Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Stop cheating Item level.

Very simple, ive read this forums for a number of years, and this is my first post.

QQing about heroics.......

If you want to do better in heroics, EVERYONE OVERALL............stop cheating your item level. your not helping anyone walking in there with a bunch of below 333 items on.

Please just do the regulars to learn at least the basic of the new areas......and gear up through rep. 10 per kill, more on a boss kill will not take you long. ON TOP OF THAT its dropping that nice 333 gear to help you move out of the questing gear.

So if your thinking about putting some gear in your bag, that your not wearing for item level......DO NOT DO IT. You are wasting YOUR time, and everyone else.

Now, I say this all based only on hearing peoples issues, and then when i ask them is the healer/tank really 329 item or above? most of the time fail groups tell me no, no they are not ready for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    i did it with my guild so we didnt have to waste time doing normals lol

but thats different than puggin so yeah.

Ya, doing things with your guild is always fine.

But then you can have things like vent, and the ability to be accountable for your actions.

Pugs are not accountable, and are usually not gonna fire up vent for you.

But for most of the people i see, (as how many times i see, just get a guild replys) this is not whats happening

They THINK that its okay, because they did it with guild. But then when they dont......Your hurting everyone.

Gear is not, never has been, and never will be the criteria that determines whether you can clear an instance or not. You're either good enough to clear it, or you aren't. If people are having issues clearing heroics, it isn't the gear.

It's the people. "Cheating" the system doesn't make it any worse, and instead just exposes further how terrible people are without the gear to hide behind.

Whether they have the "329" to clear by acquiring the gear normally or use vendor bought items to supplement the iLVL score is a moot point.

If people got 329 in gear, I dont see a reason to kick them or be mad at them, heroics are really easy if people use cc, on the bosses is a little bit harder but people just gotta learn to move from damage, I dont get your point of why you are qqing.

I rock heroics with my PvP gear.

Some groups call me out on it when I join, but generally when they see me doing 40% of the dmg they fuck off.

It's not about your gear, while it can certainly make something harder or easier it will never go as far as making it required.

I cheated my way into heroics using PvP gear, simply because I didn't feel it was fair to have to slug through normals in order to "prove" to Blizzard I was good enough to endure the mighty heroic!

Some of the best geared people will just as often cause a wipe as the worst geared.

If you've played WoW long enough this shouldn't be news to you.

i know it a cop out to say "i have super skill" but ya.....if you have all the amazing skill in the world.....but are sitting in level 78 greens. you honestly think your raid is going to make it?

It seems this "i have super skill" is for people that are doing fine, doing things in guild, and know there class fair.

But again, your pugging. and even with that "amazing skill" you have, with 300 item level, im going to out dps you. or our tank you, or out heal you. based on the fact that YOU CANT EVEN HIT AS HARD.

So ya, in wrath the idea worked fine, skill did play a big part more than gear from time to time (with 30% buff....)

But this is cata. and most of the people bitching are people that are not in guilds doing heroics in a group.

So still, the amazingly skilled players out there.........if your still in greens, stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    Gear is not, never has been, and never will be the criteria that determines whether you can clear an instance or not. You're either good enough to clear it, or you aren't. If people are having issues clearing heroics, it isn't the gear.

It's the people. "Cheating" the system doesn't make it any worse, and instead just exposes further how terrible people are without the gear to hide behind.

Whether they have the "329" to clear by acquiring the gear normally or use vendor bought items to supplement the iLVL score is a moot point.
    So all the "gear check" fights were a lie? lol, no. Yes, skill plays a big role, but you can't always ignore gear. Gear also gives you room for error, which even top 100 players have on occasion. Just because it could be done with less if performed perfectly doesn't mean you should use that as an excuse to not get gear first. It's actually easier to grind rep in normals anyway, they tend to go faster...

Ofc this applies more for heals/tanks than it does for dps.

Sorry but saying someone can not take part in a heroic because they do not meet a certain level in gear is wrong in my opinion, seriously if someone has the brain to cheat item level they have a brain to do a heroic, honestly its not a matter worth even discussing, if they do it they personally feel they are ready for the instance.

ok, i will, but just because you asked

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to agree, don't cheat the system. It's put in place to "ensure" you have the proper tools. BUT! With that being said, their are people who could have an iLVL of 500 and still be insanely terrible. I don't PUG and if I did, I wouldn't do gear checks. But, if you are "cheating the system" and you are causing the group to fail, you should go check yourself.

