@Gherkin - Simcraft Troubleshooting

With Gherkin's permission, I'm starting a SimCraft Troubleshooting thread. I haven't been able to get it to run on my PC, and it looks like I'm not the only one in this boat.

Here's the details on my issue:
    I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.
    I download the Win32 installer (not seeing a Win64 version so I'm assuming this is what I should use), and unzip to a folder on my desktop.
    When I run simcqt.exe, nothing happens, and I see no additional processes in my task manager.
    The really strange part is that every time I attempt to run simcqt.exe, the exe file disappears from the directory. I have to re-extract this exe every time I want to attempt to run it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression Win32 didn't work on 64 systems. I'll check when I get back home, unless someone gets to it first.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

15+ Year Old Account
    Try again with the latest install (4.0.3 Build 21). I've got a few reports of issues between Build 12 and 20 that have been resolved, so I need to make sure that isn't the cause.

Do you have a malicious antivirus that is quarantining the file? This would be my first guess, as self-deletion is very very rare.

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 08:54 AM ----------

I run nothing but 64 bit and have never had a problem.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Try again with the latest install (4.0.3 Build 21). I've got a few reports of issues between Build 12 and 20 that have been resolved, so I need to make sure that isn't the cause.

Do you have a malicious antivirus that is quarantining the file? This would be my first guess, as self-deletion is very very rare.

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 08:54 AM ----------

I run nothing but 64 bit and have never had a problem.
    I just downloaded the latest build about 10 minutes ago.

I will check my antivirus software though. That seems like a likely cause.

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 11:02 AM ----------

Yep, turns out Norton was blocking it (strangely enough, without telling me anything). I'm a little embarassed that I didn't think of this myself since I'm a PC Tech by day :S

Thanks Gherkin!

15+ Year Old Account
    No worries. I used to be a PC Tech myself until I transferred to programming. I would have much less hair had I stayed.
    It's amazing how stuff I can fix as a programmer never gets reported, but useless crap I can't always is.

R.I.P. YARG