Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    As a DPS, I notice far more pug tanks that are impatient, dont let us CC and think they're hot shit when we tell them theyre doing it wrong.
    I have encountered this on my DPS toons as well. I shouldn't have taken all my anger out on DPS. Sometimes it's the healer or the tank too. I've been tanking since Vanilla and like to think of myself as a decent player, but we all make mistakes.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post

If there is a group of six mobs, a couple are being CCed and a couple casters, I cannot establish aggro and correct positioning on all mobs in 1 GCD. I need to HT a caster, move the mobs away from CC and at the very least get off Rend > TC > SW before you go apeshit popping trinkets and smashing AoEs. I CANNOT HOLD THREAT ON A TARGET THAT HAS NOT EVEN REACHED ME YET. This is maddening and happens CONSTANTLY. STOP. Wait 5 seconds before attacking. It's not hard.
    If you are opening with a heroic throw and then a rend you are just a bad bad bad bad warrior tank. on packs of 6 your second attack is going to be a dot that gives you very little threat? I get rend clapping is a high priority for aoe tanking, but honestly, if you're tanking heroics, get glyph of cleave, open with a heroic throw, cleave the first mobs that reach you, apply rend, thunderclap, and if any have escaped this, taunt them and shockwave... win? It works for me every time and I rarely wipe in heroics any more, even when using LFD.

I created an account on mmochamp just to tell you this, that you're the problem, not the dps.

i agree tbh.
    was in a group other night (BRC) literally 20 seconds in and i get "go go pull quick" followed by the healer (in the same guild as 2 of the DPS) attacking a mob (i hadnt marked yet) he continues this through the instence despite the other Dps not knowing what to do, and whenever we did wipe, it would be "WTF tank" got to the point where i just left. end of the day 3 guildies all backing him up i wasnt gonna get out any other way.
    guess i learned my lesson though i'll be sticking to guild runs form now on. screw the pugs.

When a tank takes 1-5 minutes per trash pull, there's need for some impatience imo. I really really hate the tanks who take over 2 minutes, because there's just no need for that whatsoever. If they're talking to someone/busy just say "1 sec, busy." in chat, it's that simple.

Everyone keeps going back to CC. Are you guys all still really cc'ing stuff? And please stop bringing up the WOTLK mentality nonsense, current heroics are EXACTLY THE SAME.

done a pug for deadmines on my alt tank earlier today, and when i asked the shaman and the hunter specifically to pull the x2 envoker+ miner pack with dispell magic + cc, both of them used the cc right away and then proceded to "aoe" (not really) the miners with the aoe damage reduction buff, after i tanked them for a while using every single cd i died due to much damage from envoker buff and the dps not really killing any mob the healer qqd on me to not aoe tank cuz my gear aint so good..

then i argued with the shaman and the hunter why they didnt dispell the magic buff, specifically i ask the hunter, did you use tranq shot ?, when he replied "thats marksman spec" i facepalmed so hard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezal View Post
    It works for me every time and I rarely wipe in heroics any more, even when using LFD.
    I'll pull aggro away from you with one round of chain lightning at the mobs. Trinket+EM+CL = You lost aggro on most if not all mobs.

See, DPS can be the problem.

I'm bad, your bad, they're bad, we're all bad yeah!

Deleted
    Stop whining and play with ur guild. We know to cc and heal and tank and dps, and we do it with succes.

If you fail in a pug, well that just said it all, pugs are fail atm.

Deleted
    Firstly, no i didn't, and secondly, I can aoe taunt anyway

---------- Post added 2011-01-07 at 12:53 AM ----------

Or even just shockwave earlier if you're going to be a douche and *try* to overagro.

You're the tank, you're the "boss".
    If you want absoloute power go with a healer guildie too, you can't be vote kicked and if you for some reason get vote kicked anyway you got insta-queue.
    If you're a tank with a healer the others are just scavengers preying on what you leave behind, they're nothing without you.
    And also(easier with a healer you know) let them die if they pull, you'll get a replacement dps in a nano-second.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I think blizard should fix the lfg tool. They should make it that tanks gets grouped with tanks, healers with healers and dps with dps , so that ur running with ie. 5 tanks. Yeah i know its a stupid idea but at least we will stop seeing all these topics about omg tank are ignorant or wtf dps are slacker.

