Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendix-187 View Post
    Why would that be?
    So that should a child encounter one, they will know what to do, instead of doing something stupid. It's the same reason you teach kids about drugs, the same reason many euopeans drink alcohol with this children on occassion. Because it is better to be exposed to something dangerous in a controlled environment than on their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    a simular result would be a country with mandatory military service. VIVA LA ISRAEL
    Or Switzerland.

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 03:08 PM ----------

would u defend ur country when russia attacks?
    because u stated a country would think twice about attacking
    why would Russia attack?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    So that should a child encounter one, they will know what to do, instead of doing something stupid. It's the same reason you teach kids about drugs, the same reason many euopeans drink alcohol with this children on occassion. Because it is better to be exposed to something dangerous in a controlled environment than on their own.
    this is why u lock up ur pistol. make sure ur kids dont get it. same reason we have child proof caps on meds. keep ur kids away from it

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post

Amen. Here in Portugal, you can buy ciggs & booze from vending machines on the beach. You think you see a bunch of rowdy teens here? Nope. I mean, they still have fun and enjoy themselves but not like the shit I see in the USA.

I firmly believe that if a person got real mad and felt like shooting someone out of pure frustration. That the chance he would actually shoot that person because he had a gun at his disposal, is significantly larger then if he had to go to a lot of trouble to get a gun.

So if you make guns harder to get, or illegal for all I care. That there will be less shoot outs.
    Ofcourse, you wouldn't be able to avoid the nuts. But still you can avoid some deaths.

this is why u lock up ur pistol. make sure ur kids dont get it. same reason we have child proof caps on meds. keep ur kids away from it
    So to shelter your child in fear of controlled exposure is better? Come on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenetix View Post
    Amen. Here in Portugal, you can buy ciggs & booze from vending machines on the beach. You think you see a bunch of rowdy teens here? Nope. I mean, they still have fun and enjoy themselves but not like the shit I see in the USA.
    trust me the media blows that out of proportion. im in college and nothing is what it is in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    A person with no experience in making bombs will prolly blow himself up first...

saying what else he could have done, is not an excuse for making it easy for him...
    Reality would like to have a word with you. First off if children in 3rd world countries can manage to make bombs I'm sure any moderately educated adult with access to infinite reference material ie the internet will have no problem replicating.

Second, that IS an excuse for making it easy for him, because this situation is easy and will always be easy to happen regardless of any (realistic)steps we take to prevent it. Taking the life of someone is only difficult on the conscience. The physical act of taking the life has always been the easiest part of the processes. Getting to the mental state of mind is what deters 99% of people not that it's to hard.

If your goal is to prevent or minimize these types of acts, your solution lays with the person not the method.

trust me the media blows that out of proportion. im in college and nothing is what it is in the movies.

Comment fail. I currently live in Canada & have spent a few years in the USA. Trust me. It's very different.

10+ Year Old Account
    So to shelter your child in fear of controlled exposure is better? Come on.
    never said u shouldnt teach ur kids. we have obvious ways to keep ur kids away from stuff. in europe they have the child proof bottles for meds also

10+ Year Old Account
    If it came down to enemy forces occupying America i can guarantee you that you would have dudes in the mountains and forests using guerilla tactics and their guns in an effort to protect the country, largely due to our ability to use the weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Yes I would. My country is worth more than my life and I would fight anyone who intrudes upon my home, no matter how the odds were stacked against me. And because most Americans feel that way, we can never be conquered. Wiped off the face of the earth, maybe, but never conquered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comment fail. I currently live in Canada & have spent a few years in the USA. Trust me. It's very different.
    wait r u agreeing with me or disagreeing.

kinda rude no?
    what happend this week happens in europe to.
    I'm from belgium, we have sicker sh*t then that.
    What was rude? Pointing out fact?