If people got 329 in gear, I dont see a reason to kick them or be mad at them, heroics are really easy if people use cc, on the bosses is a little bit harder but people just gotta learn to move from damage, I dont get your point of why you are qqing.
    the thing is .. Auction house does not have a trade brain skills tab currently where you can buy the ability to move out of things or actually offer cc. i really dont mind about people s gear , in fact i dont even inspect them , either im too lazy or im ready to focus on My own work as a healer, but there are some days that you just say.... what did i do to deserve this ? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Toxile View Post
    Sorry but saying someone can not take part in a heroic because they do not meet a certain level in gear is wrong in my opinion, seriously if someone has the brain to cheat item level they have a brain to do a heroic, honestly its not a matter worth even discussing, if they do it they personally feel they are ready for the instance.
    so your saying someone that just hit 85, and since what, they raided before, or have a huge ego.....saying your ready is good enough?

And isnt every idiot that hears about it going to do it either way? Its the wrath idea.....i can get gear easier if i do it this way....so i should. even if its not good for everyone else.....its good for ME....

Honestly though........ HEY EVERYONE IM READY FOR T12 IN GREENS......damn it didnt work.....guess ill have to try to hax my item level (and yes i know we are in t11....)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrzoso View Post
    i know it a cop out to say "i have super skill" but ya.....if you have all the amazing skill in the world.....but are sitting in level 78 greens. you honestly think your raid is going to make it?
    Who said anything about Raids?

10+ Year Old Account
    I cheated it on my DK because I was already doing 10K+ on bosses. I saw 0 point to sit in normals for 3 or 4 more pieces when I'm already better than most people I am currently running heroics with.

That said, some of the bosses in heroics are a bitch. I would never think to cheat the ilvl if I were tanking or healing, that's pretty much giving your LFD group the middle finger, because no matter how good you are, none of the healing/tank classes are OP enough to be undergeared and doing heroics.
    Last edited by Shamslam; 2011-01-02 at 05:07 AM.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

I would also like to point out, that this is not an issue I have run into. My guild runs heroics as a team, and most of us are to the point where there is nothing left to get, and we are buying heirloom BS again.

This is just something i have viewed after asking MANY people having a hard time in an instance. (even as a dps, with the tanks being dead, or healers oom)

Each and every single time I have asked what kind of gear they are wearing. its not up to 329 level. They seem to know their class (most of the time) they are doing the right cooldowns at the right time, people arnt standing in shit.

Its Just that if a tank is taking HUGE hits, and the healer isnt even able to keep up due to gear.......How is that fair to everyone else?

They thought they were badass and could handle it, well guess what. no, no you couldn't

I am not talking to big raiders, i am not talking to the people who have played for awhile.

I am talking to the people that are in small guilds that are failing

I am talking to the "bads"

I am talking to the people bitching about not having enough time to do things to gear.

I am talking to the people failing in heroics, but are still not even WEARING the 329 req to get in.

Not here to slander the whole game, or either side. but honestly.....this "I am amazing" idea....who honestly plays this game and tell themself they suck. seriously.

So yes, if you feel that your good enough for the item level......That's not really the proof. if your doing fine and dandy, great! your probably are doing things right, and so is EVERYONE ELSE in your group......

But say 2/5 in your group are bads, we'll even say they are dps, your healers spending more time on them. and that healer now req more item level to heal through the bads.

Its not ARE YOU GOOD ENOUGH. its IS YOUR GROUP GOOD ENOUGH.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxile View Post
    You feeling you are ready is not paying my repair bills for carrying your ass through something you have no clue what you are doing. If I inspect you in the dungeon and see you have nothing but greens and pvp pieces to cheat the ilevel system you will receive a kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You feeling you are ready is not paying my repair bills for carrying your ass through something you have no clue what you are doing. If I inspect you in the dungeon and see you have nothing but greens and pvp pieces to cheat the ilevel system you will receive a kick.
    This. 10 times this. I cant think of how many people that claim they rock, end up being just kinda okay. or even bad. But as I stated.....

Who the hell plays world of warcraft, and goes around telling people they suck at it? HONESTLY. Everyone i have met thinks they are a pve pvp god.

Cata seems to me a play nice and get along style already, and no one is used to it. We are still all about us, and what we want to do. Not what would be fun for the guild, or fun for your group of friends. (or grasp this one, good for your SERVER)
    Last edited by Mrzoso; 2011-01-02 at 05:19 AM.

Guild or not, you should be ensuring you are pulling your weight, and that includes ensuring you are geared for the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    i am feral druid ( tank ) real ilvl 325 , have a fellow paladin healer ilvl 320 , we cheated the system and actually did BRC and Throne of tides heroics . no problems at all. we didn't even wipe 1 time .

but yeah some players i wont say bad but they tend to be hesitant in using the Cooldwons ( Survival ) + improper CC's , my advice castaway your fears and plunge into the chaotic heroics !