdict" will make our 31-point talent hit much harder than it once did.

Finally, some darn synergy with our talents!