Thread: Rip Nerf

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rip Nerf

So the said rake and rip are getting 10% nerf, looking at last note rake got 10% nerf, while rip got this?

Rip now scales from 16.56/33.12/49.68/66.42% of Attack Power, down from 18.4/36.8/55.2/73.6/92%.

This is not 10% nerf. This is 30% scaling nerf, even if right now rip might get 10% total damage nerf, it will be alot more ina few tiers.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do not know anything about mathematics, but maybe there is ALSO a tooltipp or sth involved?

And from my pov: ferals are too strong, I can live with that. ^^

They missed the 5 CP version of it, something like 82%, its really not that big of a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl View Post
    They missed the 5 CP version of it, something like 82%, its really not that big of a nerf.
    Ty yes then it is still 10% nerf like it is suppose to be.

Deleted
    .. And they buffed shred. Looks to me, like they want our damage to be dealt in a way, more similar to WoTLK where shred was higher than rake/rip.. I read this as a PvP move, where right now ferals are pretty fucking OP due the fact our bleeds cant be dispelled and arent avoidable once applied - shred however, needs more skill to "apply". IF we end up doing the same damage as before with these changes, it's a big buff to ferals PvE DPS.

Why?
    Because we will be able to swap targets much faster (not relying as much on a 5 CPs rip, but more on shred which doesnt require anything but mangle). Also, it means more burst. Woo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneglzilla View Post
    . IF we end up doing the same damage as before with these changes, it's a big buff to ferals PvE DPS.

Why?
    Because we will be able to swap targets much faster (not relying as much on a 5 CPs rip, but more on shred which doesnt require anything but mangle). Also, it means more burst. Woo!
    Only time DPS matters in PvE is when we cant switch targets cause there is only the one boss.

We will do less damage while waiting for energy to regenerate.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Not a buff to feral pve, just a shift in damage for pvp because people who don't wear resilience gear get wrecked.

It is not a nerf, but it sounds like a slow transition in how ferals work. I wouldn't be surprised if future changes to feral shift out of bleeds and back into direct damage.

Buff to shred, nerf to rake/rip..
    Someone, i think it was yawning, did some early calculations on the us forums, and the total dmg done are about the same, so for most ferals out there, nothing is really going to happen in general..
    Even most values are about the same.. We just got better burst but worse dps when off target (in cc or some boss mechanic)

Quote Originally Posted by Turaz View Post
    Not a buff to feral pve, just a shift in damage for pvp because people who don't wear resilience gear get wrecked
    I hope you realize that buffing shred will make us wreck low resil targets even harder?

Deleted
    just wait for berserker+trinket+shred shred shred shred shred shred+dead clothy+profit

Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl View Post
    .................phew!

originally had me sh*tting a brick

It's probably just something they forgot to add, why nerf the 1-4 combopoints but not the 5th? I think it's a typo and they forgot to add it. After all, it's quite a messy sentence.

I'mma miss my instant roots

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like they reverted to the old phrasing, unless I'm overlooking something.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    • Mangle (Cat Form) weapon damage percent (at level 80+) has been increased to 460%, up from 360%.
    • Rake damage has been reduced by 10%.
    • Rip damage has been reduced by 10%.
    • Shred weapon damage percent (at level 80+) has been increased to 450%, up from 350%.
    Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2011384

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Only time DPS matters in PvE is when we cant switch targets cause there is only the one boss.

We will do less damage while waiting for energy to regenerate.

Lol whut?

DPS on Putricide adds didnt matter?
    DPS on LDW adds didnt matter?
    DPS on Valkyrs didnt matter?
    DPS on Beasts didnt matter? (togc)
    DPS on Jaraxxus adds didnt matter?
    DPS on other-valkyr-when-shielded didnt matter?

... i could honestly come up with millions more but I've to leave work now! I still read this as a buff, we may not do more dps but we'll be able to change our target much faster and do more important dps!

Quote Originally Posted by Sneglzilla View Post
    Lol whut?

DPS on Putricide adds didnt matter?
    DPS on LDW adds didnt matter?
    DPS on Valkyrs didnt matter?
    DPS on Beasts didnt matter? (togc)
    DPS on Jaraxxus adds didnt matter?
    DPS on other-valkyr-when-shielded didnt matter?

... i could honestly come up with millions more but I've to leave work now! I still read this as a buff, we may not do more dps but we'll be able to change our target much faster and do more important dps!
    No, no you can't, (technically speaking of course.) But generally speaking, this change should make target switching more forgiving, whilst raising the skill cap for Ferals in PVP slightly.

I will burn your soul.

15+ Year Old Account
    not sure if target swapping gets a benefit from it.

like on aoe situations it was often better to magle & rake all of them while now we probel want to use swipe more often witch means our aoe damage is even lower ;P

so looking at pve fights whit loads of little aoe adds we will be waeker probely.

but soemthnig we should not forget here is the future, while we progress tru raid content bosses will get stronger and also require more hit. but probely also have higher armor witch screws shred over
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    not sure if target swapping gets a benefit from it.

like on aoe situations it was often better to magle & rake all of them while now we probel want to use swipe more often witch means our aoe damage is even lower ;P

so looking at pve fights whit loads of little aoe adds we will be waeker probely.

but soemthnig we should not forget here is the future, while we progress tru raid content bosses will get stronger and also require more hit. but probely also have higher armor witch screws shred over
    I think more proper adds really there are plenty other classes better suited to handling the "small aoe" mobs.

But substantial mobs yeh this will be abit more forgiving and leaving ur main target.

Which nerf are you mourning?

So do you want to keep facerolling ppl in PvP?

Nice, way to go. Druid the no skill class.

Grow up and take it like a man. You guys are doing more than fine, try playing a warrior without max gear or a ret paladin in Kalgan era.

Cats are rolling ppl on bgs like butter in bread.

Being OP is bad, druid population is growing like rabbits.