Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fateq View Post
    1/11/11 is january, not november
    in europe we'd think of that as november automatically!

DC comics, the laughable men in tights franchise that began with heroes of the most simplistic an idiotic characters beat out wow.... Now a Sandman MMO! Meh anyway, DC has always been a joke, anything based off of it no matter how good the play or system will be just that, a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by bajerman View Post
    lot of fanboyism going on in here.

Anyway, I liked DC Universe. I played the beta for 2 weeks or so. I was really impressed. One of the problems it suffers from is that a lot of things in it aren't very user-friendly. Legends PVP is kind of hard to find and some objectives aren't all that clear. One thing that makes WoW the king of MMOs is that its completely idiot proof. I do like the combat system that DCUO implemented. WoWs combat engine is very old and I think that will ultimately be its downfall. Gamers today are looking for more interactive combat. Frankly, WoW is just wasding and button-mashing.
    Id think the worst thing it would suffer would be DC franchise characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexxia View Post
    DC comics, the laughable men in tights franchise that began with heroes of the most simplistic an idiotic characters beat out wow.... Now a Sandman MMO! Meh anyway, DC has always been a joke, anything based off of it no matter how good the play or system will be just that, a joke.
    I pretty sure this is trolling but wtv ill bite. DC started in 1934 during the great depression. the reason many DC characters are flawless in every way and borderline hollow is because life back then sucked and people needed optimism, especially kids. Unlike WoW, DC makes most of its money with stories and has been around for much longer than Blizzard. I really don't know how you can think that Blizzard's Universe is richer than DC's.

TL;DR Your a troll or a fanboy. gtfo

10+ Year Old Account
    "end of wow" doesnt exist

Agreed with Bajerman

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinehart View Post
    age of conan, aion, warhammer, maple story, runescape, starwars series, FF series, they all have tried and wow still has a very very long track record of loyal subscribers. Not saying it isnt gonna happen some day. Just not holding my breath.
    In my opinion, WoW killed Runescape

10+ Year Old Account
    yeha played aion for a few months it is a grindfest from hell cant go to deep into water becuase you dont know how to swim........yeah i know they have underwater zones now but...seriously....It had its advantages the combo system i quite enjoyed but it grew tiresome after awhile.

Now the Lore eh didnt suck me in at all very boring.The designs were decent but felt really done nothing that wowed me.

DCUO from what I could tell from the videos TB did it starts out pretty good. But thats usually the flash(not the super hero =.=) to get people to stay in the game until i see later levels and the end game content I'll not pass judgement on it.

Why is it that everyone has to be king of the MMo's and actually work on getting a enjoyable mmo instead.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Why do you have to say it's going to be a WoW killer... everyone says that about every damn game that comes out. Please stop saying that.
    This^^^^^^
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxia View Post
    Or How about WoW, which is 90% warhammer clone, 10% random bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift looks pretty good. I'm not into super hero games, nor chat-heavy games. But at the end of the day, which company has actually proven themselves best capable of supporting MMO communities? Which company can afford to advertise their MMO during NFL commercials? Without massive marketing and a track record of player support COMBINED, I don't see either Rift or SWTOR coming close to killing WoW.

There is one MMO-ish game that didn't need extensive marketing or extensive player support to become huge, and that game is Minecraft. However, this game is completely original, whereas all of the formerly mentioned MMO's have borrowed most of their gameplay from their predecessors. Minecraft has zero competition for its scope of gameplay, you can email Notch himself for account recovery, and the game is less than half the price of most non-subscription MMO's. And perhaps most importantly, the players advertise this game, and they do an amazing job at it.

For these reasons, if there's any game that is likely to kill WoW, I think it's Minecraft. Not saying that it WILL kill WoW, it just has the most potential.

Why do people keep saying the same garbage every time a new MMO comes out? I haven't seen any MMOs even put up a fight let alone kill WoW. SWTOR might put up a fight because of the already built in star wars fan base.

Another problem im seeing with a lot of these new MMOs is that they are trying too hard on the graphics department. WoWs graphics are bad but this is a good thing because anyone can play it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Will it kill wow? ROFL no.

Will it be ok and stand on it's own? Maybe. Iunno. Prolly.

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    WoW-killer? Oh, you mean like LotRO? Or Warhammer Online? Age of Conan? Latest x-pac to EverQuest?

Nah, WoW has stacked so much resilience that the other companies would have to gang up and make a super game with all their resources combined. When people complain about other games, they stop playing them. When something bad happens in WoW? They go to a forum, vent their rage, log back in to the game, then put themselves in another LFD/Random BG-queue.
    Best way to put it

people need to stop comparing dcuo to wow, you will just build up so much hype you will kill the game before it even begins

im going to buy this game because well to be honest ive always wanted my own superhero since i was a kid and theres only one thing stopping people from playing both and thats money ( even though if you cut it down it will cost you about a dollar per day to play both which is 1 coffee less a day)
    Last edited by Bluey111; 2011-01-10 at 12:49 PM.

Deleted
    Want to play a superhero? City of Heroes/Villains does it well. Champions Online does it ok. DC Online? Currently has a bunch of bugs and as far as I can see requires no skill to play.

Deleted
    While DC Universe looks like a great game, I don't think that it's enough to kill WoW. Many great titles have been rumored to be the new "WoW killer" (Such as LotRO, Star Trek Online, etc.), but none of them have lived up to that name, and I don't think DC Universe will either.
    Of course, I may give DC Universe a try, if Cataclysm gets boring. First I'll wait for a free trial, though!

Deleted
    The end of WoW? When will people realise it, NO game will be the end of WoW.

I remember when Warhammer Online came out, WoW haters were screaming about 3-4 millions of cancalled WoW subscriptions because people were going to play Warhammer, and what happened? The WoW playerbase has only grown by 3-4 millions since then.

DC Universe may be a great game, but i highly doubt that the developers and the distributors want to spend the ammounts of money it would take to get even close to WoWs commercial status and playerbase.

meh. my friend had the beta and when i played it it felt a lot like a console game and not an mmo, so i believe they should have made it a console with an online function, but that a regular mmo wont work out for SoE very long

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Deleted
    Haven't you learned that WoW can only be killed by time or Blizzard's will? There have been many "wow killers." that had big licenses like Conan and Lord of the Rings.
    Even Warhammer. The whole universe of Warcraft comes from Warhammer and that game failed badly.

I have played all of these and none of them are doing very well right now. Conan is still extremely cool though and i'm intending to try the trial again.
    A big license doesn't make a game an automatic winner, even if it is DC Universe, Star Wars or whatever else.
    I wouldn't replace WoW with any other MMORPG right now. Well, maybe Ultima Online with an RP shard with decent amount of players.