Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Spooky whispers while doing archeology...

Hello, first off - sorry for my english - ill try to put this straight:

I logged on my main to do some archeology researches, and when i was around the first dig site i heard some whispers in headset - preety similar to those from C'thun fight... but i had very low volume, and wasnt sure if i am not crazy ... i had nothing in the chat log, but i was preety sure there was some noise.

After about 15 minutes i was at dwarf dig site, and when i was about to set survey, i heard it again - other sentence for sure BUT i could hear only last part of whisper

"...you will fade"

(got hit by mob on first part so i couldnt get the words)

i freaked out... it was weard, none of my guild members has the same issue, i have no new quests, no puzzle box of yogg or stuff. it just happens to me...
    anyone had something similar today?

please share your knowledge becouse i am not so sure anymore if i am not insane... :x

edit: yes - those are voice whispers, they dont appear in chat, and yes - i had 3rd one but was mid fight and have no idea what did IT say :/ great.
    Last edited by enlight; 2011-01-06 at 04:33 PM. Reason: clarrified some info

You've obviously pissed some Old God or Demon somewhere along the way in your travels. :-)

But seriously, I usually play with my sound off because I listen to music, but now I'm going to have to change my ways a little to see if I can hear these mystery voices while I'm working on Archeology.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    did you have ((ghost)) problem in your irl home by the way ?
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    All the times ive gotten whispers from NPC's they always been through the chat log not my headphones

Probably just your headset picking up faint radio signals.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cthulu fhtagn?

Nope, never heard these whispers. Maybe you're going crazy? Or maybe there's a new Old God on the loose!

Quote Originally Posted by Failmuffins View Post
    Cthulu fhtagn?
    Exactly my first thought

Deleted
    Gratz on your Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron?

Also I think there was a location in Howling Fjord, the canyon north of Westguard keep where you would hear those whispers but not sure if it was only when you had the quest for the ore or not.
    Last edited by mmoc150ef56254; 2011-01-06 at 05:26 PM.

Deleted
    This has freaked me out a little. I think I may just stick to Goldshire Inn

well.... as i said before i dont have Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron, and i got those whispers while flying across eastern kingdoms...

well... so its Cthulu.. :|

every time i loot a tablet or any green archi thing i hear the chtun's "your friends will abandon you" and i cant find the reason
    THIS ABOUT DRUID! druid is most fast in the yellow cat. how catch yellow cat when so fast? i try BUT NO VERY SPEEDY! i need the help against druid. please blizzard mans make not more power on druid :*(
    wise words

Quote Originally Posted by nixlov View Post
    every time i loot a tablet or any green archi thing i hear the chtun's "your friends will abandon you"
    maybe it's an addon causing this
    there are several addons working with soundfiles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    Gratz on your Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron?

Also I think there was a location in Howling Fjord, the canyon north of Westguard keep where you would hear those whispers but not sure if it was only when you had the quest for the ore or not.
    Yeah he got the puzzle box.

Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron whispers you one upon use:

At the bottom of the ocean even light must die
    The silent, sleeping, staring houses in the backwoods always dream. It would be merciful to tear them down.
    There is no sharp distinction between the real and the unreal.
    Even death may die.
    There is a little lamb lost in dark woods.
    All places, all things have souls. All souls can be devoured.
    What can change the nature of a man?
    The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark.
    You will all be alone in the end.
    Do you dream while you sleep or is it an escape from the horrors of reality?
    Look around. They will all betray you. Flee screaming into the black forest.
    In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep.
    In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.
    Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes.
    Y'knath k'th'rygg k'yi mrr'ungha gr'mula.
    The void sucks at your soul. It is content to feast slowly.
    The drowned god's heart is black ice.
    It is standing right behind you. Do not move. Do not breathe.
    Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
    In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.
    Open me! Open me! Open me! Then only will you know peace.
    You resist. You cling to your life as if it actually matters. You will learn.
    The tortured spirits of your ancestors cling to you, screaming in silence. Apparently they are quite numerous.
    The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark.
    The giant rook watches from the dead trees. Nothing breathes beneath his shadow.
    Beneath the shadow of the darkened spire, there is no light, no mercy, only void, and the chaos within.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalabaer View Post
    maybe it's an addon causing this
    there are several addons working with soundfiles
    i did try this, i disabled everything but bartender and pitbull... my life was not improved
    THIS ABOUT DRUID! druid is most fast in the yellow cat. how catch yellow cat when so fast? i try BUT NO VERY SPEEDY! i need the help against druid. please blizzard mans make not more power on druid :*(
    wise words

Got the haunted memento? or are you in wpl/epl and haven't done the ghost quest? (You get some ghost following you around whispering)

well thats..... creepy. glad i play with my sound off.

Quote Originally Posted by Krysia View Post
    Got the haunted memento? or are you in wpl/epl and haven't done the ghost quest? (You get some ghost following you around whispering)
    The haunted memento whispers?!?

PARTIALLY SOLVED:

when i pickup a green archeology part, it whispers C'thuns lines.... but i have no idea why, and as i noticed - someone has the same spooky bug too @nixlov

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wanna try this...

OT: It's Cthulhu warning you.
    Last edited by Jawden; 2011-01-06 at 06:02 PM.

Intriguing. I think it would be very cool if Blizzard had snuck in a little easter-egg like this. As you dig sites, you have a small chance of becoming haunted by ghosts of an old god or something, and it slowly gets worse over the course of a year...hinting at a future conflict/expansion.

But you are probably just going mad.