Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkersman View Post
    You're in the wrong, the funds you used were for the raid, which you were not in...why ask stupid questions
    No you were not wrong. The guild funds are for the guild. Now more then ever every member of the guild deposits to the guild bank, like it or not. If you truly put into the guild bank you say you did then the GM needs to get over it. If he can't then you should find a different guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Fogkin View Post
    Just ask for all the mats you donated to the gbank back and then give him is 40g. Sounds like your GM is a doucher, i'd look for a new guild.
    This sounds about right. Even if you HAVEN'T put a bunch of stuff in the bank, you put money in there by looting mobs and stuff.

In the future (if you stay in the guild), don't put anything in the bank. Keep it for yourself, sell it on the AH, whatever. 40g is really nothing at this point in the game, so it's ridiculous that he would care, let alone invoice you for it.

You're in the wrong, the funds you used were for the raid, which you were not in...why ask stupid questions
    ^

This.
    - Nom Nom

Quote Originally Posted by kriimsilm View Post
    OK, heres the deal. My guild has 7 full bank tabs plus loads of gold. My share in there is not small. Ore, gems, leather, cloth, fish, herbs... you name it... i have deposited everthing. And always the latest and most useful stuff. I was actually the first person to provide elementium and pyrium for our BS and engineer (our GM).

And now we had our first raid night and guild repairs were open for raider guild rank. Im on that rank. I was signed up, geared with flasks of my own and all ( i usually provide my own). But the raid was full and there was no room for me this time. So i did heroics... still need few bits of gear and daily Valor Points arent bad. And i used the guild repairs too.

And the next morning i find a mail in my mailbox from my GM (the same one i helped leveling engineering with ores). He sent me the bill for 40 something gold i had spent.. i was really like o.O. He had made a fuzz out of 40g calculated exactly what i "owed" to the guild and said i have to pay it back and never (ab)use the guild repairs again, unless im in raid.

I had deposited different mats to guild bank that day worth over 10 times than that gold. Just that day... like i do everyday... so..

You tell me.. was it wrong of me to use guild repairs?
    unless otherwise stated in guild info , guild repairs are usually reserved for raid progression nights

with that said, if you have done all of these things for your guild and he wants to take the time to send you a "bill" rather then jsut send a PST asking you politly that you not use guild repair if you are n ot in the raid ... then you need to ditch that guild.... OR .... build there trust up enough to where you have a lot of access to g bank and ninja everything and say MUAHAHHAHAHAHAH thats what you get

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manito View Post
    No you were not wrong. The guild funds are for the guild. Now more then ever every member of the guild deposits to the guild bank, like it or not. If you truly put into the guild bank you say you did then the GM needs to get over it. If he can't then you should find a different guild.
    Sir, you're just an idiot who doesn't understand that just because you have the ability to use it, doesn't mean you can. It was there for repairs for RAIDING, not for jacking around in heroics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockweiler View Post
    Sounds like his GM is trying to just make people stick to the rules, childish 'im taking all my toys and leaving' response is childish
    How is it childish? If someone donates so much time and effort into a guild and gets yelled at for using a guild perk that he deserved, that is childish. I know if I were to donated server thousand gold worth of mats to a guild and a GM yelled at me for using the guild bank for something then i would ask for my stuff back and go elsewhere. I've had GMs that sound like the one he has, and they are control freaks and selfish.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

OK, heres the deal. My guild has 7 full bank tabs plus loads of gold. My share in there is not small. Ore, gems, leather, cloth, fish, herbs... you name it... i have deposited everthing. And always the latest and most useful stuff. I was actually the first person to provide elementium and pyrium for our BS and engineer (our GM).

And now we had our first raid night and guild repairs were open for raider guild rank. Im on that rank. I was signed up, geared with flasks of my own and all ( i usually provide my own). But the raid was full and there was no room for me this time. So i did heroics... still need few bits of gear and daily Valor Points arent bad. And i used the guild repairs too.