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 11:13 PM ----------

wait r u agreeing with me or disagreeing.
    I thought you were implying that it's not really like that in the US. I was stating, yes it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought you were implying that it's not really like that in the US. I was stating, yes it is.
    like in the movies? the movies make it seem like its aaaalllll the time. its really not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odyseas View Post
    It costs about 3k atm and after 2012 it will cost about 9k
    Is that converted?

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    pretty much this. I was always taught growing up, not by my family, but by the media, my peers, etc, that if something doesn't go your way, use force and violence.

A friend went to south Korea not too long ago and a young person cut off a bus driver. The bus driver ran him down grabbed him by the shoulder and said something along the lines of "I am an elder, resepect me," the kid got on his knees apologized and they walked away. That's not how it would happen here. In america someone cuts you off, "GOD DAMN PIece of SHIT!" followed by chasing, swearing cuzzing, throwing stuff, violence. Where is the respect? I am not an advocate of respecting elders, i'm an advocate of respecting anyone.
    I have been living in America for 20yrs (New York city, Kansas City, Minneapolis) never had anyone swear at me on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Humans are not inherently violent... its all about upbringing...
    This sounds like a Sigmund Freud quote

All we ask is why the fck guns are so important in ur country.
    All i hear is crap like Guns dont kill ppl or a knife is the same..
    Seriues what a fcked up mindset. i'm leaving this thread cause i cant
    get no answer to my questions rather then bullsht.
    i really would have know the truth and not childish excuses.
    Btw 5 year olds with ak's on gunpracitce? if u agree with that.......

Btw: i'm not trying to offend anyone with this post.
    If it is not your country, there is no reason for you to bother with such things?

Yeah i do understand ur point, but i'm not really focusing on what happend this week.
    i talk about the general aspect of the law. i saw a docu where 5year old girls
    go's shooting practice with a pink AK57.... do u agree with this?
    This is a serieus question! i really would like to know what ur opinions are on the age
    people can do gunpractice.
    That is not normal, nor do I agree with letting a child that young handle a firearm. I think they should be taught at a young age to understand what they are if guns happen to be present in the home (hopefully in a secure gun safe). I have no qualms at letting a younger person (lets say around 10 or 12) go to a shooting range and shoot a .22 caliber rifle, I did it around age 12 with Boy Scouts as well as 12 gauge shotguns. I have actually seen stories of children protecting their home and siblings by using their parents shotgun or rifle that they were shown how to use. I think it all has to do with gun education which is severely lacking in a lot of households. People who are never exposed to guns are either afraid of them or are very curious and that is when accidents happen.

A college student in my state died a year or two ago when he came back from hunting with his black powder rifle and as he did not bag a deer he chose to store the firearm in its loaded state. The only other option with black powder rifles is to discharge the weapon to unload it, both are methods of storage are accepted as modern black powder is highly stable. That night there was a party at his house/apartment and his drunk roommate (who obviously knew nothing of gun ownership) barged in the guys room and found the weapon in the closet. As a joke he pointed it at the owner's chest and pulled the trigger which fired the gun and instantly killed the guy. Ignorance kills.

Can we all agree on "Blame the media?"

Keep it short & sweet.
    How about some personal responsibility for once.
    "Blame it on the media" is as ridiculous as blaming it on the guns.

When "the media" is so blatantly obvious with ratings chasing and agenda driven stories, why are YOU the human being not able to step back and think things through for yourself?

You picked out the kid who was always lying in school and stopped believing him, why can't you do that as an adult?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Its an attitude that i keep sensing that somehow Americans are barbarians or something because we choose to defend ourselves.
    Somehow most other civilized nations manage it without selling guns to anyone. I'm getting an impression that gun is a fetish of american culture, a symbol of safety against the outer world, a symbol of rights. It's like the constitution gives you the power over other people's lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    aldo i think thats verry brave,
    I think in some way we all have
    that mindset. i dont think USA is
    the strongest out there =).
    i also dont see u shooting at bombs =D
    Whos military is stronger than the U.S.? China is getting there, but their might is mainly due to the numbers they have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy