Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    actually, i went frost to help on our first cho'gall kill. i could practically solo the Blood of the Old Gods, easily doubling our surv hunters damage on them, so everyone could just tunnel the boss. maloriak also has adds that need to die fast, and while not as hard, there's certainly more than 1 fight where burst AoE is needed. 40% less of 20-40k crits is still 16-32k, i still think it'll be nerfed further.

Deleted
    When will they buff IT single target damage to HB single target levels (frost spec only)? I'm getting tired of having to gimp myself (use IT over HB, rime becomes worthless) to protect CC in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many errors have been fixed. If you see anymore please respond in a more polite manner than "AHH, I WANT TO TROLL"
    Last edited by Huckfealing; 2011-01-08 at 06:16 PM.

Try using more appropriate line breaks. (BBcode is a bitch when it comes to adding extra line breaks)
    This makes it hard to connect the comment to the topic since the comment of the previous topic is closer to the next topic than to the topic it comments on.

I know, the problem is more with the way the BB-Code treats your formatting than what you did:
    Howling Blast now deals 40% less damage to all targets other than the primary target of the spell.

Expected. A nerf but not Terrible.

Might of the Frozen Wastes now also increases all melee damage by 4/8/12% while wielding a two-handed weapon.

Woohoo to all you frost 2h dk's out there! What this will do to the number of 2h frost dk's is not yet known, but this is a good start for making them more viable!

Changing it to no line break between topic + comment and double linebreak between points let's it be:
    Howling Blast now deals 40% less damage to all targets other than the primary target of the spell.

Might of the Frozen Wastes now also increases all melee damage by 4/8/12% while wielding a two-handed weapon.

Woohoo to all you frost 2h dk's out there! What this will do to the number of 2h frost dk's is not yet known, but this is a good start for making them more viable!

If you remove the align you get them even closer and using bold instead of size + removing italic eases the stress on the eyes (and gives a similar look and feel to the blue post style, making it more look like a whole):

A lot easier to read and connect, isn't it?

And another thing or two:
    - The reason your [blizzquote] tags look a bit off, is due to the extra linebreak you added, just let the text start right after the [blizzquote] not in the next line.
    - If you insist on keeping the 'comprehensive billboard' you should put it at the end, since it's more or less a TL;DR or at least, behind the blizz-quotes to keep the actual 'official information' as a block and then add your interpretation.

And about the 'people be trolling me, mon' comment: If you post something with a humorous attitude, you can expect people to respond in a way they think is humorous too. I've had someone ask me if this is a thread to bait people to troll/spam since it lacked a 'sincere' atmosphere and looked pretty much like a mess. I saw the good intention and just some inexperience in using BBcode instead of the trollbait and thus left it open by injecting some humor on my own.

hmm i liked the read on this post a bit many opinions but does put all the changes togethor and explains that said nerfs are not all to bad
    I personally knew all this already but like it all in one place
    (why is there so much hate?)

I think the dps changes were actually pretty good and should see our damage drop just slightly to what bliz seem to want it at. To be honest i was concerned that uh was going to get hit hard glad to see they were clever in the change nerfing all our damage slightly through UH might and increasing one of our main attacks to counteract that across the board loss slightly.

I expect this will leave uh where they want it until mastery changes come in, lets face it mastery is so usless atm for unholy any change to it will result in a significant dps gain.

Frost, got the aoe nerf expected and a nice boost for 2h, should bring 2h a lot closer to the other dps specs.

Tanks got hit pretty hard, not sure where they are trying to take dks atm in terms of suvivability, i guess they seem to be pushing even further towards cooldowns to survive, as if dk tanking was not already spikey enough. Nice change to crimson scourge i guess, it's an improvement over the last however i dont think i have been in a situation where threats an issue.

Overall, looks like good reasonable changes cept the tanking ones, but im not a reguar tank so i could be interpreting them wrong or not really have enough experience to judge it well enough.

After quite a bit of testing on the ptr it actually looks like 2H Frost is ahead of DW Frost now... I certainly didn't expect it after my initial rough math but I severely underestimated how many more Frost Strikes 2H Frost does making this buff even more valuable. I need to do a bit more in depth testing overall but I am pretty confident in saying that as long as there are no changes before it's released then 2H Frost will be superior to DW Frost in 4.0.6

Quote Originally Posted by Thyrial View Post
    After quite a bit of testing on the ptr it actually looks like 2H Frost is ahead of DW Frost now... I certainly didn't expect it after my initial rough math but I severely underestimated how many more Frost Strikes 2H Frost does making this buff even more valuable. I need to do a bit more in depth testing overall but I am pretty confident in saying that as long as there are no changes before it's released then 2H Frost will be superior to DW Frost in 4.0.6
    I had a feeling this may happen as the buff is to like all of 2h damage pretty much, wont stay this way as they want dw to be the primary go to i believe and 2h to be viable, chances are it will just be a slight decrease on the %s so it comes up close behind dw.

On another note i must say it's really nice how close the actual dps specs are at the moment, you can basically play whatver you prefer which is really enjoyable.

Deleted
    They want DW Frost, 2H Frost and 2H Unholy to be viable, nothing "primary", just all functional, which is another balancing nightmare basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    They want DW Frost, 2H Frost and 2H Unholy to be viable, nothing "primary", just all functional, which is another balancing nightmare basically.
    It is? personally i consider how close 2h UH and dw Frost is at the moment to be exactly what they are after, the changes to motfw will bring 2h up to par and with a small % change if its too far ahead keep it in line.

When the difference between dps specs is as small as it is atm with 2h and dw (less than 2%) it comes down to a matter of playstle more than anything else.

I honestly feel blizzard are doing a very good job with deathknights at the moment in pve.

Deleted
    Not Frost to Unholy, I mean balancing two entirely different playstyles in the same Tree, that's always been a nightmare. Even Balancing Hybrid Trees, like 3 Tanking Trees for DKs. One was always better than the rest. Feral is a nightmare to balance as well.

They sorted it out now, but it would benefit Frost a lot more to lose it's 2H component. NoCS could go Frost Passive and Tier 1 Frost could finally become friendlier to Sub-Speccing DPS, or even Tanks. Right now Tier 1 Frost might as well not exist for Blood, its a total fail.