And the next morning i find a mail in my mailbox from my GM (the same one i helped leveling engineering with ores). He sent me the bill for 40 something gold i had spent.. i was really like o.O. He had made a fuzz out of 40g calculated exactly what i "owed" to the guild and said i have to pay it back and never (ab)use the guild repairs again, unless im in raid.

I had deposited different mats to guild bank that day worth over 10 times than that gold. Just that day... like i do everyday... so..

You tell me.. was it wrong of me to use guild repairs?
    Being a gm, I had a meeting with my core officer group and raiders to here their opinion to. This is what we came up with, during times where we decide guild heroics and raids we will allow repairs which will be open at all times with a daily cap of 500 gold, for raiders 250 for everything below. It was not a big thing we all agreed but people would use it out of that so we had another meeting and determined that it doesn't matter it will come out the same and that we can afford to raise the cap more but opt'd on doing all enchants for free.

That's my situation but on to yours, from the sound of it. You're both in the wrong, your gm needs to clearly state what is being done with repairs how much when and the situation, failure to do this results in loop holes and people leaving the guild. That's his fault, now yours is very very simple and I will use a very simple analogy to make it clear. What you're saying is the same as you wrecked your girl friends car and she wants you to pay for it but you turn around and say "Listen babe, all the gifts I bought you and the times I took you out to eat is more than this". That correlation stands here, you were doing something for your guild bank to be nice and giving it gifts. You can't expect credit on gifts, so because of this you're both wrong.

Deleted
    plus with the guild perk "cash flow" theres always extra gold incoming.
    Worked this one out with other officers in my guild, i dropped 20k into the gbank during the leveling/heroics period to see how fast it would go and it went pretty fast.

Since the expansion dropped the 'Profit Sharing' achievement shows our 10man raid guild (~15 active ppl) has looted 27.5k, obviously that will be slightly boosted since there would have been more killing of mobs and looting during leveling. So in one month we might loot 25k, since cash flow is only 10% that means we would get 2.5k into our gbank. One good night of progress raids can wipe that out

So in response, no cash flow wont be anywhere near sufficient to maintain funds for guild repair.

Sir, you're just an idiot who doesn't understand that just because you have the ability to use it, doesn't mean you can. It was there for repairs for RAIDING, not for jacking around in heroics
    Wow. How quickly you jump to immature name calling. This is an opinion. Get over it. We don't all have to agree and there are many different types of guilds out there. I gave my opinion of the current situation he was in and also stated that if the way he felt did not match that of his GM he should move on. Think more openly before you blast someone in future with childish name calling please.

im sure everyone on that rank used the repairs when possible ( in my mind all the progression raiders should have a atleast a small amount of guild repairs open all the time.. cause all the heroics they do, what are the only things repair is used in, in the long run help the guild progress in raids).

plus with the guild perk "cash flow" theres always extra gold incoming.

its not like i took thousands of gold. i have never asked the guild to just give me anything i get the mats for all the enchants and gear and gem cut myself. and i have only given to the guild bank... and now the GM is making feel like i stole from him that measily 40g
    Your rationalizations are just that, rationalizations. Bottom line is you took something you weren't given permission to take.

take waht you put in the bank, out of the bank, and be selfish then. its a perk of your rank, you should be able to use it without question. your GM is jsut being an ass. tell him to fuck off or demote you if he doesnt want you using a perk of your rank.(just make sure you take everything you put in the bank out before you do this as it will probably get you kicked)
    Scrapbot Was Here.
    I was asked a simple question in school today; 3 men walk into a bar, 1 orders a Margarita, 1 orders a Screwdriver, and the third orders the largest glass of Guinness he could get. Which on is gay?
    My answer: The one who bought the Guinness because he gave it to me.
    my teacher looked at my answer and laughed. i got bonus points because of it.

