Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What happend to more loot in 25 man?

Pre-Cata Blizzard said that you would get more loot per player in 25 man than in 10 man. What happend to this?

In 10 man you get:
    70 valors / person.
    2 items.

In 25 man you get:
    90 Valors / person
    5 items.

You do get 20 more valors from each boss, but that really aint a huge deal. But there's one item for each group in both 10 and 25 man. So what happend to this?
    Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Upptagen; 2011-01-11 at 04:17 PM.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

It was more loot per boss i think, not per player.

The loot per player ratio is the same, that was the intended goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathaios View Post
    For a brief time it was said their would be 6 per boss for 25. But later that was rescinded.

And, no, I don't feel like finding the blue posts for it, sorry.

5 items is imo more then enuff.. we often end up De'ing stuff or giving for offspec cause since the drops are RNG... I mean at one point we had 2 of the same loot drop twice.. like 2 Mail spell power legs and 2 Cloth Haste legs.. just seems like a waste..

one cud argue that with 7 drops theres a bigger chance of getting different items, and well, yeah sure there is, but still also same change for more of the same...

the real answer to ur question however, can be found in how many drops did 25 mans have in Wotlk?? afaik it was 3? and if it was idd 3 then blizz kept their promise of upping drops for 25 man in cata...

Quote Originally Posted by Mathaios View Post
    It wasn't. Cause of course you get more loot per boss, you've always gotten. Else you would gear up much easier in 10 man. It was per player.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Same number of items per head, more valor points. That was the latest announcement and that is exactly what you said. So i don't see any problems or discrepancies here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, 5 > 2, i think?
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen View Post
    Pre-Cata Blizzard said that you would get more loot per player in 25 man than in 10 man.
    Didn't they do just that? Added more drops for cata 25-mans? I don't recall seeing 5 drops a boss in ICC25 or anywhere else in WoTLK

i dont really know , kinda confused why theres no difference between 10 man gear and 25 man gear, ive seen more people geared running 10 than us , running 25 man .. i dont get it and kinda beats the reason of run 25 man. feeling like 25 man should be obsolete and join the massive legion of lazy sheeps running 10 man only.

It wasn't. Cause of course you get more loot per boss, you've always gotten. Else you would gear up much easier in 10 man. It was per player.
    Where are you getting your facts that 10 mans are any easier? In fact 10 mans could be viewed as harder because if one person messes up in a 10 man that's 10% of your raid down as opposed to if 1 person messes up in a 25 man thats only 4% of you raid down. so on and so forth.

to the OP: 5 items per boss is very generous. Back in LK and BC in 25 you got tops 3 items off bosses. and in 10's sometimes only 1 drop if i remember right.

They said they wanned to give people an incentive to raid 25 over 10, however 10s should be able to get the same loot. As someone mentioned they promised 6. I havn't done any 25 mans yet, so i would not know, but if anyone has a SS or a blue it would probably kill the thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Deleted
    Pre-Cata Blizzard said that you would get more loot per player in 25 man than in 10 man. What happend to this?

In 10 man you get:
    70 valors / person.
    2 items.

In 25 man you get:
    90 Valors / person
    5 items.

You do get 20 more valors from each boss, but that really aint a huge deal. But there's one item for each group in both 10 and 25 man. So what happend to this?
    Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    What happened to doing what you enjoy?

I cannot believe people are still questioning this.

Blizzard has said multiple times (sorry I don't have the posts not wasting my time feel free to look it up before making a thread about it though) that the ratio of loot is the same, but you get more loot. Both have a 1:5 ratio of drops, although the 25 man has the advantage of more Valor points.

Its also important to loot because more things drop they are more DIFFERENT things (Although I believe you can have the same loot drop twice, its more likely to get more unique). You are more likely to have the drop you want drop in 25 man rather then 10 man.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetrofi View Post
    As someone mentioned they promised 6. I havn't done any 25 mans yet, so i would not know
    Blizzard never promises anything. They also have never said that they would offer 6.
    Last edited by btlyger; 2011-01-11 at 04:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    5 items is imo more then enuff.. we often end up De'ing stuff or giving for offspec cause since the drops are RNG... I mean at one point we had 2 of the same loot drop twice.. like 2 Mail spell power legs and 2 Cloth Haste legs.. just seems like a waste..

one cud argue that with 7 drops theres a bigger chance of getting different items, and well, yeah sure there is, but still also same change for more of the same...

the real answer to ur question however, can be found in how many drops did 25 mans have in Wotlk?? afaik it was 3? and if it was idd 3 then blizz kept their promise of upping drops for 25 man in cata...
    I agree on this. Or no-one needs and item and it gets greeded, or no-one wants it and eventually the loot master ends up DE'ing it and selling it. 5 items a boss in 25 man is enough in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Hmm, 5 > 2, i think?
    It's actually the same. 1 items per 5 people. You of course have a higher chance of your item dropping in 25 man as the same item can only drop twice, meaning in 25 man you're guaranteed 3 unique items. In 10 man you're at risk of the 2 items being the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirhark View Post
    Where are you getting your facts that 10 mans are any easier? In fact 10 mans could be viewed as harder because if one person messes up in a 10 man that's 10% of your raid down as opposed to if 1 person messes up in a 25 man thats only 4% of you raid down. so on and so forth.
    I think he or she meant that if you get the same number of items per raid regardless of wether in 10 or 25 man mode, you would gear up faster as a guild by running two or three 10 man teams rather than one 25 man one.

Quote Originally Posted by chocho View Post
    i dont really know , kinda confused why theres no difference between 10 man gear and 25 man gear, ive seen more people geared running 10 than us , running 25 man .. i dont get it and kinda beats the reason of run 25 man. feeling like 25 man should be obsolete and join the massive legion of lazy sheeps running 10 man only.
    It is my opinion, but I think Blizzard wants 10-man raiding to be the norm, and 25-man raiding only still exists to satisfy those who prefer larger groups or are members of 25-man raiding guilds and Blizzard does not want to break up those guilds.

That being said, I don't think raiding 10-man is any lazier or takes any less personal skill than running 25-mans. The job of raid leader is more difficult for 25-mans, to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by cybermind View Post
    The loot per player ratio is the same, that was the intended goal.
    wrong. the intended goal WAS to give out more loot (per player) in 25s than in 10s to have one reason (more) to do 25s. because obviously it's much harder to form and manage a 25 man raid than it is to manage a 10 man raid. it was planned as a small reward for guilds to take on the much more administration work a 25 man raid requires.

i honestly do not know why they did not implement it as such. even 6 drops per boss in a 25 man would be a good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashtanerada View Post
    It's actually the same. 1 items per 5 people. You of course have a higher chance of your item dropping in 25 man as the same item can only drop twice, meaning in 25 man you're guaranteed 3 unique items. In 10 man you're at risk of the 2 items being the same.
    I think the only people who really benefit from 25-man raids (from a gear perspective) are tanks. You usually run with the same amount of tanks for both 10-mans and 25-mans, so they will likely gear up faster in 25-mans.