Every second topic is blaming an other roll. Im realy tired of this

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost never hear GOGOGOG because I have CC do the pulls. If someone is thinking 'gogogo' it's me as the tank (of course I would never say it in chat...that's just assinine). The most legitimate above gripe is the one about dps unloading before the mobs have even reached the tank. For the most part tanking trash is pretty much easymode if you use some CC, but DD who attack before the mobs even reach the tank are facepalmingly annoying.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    Gladly i`m hunter .Anyway the problem here not is only DPS or healer or tank.Unlike in randoms when i`m with guild group we are in Teamspeak so i know in every moment what the hell ppl do.Not to wait like 5 mins and pull the pack with trap and tank isnt here w/o group to know that

FACEPALM. Cleave isn't on GCD so you could do that anyway derp. Nice going you barely know your class. If you even play a warrior since thats same basic shit there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tezal View Post
    If you are opening with a heroic throw and then a rend you are just a bad bad bad bad warrior tank. on packs of 6 your second attack is going to be a dot that gives you very little threat? I get rend clapping is a high priority for aoe tanking, but honestly, if you're tanking heroics, get glyph of cleave, open with a heroic throw, cleave the first mobs that reach you, apply rend, thunderclap, and if any have escaped this, taunt them and shockwave... win? It works for me every time and I rarely wipe in heroics any more, even when using LFD.

I created an account on mmochamp just to tell you this, that you're the problem, not the dps.
    You created an account just to vomit some bullshit in a legit thread.

Opening with a cleave, a costly ability in the beggining of a pull, a rage dump, its dumb in the first place. Second, he was specific about a pull with a couple casters and rest melee, where u need to organize them, because organizing them makes the dps goes faster and the tanking more eficient.

There is nothing wrong with opening with rend-->t.clap-->shockwave and then a cleave, if the DPS wait for 3 seconds to attack. And if the DPS dont wait 3 second to attack, its not your glyphed cleave that will organize the pull.

U can delete your account now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzaum View Post
    You created an account just to vomit some bullshit in a legit thread.

Opening with a cleave, a costly ability in the beggining of a pull, a rage dump, its dumb in the first place. Second, he was specific about a pull with a couple casters and rest melee, where u need to organize them, because organizing them makes the dps goes faster and the tanking more eficient.

There is nothing wrong with opening with rend-->t.clap-->shockwave and then a cleave, if the DPS wait for 3 seconds to attack. And if the DPS dont wait 3 second to attack, its not your glyphed cleave that will organize the pull.

U can delete your account now.
    Or ill just keep doing heroics with no deaths, and you keep spending hours in them. It doesn't matter that cleave is costly in terms of rage, it hits 3 targets, and it works to get initial agro on all the melee targets, and casters if you face away from ccd targets. Even if you are tanking away from ranged mobs, the cd on taunt/throw is easily enough to keep threat on those targets unless your dps goes on a hunting spree, though i suppose that requires switching targets/making a focus macro...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    *snip*
    Quick question - are you actually, by chance, Televator from Zenedar EU?

If so - yo. It's been a while. ~P

On-topic:
    1. Yeah, sadly, as everyone else said, if you want a perfect run, without any problems like 'impatient aggro-pulling dps', get some guildies to run with you.
    2. In the many heroics I've done so far, I've actually seen far more impatient (hell, even suicidal) tanks than impatient DPS. You know, the kind of tanks that just go without waiting for even the healer to be ready? The kind of tanks that not only bust in without letting the DPS CC at least one mob, but also break any and all CCs attempted mid-fight on purpose, even when they run with DPS that...don't exactly have good AoE abilities? Yeah, those. You should be glad that you don't fit that type. At least you make us, competent healers and DPS alike, happy.

(And no, I haven't bothered to read anything apart from the OP's first post, it's 3:18 in the morning and I'm not in the mood to check every single reply.)
    Last edited by Coffer; 2011-01-07 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Again, 3:26 in the morning. I can't even freaking spell right.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Ah, back to the old "it's the DPS who suck!"

Ever considered maybe, you're a bad tank? No, no of course not.
    Seeing as in a 5 man ... 60% of the group is dps, and all it takes is 1 bad dps for someone to remember the dps is making an error...

Ever consider thinking ... of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    That's funny because everything he posted is a calling card of a bad DPS. I imagine you do many of these things, which is why you try to shift the blame.
    I agree, trying to make these problems look like they are the tanks fault is just, well, it's self explanatory really.