Just ask for all the mats you donated to the gbank back and then give him is 40g. Sounds like your GM is a doucher, i'd look for a new guild.
    This right here. I've had the same problem in a previous guild. When this happened to me I said well then I want all the materials I've deposited into the bank then if you're gonna make a fuss about a little gold. The GM refused but thankfully a friend of mine was an officer in there and I knew he PW. I took all the mats I put in, deposited the gold they were bitching about (80g btw), and then joined their rival guild at the time.

Needless to say, I later found out that the GM was absolutely raging in vent that night after he figured out what had happened, and that I knew my friends PW. We're I a lesser man, I would have taken everything from the bank and held it at ransom so he should have counted himself lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohak View Post
    You are all blind to not see Paragons strat. They used gnome mages as sacrifice to the Earth Godess wich granted them unimaginable powahs and lazor beamz able to cut trough Arthas's tick armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    People choose PvP servers because they think they're going to be the most dangerous predator in the jungle. Then they find out that the reality is they're just the littlest guy in the prison shower.

If your guild is at least level 5 then you should definitely be able to use gold for repairs. In fact, pretty much all ranks should have some repair gold. If you put it in (whether intentionally or not), you should be able to take it out. I would sincerely consider looking for a different guild if that's the way your GM is going to be. It just sounds corrupt to me...like a minister taking the tithings and buying booze and hookers. It just doesn't make any sense.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd pay him his 40g and stop depositing mats to the guild bank completely, but then again I'm stubborn like that. Then if they ever requested people farm mats for the guild for something, I would have a pretty solid argument.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

That brings up an interesting idea. Guilds should maybe have a temporary active raider rank that people are promoted to right before raid and demoted afterwards. They can repair while in raid and right after raid, but then they are demoted to the regular raid rank or what ever. This temporary active rank would also have access to a restricted guild bank tab that has flasks, food, etc. for the raid.

As for your situation, he could have been less of a douche about it and either send you a mail or whisper like, "Hey man, I appreciate all you've done for the guild, but the guild repair function is just for people actively in the raid. Just a heads up" or something along those lines. It is not as if you are a repeat offender or an abuser of guild privileges.
    Last edited by bloodwine77; 2011-01-07 at 04:04 PM.

Deleted
    How is it childish? If someone donates so much time and effort into a guild and gets yelled at for using a guild perk that he deserved, that is childish. I know if I were to donated server thousand gold worth of mats to a guild and a GM yelled at me for using the guild bank for something then i would ask for my stuff back and go elsewhere. I've had GMs that sound like the one he has, and they are control freaks and selfish.
    It is childish, if the rule is to only use guild repair if your in a raid and you break the rule and get a slap for it, then running off in a huff is very childish.

I've done alot for my own guild. I did it all to help my guild get into raiding quicker not to get something back for myself and i wouldnt assume that i can just go ahead and just ignore a rule if i expect everyone else to stick to them.

15+ Year Old Account
    stop depositing new stuff, get back what you can (without telling them you're leaving), and find a new guild.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd pay up the 40g and stop depositing into the guild bank, every coin has 2 sides and your gm isn't looking at the other side, thinking hey hes deposited this much into the guild bank ill give him a warning first. pay the 40g and stop putting things into the guild bank.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it is clearly stated the repairs are only to be used by raiding people, during raids, the gm was right. If that hasn't been told, the GM is just being a bitch, and your guild doesn't deserve your contributions.

Deleted
    a)
    my share in there is not small. Ore, gems, leather, cloth, fish, herbs... you name it... i have deposited everthing.And always the latest and most useful stuff. I was actually the first person to provide elementium and pyrium for our BS and engineer (our GM).
    You didnt have to that was your choice didn't have to do it.completely seperate to repairs...if u want to be a pain, mail him asking for Xg for all engineering supplies
    b) unless stated i cant see whats wrong , GM can state gold for raids only then this is a breach of guild rules,and anyway he can enable and disable it before and after raids i believe but thats more effort for him.

Cash flow isn't a simple case, you can have someone noy add to the gb but take so you have a few people fund the rest of the peoples raiding