Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Don't be so stupid, don't double post.
    Paragon fanboi, did i hurt you

User was infracted for this post. Don't Troll. ~ Fuzzzie
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-01-20 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galeos View Post
    Paragon fanboi, did i hurt you
    I'm sorry what? If I tell you not to double park are you gonna call me a Jesus freak or something?
    /boggle

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    I'm sorry what? If I tell you not to double park are you gonna call me a Jesus freak or something?
    /boggle
    Your avatar seems appropriate here.

Although all the repeated conspiracy theories of trivializing things with roots/solar beam/cyclones/typhoons or whatever, take note a lot of them are feral.
    It's due to a specific class-per-class buff mechanic that massively over-buffs rip during the encounter.
    There, mystery solved.

Barkskin, root, tranquility, nature's grasp, innervate.

basic core druid skills available to all specs. just change them into talents deep in the correct trees and voila problem solved.

Glyphed roots for instant CC on adds and innervate for healers are great ways to reduce damage and keep heals flowing, but i believe mainly tranquility rotations every 10% of nefs HP is most likely why they chose so many druids. Raid healing is very intense for this fight.

Quoting from offical wow forums:
    5 people get MC'd at a time and are able to stack up a buff to make your next ability do 2250% more damage during the fight. The buff is only supposed to work on your next ability but Rip circumvents that and makes it so each tick ticks for 500k+.

The extra tranqs were an added bonus and anyone thinking that they were there to CC adds is delusional considering how incredibly tight the enrage timer is. Sure, a cyclone or a root can help in a pinch, but the main reason they were brought was to take advantage of Feral bleeds (mainly Rip) doing a ton of extra damage.

You get "MC'd" and walk towards a portal. You have 2 abilities to use, 1 stacks a buff on yourself up to 150 stacks that increases the damage of your next ability and the second ability breaks the MC. If you reach the portal while MC'd, you die instantly. The point is to stack it up as high as possible and then break the MC and your next ability does a lot of damage, except every tick of Rip gains the benefit from the buff meaning instead of one ability hitting for 500k+, you get 7 or 8 ticks of Rip doing that much.

The MC: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=79318
    The buff: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=80626 (stacks to 150, hitting the ability stacks it 8-9 at a time).

The MC occurs in P1 and all of P3. I'm sure you can begin to understand why they would stack druids (Rip) now that I've outlined it.
    Makes sense now? With 11 druids, the average would be 2 druids MC'd everytime it happens, equalling 8M+ dmg each MC.

sounds like an exploitation, but oh well its not the first time world firsts have happened this way

Quote Originally Posted by Damosapien View Post
    sounds like an exploitation, but oh well its not the first time world firsts have happened this way
    Care to elaborate?

They could have stacked xx class with xx ability if that xx ability did the same amount of damage.

Nerf ferals :>

I don't care if it's an exploit. I can't wait to stack Serpent Sting to a bazillion percent and then roll it for the rest of the fight. At 2250%, a single serpent sting crit would be over 90 thousand damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bak00777 View Post
    its almost unBEARable
    i lold >-<

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I don't care if it's an exploit. I can't wait to stack Serpent Sting to a bazillion percent and then roll it for the rest of the fight. At 2250%, a single serpent sting crit would be over 90 thousand damage.
    2250% is 22.5 times current damage. Your serpent sting hits for 400k?

Edit: Nvm, that was a fast edit lol.

It's not an exploit, they stacked a class that could make the encounter easier. Obviously the average raiding guild won't have 11 geared feral druids, so stop stressing it and just give them their credit...they bashed their heads against this encounter for an entire day. They deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slambient View Post
    It's not an exploit, they stacked a class that could make the encounter easier. Obviously the average raiding guild won't have 11 geared feral druids, so stop stressing it and just give them their credit...they bashed their heads against this encounter for an entire day. They deserve it.
    eh

one day doesn't really seem enough.

Paragon is under the impression that Blizzard designed some bosses for stacking specific classes, to me this is saying, we couldn't figure out how to do it with the set up we usually have that diverse so we took the easy way out. It's just that simple, if you look at the picture again you'll see just about every class there was most likely a ranged one.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    2250% is 22.5 times current damage. Your serpent sting hits for 400k?

Edit: Nvm, that was a fast edit lol.
    Yeah, I realized my mistake quick. :P

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 01:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    Paragon is under the impression that Blizzard designed some bosses for stacking specific classes, to me this is saying, we couldn't figure out how to do it with the set up we usually have that diverse so we took the easy way out. It's just that simple, if you look at the picture again you'll see just about every class there was most likely a ranged one.
    Every single druid was a feral druid for insane Rip ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    eh

one day doesn't really seem enough.
    1 day for paragon probably equals upwards of 80 wipes. Possibly 100+.

Considering how they 2 shot heroic sindragosa and something like 4 shot heroic putricide (not including the alt raid attempts) it's pretty hard. They wiped something like 180 times on heroic lich king, and that's probably the hardest boss blizzard has ever implemented (at their gear level and 0% buff at the time).

10+ Year Old Account
    It all depends on whether or not it is intended that all Rip ticks get the damage increase or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffyduck View Post
    Don't stress too much, it's probably http://www.wowhead.com/spell=80269
    how many people are gonna say this until people realize ur wrong? Paragon themselves said they had to stack druids to get the kill, so why does everyone keep saying its illusion potions? read the article and then comment more intelligently, or go to the website and realize that all those druids got the achievement for the kill..ITS NOT ILLUSUION POTIONS, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    [/COLOR]
    Every single druid was a feral druid for insane Rip ticks.
    Confirmation?
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.