Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quick question, how do i add Anhuur's Hymnal to Simcraft? ( As in, how much should i set the procc rate at?

Full code would be appriciated.

---------- Post added 2011-01-16 at 12:46 PM ----------

Anhuur's_Hymnal,ilevel=346,quality=rare,stats=285hit,equip=onspellcast_1710spellpower_10%_ 10dur_45cd

didnt work =/
    Last edited by Greatforce-Kilrogg; 2011-01-16 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatforce-Kilrogg View Post
    [/COLOR]Anhuur's_Hymnal,ilevel=346,quality=rare,stats=285hit,equip=onspellcast_1710spellpower_10%_ 10dur_45cd

didnt work =/
    Try:

trinket1(or2)=anhuur's_hymnal,ilevel=346,quality=rare,stats=285hit,equip=onspellcast_1710s pellpower_10%_10dur_45cd

Code:
    trinket2=anhuurs_hymnal,ilevel=346,quality=rare,stats=285hit,equip=onspellcast_1710sp_10%_10dur_50cd

15+ Year Old Account
    Very, very interesting. I've been using this for a long while, but didn't know a lot of the stuff done here. Gonna try it out here in a bit!

15+ Year Old Account
    Examples of trinkets, straight from source code:

On spell cast trinket: OnSpellCast_1710SP_10%_10Dur_50Cd
    On dot tick trinket, with stacking buff: OnSpellTickDamage_15SP_20Stack_15Dur
    On any spell damage trinket, with stacking buff: OnSpellDamage_18SP_10Stack_10Dur
    On spell or dot crit: OnSpellCrit_225SP_20%_10Dur_45Cd

Adjust as you see fit.

---------- Post added 2011-01-17 at 11:57 AM ----------

IE, I'm going to make an on crit give me 10000 spell power for 10 seconds, stacking to 3. I would create the trinket with stats:

Code:
    trinket2=gherkins_awesomesauce_trinket,ilevel=346,quality=rare,
    then since I have no stats on it, I can remove stats=xxx_type and jump right to the proc:

Code:
    equip=onspellcrit_10000sp_3Stack_10Dur
    for the line

Code:
    trinket2=gherkins_awesomesauce_trinket,ilevel=346,quality=rare,equip=onspellcrit_10000sp_3Stack_10Dur

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account
    [Simcraft Folder Name] \ engine \ sc_unique_gear.cpp

Open in notepad, scroll to near the bottom. This is how simcraft converts your trinket downloads into actual procs it can manage.

R.I.P. YARG

Ugh, wish this was easier for people who aren't good with numbers. Not mention something similar for Macintosh.

15+ Year Old Account
    It works for macs.

R.I.P. YARG

Can someone attempt to run my character through a sim? It's been working fine for me but for some reason after i got a couple of new pieces of gear last night when i try to simulate my character it tells me i should be doing 6.7k dps :O

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/qizzy/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by newera32 View Post
    Can someone attempt to run my character through a sim? It's been working fine for me but for some reason after i got a couple of new pieces of gear last night when i try to simulate my character it tells me i should be doing 6.7k dps :O

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/qizzy/advanced
    I got 20k dps, so I'd say it worked. Try uninstalling then reinstalling SimCraft, see if it continues.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

15+ Year Old Account
    6.7k dps sounds like you screwed up the gear list.

---------- Post added 2011-01-19 at 06:22 PM ----------

I see you have a belt from Throne of Winds. Simcraft hates this gear, so make sure you get the latest build to fix it. 403-24

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Is anyone able to provide example code for Gale of Shadows and similar "stat + 'when X happens you get a buff of Y, stacks up to Z times'" trinkets? I've been having a look around the program and had no luck so far finding the correct code.
    There's no need to specify the code manually for known trinkets - all you need is the item ID, which you can see in the wowhead URL. So this would work:

trinket1=gale_of_shadows,id=56138

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for this great guide. I am really enjoying using Simcraft for the first time because of it.

I a question regarding the way crit scaling is calculated. I noticed today that a destro lock that i know (who gets ranked on world of logs) is stacking crit even though its scale factors for his gear seems to be lower than haste. Is it possible that the formula for crit scaling (is this a multiple regression anaylsis?) underestimates crit? Perhaps I simply ran the program incorrectly since I am a new user however? I'm not meaning to diss Simcraft here... I'm just trying to understand its possible limitations.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not simcraft, its his personal stat weights. He has probably passed the first haste plateau and is stacking crit. Eventualy he will get enough haste on gear he can't avoid that will bump his haste scaling up again, and he will need to collect more gear to reach the next haste plateau.

R.I.P. YARG

Well if his scale factors show crit to be inferior to haste, surely he should be stacking (or reforging) haste? I am well over the haste plateau and I still go for haste because it still scales better than crit.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    Well if his scale factors show crit to be inferior to haste, surely he should be stacking (or reforging) haste? I am well over the haste plateau and I still go for haste because it still scales better than crit.
    Yah thats the issue that confuses me. Of course I am new to this and I'm sure that I just don't understand how to properly interpet the scale factors yet. I recently imported Manni's (from Paragon) set. Haste had a higher scale factor than crit. So I thought that this means that right now he would do better with adding haste even without getting the additional tick of immolate. However, I'm pretty sure Manni knows what he's doing as do the other locks that I know that stack crit even though their haste scale factor's are higher. That's what made me wonder if crit scaling might be underestimating crit's value. Gherkin's point sort of eludes me since I thought that the scale factors are true right now even without making the next tick?

Anyways, I'm a newbie to this and I sincerely appreciate people's responses and feedback. Simcrafting is really fun and I'm enjoying learning more about it.

What I don't get is, if you sim your character and crit is better than haste, you reforge all your haste/mastery to crit, then you sim your char again. Now, haste is better than crit...so you reforge all your crit back to haste...the same loop happens again.

Scale factors tell you how much you gain from a further point of that stat right? So we'd have to take away crit and add haste point by point until we find the point where crit overtakes haste, as an example. If we reforge a chunk of crit to haste, that scale factor might look different if we add say 50 haste, rather than 1 haste.

Urgh.

This is what happens when two stats are close to each other in value - and especially when one of those is haste, since the haste scaling graph is not a straight line. There will be certain times when a point of crit will gain you more than a point of haste, but those times are rare. Your best bet if you really want to know for sure is to create specific gear sets where you reforge to haste or crit and simulate them against each other. Using our Chardev import feature makes doing so pretty easy.

You really shouldn't assume that any given lock knows exactly how to squeeze the maximum amount of theoretical DPS out of their gear just because they're in a high end guild. Crit and haste are close enough in value that he's not losing *huge* amounts of DPS by reforging to crit over haste. Unless he's deliberately forgoing the 8th immolate tick, that is.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    This is what happens when two stats are close to each other in value.... You really shouldn't assume that any given lock knows exactly how to squeeze the maximum amount of theoretical DPS out of their gear just because they're in a high end guild. Crit and haste are close enough in value that he's not losing *huge* amounts of DPS by reforging to crit over haste. Unless he's deliberately forgoing the 8th immolate tick, that is.
    Thanks for your reply, that helps me out. So it seems that no one seems to think there might be a problem with the way crit scaling is calculated. This reassures me, I just wanted to check on this possibility.

15+ Year Old Account
    Manni might also be gearing himself to be the best in two specs while not being high in one and low in another. This is how I gear - somewhere between Demonology and Destruction, as those are the two specs I play depending on the fight.

R.I.P. YARG