Thread: Zin'Rokh

Zin'Rokh

Hey guys.

Im curious on if there is something that my brother has missed. Im starting to worry tbh since his started to get really mad at trying to get the sword and its like he is starting to lose all interest in this game. He have spend so much played time, that I had to start help him farm for it and we have made more than 400(most of em at 525 skill) Troll solves and just got commons everytime.
    Was archology made for players to spend days behind a computer in order to get the piece your after?
    Ive heard that the chance is 3% on each solve beyond 450 to get it which means he should have got about 10 of em already, are we missing something?

Deleted
    Yeah, archaeology is designed to be a gigantic time-eater :P

JUst really unlucky sadly. I've also done my fair share of troll solves and nothign for me either. But lately I just figured i'd do 1-3 a day and call it after since it's damn random and I wont get burned out.

400 solves seems quite high. Then again it's all an RNG fest. Got my night elf trinket after 170 solves and even I got totally mad at the end. 400 solves I would have gone insane.

Deleted
    well, RNG is RNG.

i got mine in patch 4.1 after 7th solve in troll archeology at 525skill.

probly one and only item i'm going to transmogrify into...if only there will be any high end raid sword available.

Deleted
    People do hundreds of solves without getting it, it's not unique.

Anyway isn't this thing obsolete for some time now?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Hey guys.

Im curious on if there is something that my brother has missed. Im starting to worry tbh since his started to get really mad at trying to get the sword and its like he is starting to lose all interest in this game. He have spend so much played time, that I had to start help him farm for it and we have made more than 400(most of em at 525 skill) Troll solves and just got commons everytime.
    Was archology made for players to spend days behind a computer in order to get the piece your after?
    Ive heard that the chance is 3% on each solve beyond 450 to get it which means he should have got about 10 of em already, are we missing something?
    Ive seen people go with over 2000 troll solves without finding zin'rokh

---------- Post added 2011-11-28 at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    People do hundreds of solves without getting it, it's not unique.

Anyway isn't this thing obsolete for some time now?
    Yes it is, however its great for new toons.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes, this is actually completely normal for archaeology with the ultra-rares (the lvl 85 gear.) if hes trying to get just zin'rokh, i suggest only doing eastern kingdoms and buying tons of keystones... the sooner you finish one project, the sooner you could be popping your new sword! the most recent rare ive gotten was actually zin'rokh, and i was just over 300 solves for troll before it popped. you want some sad numbers? here goes...
    [13:20:02]Total artifacts
    [13:20:02]Dwarf: 252
    [13:20:02]Draenei: 14
    [13:20:02]Fossil: 371
    [13:20:02]Night Elf: 422
    [13:20:02]Nerubian: 17
    [13:20:02]Orc: 21
    [13:20:02]Tol'vir: 430
    [13:20:02]Troll: 310
    [13:20:02]Vrykul: 39

still missing two tolvir artifacts (1h sword, staff), dwarf staff, and fossil shield.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Yes it is, however its great for new toons.
    I don't know I mean wouldn't new toons be much better with those BoE weapons they added in 4.2?... They don't cost much to make and most importantly don't cost any time.

Isnt it a unique model that cant be obtained otherwise? If thats the case I can understand farming arch for it.

Can you transmog this weapon? If so then farming it is totally worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    I don't know I mean wouldn't new toons be much better with those BoE weapons they added in 4.2?... They don't cost much to make and most importantly don't cost any time.
    It's actually worse than zin'rokh because of its speed and tends to go for 12K+ on my server so it's bis until you start raiding, that should probably change come 4.3 though so unless you're after it for the model then i'd just hold out and run the new heroics or lfr a couple times

Deleted
    First off, way to necro a thread.

Second, for those that read the OP:
    No and yes.

No, Archaeology was not implemented to make us waste time ingame, hunting for a specific item. It was implemented to give us something to do that also have us a shot at getting some more lore revealed. To make it interesting for the 99% of the players that doesn't give a damn about lore, they made it possible to get some more or less useful stuff. But the key focus in Archaeology is the lore. THAT is your reward, not the epics.

Yes, you are indeed missing something. 3% chance to get something means 3% of every solve. Not a cumulative effect. You can, in theory, solve from now and until the servers shut down and never get anything but grey items. You can also, in theory, get an epic every single solve. As the saying goes, RNG is RNG. Also, the 3% after 425 is a rumour. It has never been confirmed by Blizzard.

Third:
    Can you transmog this weapon? If so then farming it is totally worth it.
    It has stats on it, so I don't see why it couldn't be used for that. However, two things you need to consider: 1, farming for it is pointless, due to above mentioned RNG. It's not the same as farming a dungeon for that specific piece of gear that drops from that particular boss. And 2, the transmog effect ends if you mail it to an alt. It doesn't matter if ZR is target or source, mailing a mogged item will revert the change.

3% on each solve.
    That means if you roll a 100 sided dice (theoretically), it would have to land on 1, 2, or 3 in order to solve it.
    NOT
    If you roll a dice 100 times you'll get 3.
    It's entirely possible to roll 300,000 times and not get the desired results, though it's highly improbable.

Good luck on the search, I stopped with Archeology back in 4.0.6, I can't stand to travel so much for a few attempts at whatever.

it took me like 65-70 troll artifacts created to get the sword, do it on Eastern Kingdoms, is more easier to get trolls digsites and be patient
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter