Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Can I assume this was in a guild group? Or that the RNG-gods love you?
    Congratulations none the less.
    Reading these fora it can seem that heroics are extremely hard, when in fact they aren't all that hard. They have much improved over WotLK heroics, but with a more or less decent group, they're okay.
    It was indeed a full random pug

"Do not panic"
    That's one of the most important thing with heals, especially in heroics and raids.
    You don't want to panic, spam your big heals, and end up killing your mana pool.

Deleted
    I salute players who have the willpower to play a support role all the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    This actually makes me feel sorta hopeful about my inevitable return to healing. I've gone boomkin since cataclysm because I wanted something easier while the obligatory and inevitable post-xpac tweaks ran their course. I really need to just suck it up and get back to it. Thanks for letting us (chicken turds like me!) know that it's not going to be as bad as it seems.

Heroics are hard to heal when everyone in your group has the bare minimum of equipment. With over 4 weeks into this expansion, this isn't the case often anymore, so you're in luck you didn't start healing heroics within the first two weeks. It was REALLY challenging, especially before the priest buffs.
    It gets noticeably easier with every piece of better gear that you, your tank or the DPS gets.
    It starts becoming very easy, almost boring yet again, when you have a group full of 346+ gear. Which is becoming more and more standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations! I also ran my first heroic recently (on Saturday). It was Throne of Tides. Most of our wipes were caused by positioning issues and not moving out of things. However, on the gauntlet...all I can say is thank goodness for amazing druids. I died twice on that gauntlet, but the feral druid was able to pop Tranq and take care of the rest of the healing near the end.

I can't wait for the next run, because that was really fun.
    This passion is a plagiarism.

Quote Originally Posted by Elria View Post
    p.s your probably one of those who think they are hardcore cause they wipe for 4 hrs on a boss, it doesn't make u hardcore to slam your head against a wall repeatedly it makes u bad.
    Both his stance and his post makes it clear - he needs an epic helmet in RL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    Both his stance and his post makes it clear - he needs an epic helmet in RL.
    rofl

I was in a situation where we were stuck on a boss. Same group of people for two hours until we finally downed him. I can't recall ever having more fun for reasons that Elria probably can't understand. No one was getting upset, people were actually coming up with new things to try and helpfully suggesting to each other things that they noticed they were doing that they should do more or less of outside of "lol don't stand in that baddie". We didn't have an unreal expectation that we should just be able to go in there and one shot everything just because we had the gear for it. It took some work and we all felt great when we finally completed the encounter, for me that's the fun I get out of this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been taking my resto druid through content now. And I will tell you it can be rough out there depending what you get. Sometimes it's not that bad, but more often than not the LFD monster isn't kind.

Healing heroics is made out to be a lot harder than it is. People will blame you for mistakes, but just recognize that they probably aren't your mistakes. Read up a bit and find out what spells are best to use (meaning what is efficient and what should only be used in emergencies). I get blamed by tanks occasionally and I simply tell them that healing has changed and you need to learn how to tank for real, not how to get carried by free icc gear. I tend to win these arguments, tanks try to votekick me, the dps lol and we votekick him. End o story.

Healing is now everybody's responsibility, and while saying things like "click the lolwell" and "please interrupt that, it makes healing a whole lot easier" may help, it's ultimately up to the other 4 members to make the instance possible to heal. I hopped into probably 8 heroics the day my priest hit 85. I had the experience from my main so that obviously helped, but my gear was something like 323 ilvl equipped (and cheesed to 329 with pvp gear and some tailored bits that i made for skill ups on my main). I never once had mana troubles that day. I tend to have fairly good luck with my pugs, but that's really what it comes down to: Is your group good enough?

It's not your responsibility to keep everybody alive. I let dps die all the time if I can't spare the mana to heal 80% of their hp every 15 seconds. I've killed quite a few bosses with nothing but me and a tank alive and me sitting at a steady endless 20% mana because now I'm healing people who are doing it correctly (and only two of us! ).

All in all, don't be afraid to heal heroics. Some fights are harder than others, but if your group doesn't ride the short bus they are all very easy to heal if you are a knowledgable priest.

The exact opposite happened to me -- as soon as my gear was 329, the LFG decided to automatically put me into heroics every time I rezoned. I went to Grim Batol and was like, "At least this isn't a heroic." We wiped on the first pull because the tank didn't use CC and I had no idea the tank would be 2 shot by the mobs. We regrouped and I used my big heals to keep her and everyone else up. The rest of the mobs were a struggle with my mana -- I still didn't have my spell rotation down at this point which is why I thought I was queued for regulars. After we downed the first boss, and immediately wiped on the second, I was in a serious state of depression. I couldn't figure out why I was struggling so much.

I politely excused myself and wished them luck as I left the group and ported out. It wasn't until I tried to requeue as spriest dps that I realized I was queued in a heroic. *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    Healing is now everybody's responsibility, and while saying things like "click the lolwell" and "please interrupt that, it makes healing a whole lot easier" may help, it's ultimately up to the other 4 members to make the instance possible to heal. I hopped into probably 8 heroics the day my priest hit 85. I had the experience from my main so that obviously helped, but my gear was something like 323 ilvl equipped (and cheesed to 329 with pvp gear and some tailored bits that i made for skill ups on my main). I never once had mana troubles that day. I tend to have fairly good luck with my pugs, but that's really what it comes down to: Is your group good enough?
    this x 1000.

It all basically boils down to avoiding the avoidable. While having great gear is advantageous, it's having 4 people that know how to avoid unecessary damage that makes healing heroics easy.