Poll: Are heroics in need of nerfing?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do you think heroics are in need of nerf?

Now that the patch notes confirmed a slight heroic nerf do you agree with it?
    I personally think that it will take away from the feeling of accomplishment once it gets too easy..

Although newb, newbie, noob, and n00b all have similar definitions, there are key differences amongst them. A newb or newbie is a new user who has an understandable lack of experience; a noob or n00b, on the other hand, is an unskilled player who is not a newbie and should know better

its pathetic, heroics are already easy as hell as most people know tactics and have 346+ gear
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

For those who thought TLR, tough, read it.

i think heroics we're fine just the way they were....
    the only reason their hard right now is because we're in greens and blues, wotlk heroics are the same at 80, wait till we're all in deathwing raid epics, everyone will QQ about having to do stupidly easy heroics..

im actually quite angry that blizzard has once again, made this already fairly easy game even more-so.. i mean sure, we're wiping on trash in heroics and occasionally just cant get past a certain boss here and there but big deal! its a FRIKKEN LEARNING CURVE! if someone doesnt CC something right or the tanks not doing this or the healers not doing that, someone will almost always realise exactly whats going on and if ur that person, EXPLAIN TO THEM what their doing wrong, so that next time, they have a better understanding and a more success chance on whatever their doing next time!

I think blizzards playing into their old habits of wotlk and i hope it stops here and now on entry level heroics.
    cataclysms difficulty is almost perfect, it makes sense that 3 expansions in players are having to put some effort in to get some epics and especially tier, i mean.. how is it fair that stuff we were doing at lvl 60 was HARDER than what we're doing at lvl 85?

although i blamed blizzard above, i directly hold the community responsible. We're the ones QQing about it, and complaining, and making a RIDICULOUS amount of threads on every forum related to wow that its no wonder any more that this game gets dumbed down all the time.

how bout, next time "you" (not meaning OP) you have a problem with a game mechanic, or a skill being nerfed, or something being too hard.. BECOME A BETTER PLAYER AND LEARN TO ADAPT!

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    its pathetic, heroics are already easy as hell as most people know tactics and have 346+ gear
    This.

And are easy even with iLev less than 346 : P

Deleted
    There's no option for me: No, they should be made harder. Some heroics are good, like grim batol. Others needs to be a lot more challangeing, especially Lost City and Halls of Origination.

Deleted
    I disagree with the nerfs entirely. The heroics were balanced almost perfectly, as they provided a challenge while still being doable at earlier gear levels. Now, in 346+ gear, they're easy but not facerollable; there was sufficient difficulty to actually provide some entertainment. Luckily this nerf doesn't seem TOO major, but doesn't seem justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroics are fine as they are, but nobody can say they didn't see this coming..

Deleted
    Maybe a few nerfs and buff here and there but else im pretty positive with the difficulty.

I didn't expect them to decide on nerfing heroics just right after an annoucement from Blizzard saying that heroics were fine as they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the difficulty they were at. I've had a total of 6 groups fail in all the heroics I've done and that's it. The heroics were challenging, but you just had to give it some thought to complete it.
    I fail to see why they thought the heroics needed to be nerfed when they'll get significantly easier anyway once the next tier of raiding is out and then all the people complaining they're hard can do heroics as much as they want, whereas when they're new is the only time the people who don't want to just walk through them can actually have fun with them.

Deleted
    Most seem to think Altarius is the end of the world (2nd boss, Vortex Pinnacle) - Indeed he was hard when you entered it for the first time but the second time you enter the dungeon, it should be trivial and you know how to counter his damage.

Sometimes they are a litte unforgiving for some group compositions. I mean you cant balance around a group using CC while having Classes which absolutly lousy CC like DKs and Warriors.

Other than that i now sit on a ilvl 347 toon and already they are getting lame again. You outgear them far to fast. So further nerfing them because some people cant find their interrupt button? Or cant runaway from shatter because they turn with the keyboard? etc etc

Just NO.

Quote Originally Posted by 93sika View Post
    Most seem to think Altarius is the end of the world (2nd boss, Vortex Pinnacle) - Indeed he was hard when you entered it for the first time but the second time you enter the dungeon, it should be trivial and you know how to counter his damage.
    when i entered there 1st time i soloed it as prot pally after other noobs were standing in the fire
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Why do people think Altairus is hard? Stand upwind, sidestep extremely slow moving tornados, don't stand near the target of the frost breath. Win.

Deleted
    i think they was fine a littel hard but notthing we coulent take down with a bit of work they was only to hard when ppl dont know what to do or just didnt do what they was needed to do i did mostly run with guild and with skilled players they was no problems atall but it was just all the players with a limit of time who had problems they didnt have time to cc and take mb when healer was low and then a run did take 2 houres i say do not nurf them

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    tbh all the fights are pretty boring I really enjoyed the challenge the majority of Shadowfang Keep presented players. Hall of Origin had some good encounters(albeit lengthy for 1 dungeon). But for the most part, even with half a brain working(due to incompetence or friendly mind altering substances), dungeons were not that hard. Even the raid content(normal) feels a bit dull until you pass up Magmaw/TheraValiona.

I feel like a lot of the raid content is where it should be, and I guess for general player base dungeons are fine. But the dungeons don't really seem any more challenging than wotlk bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Why do people think Altairus is hard? Stand upwind, sidestep extremely slow moving tornados, don't stand near the target of the frost breath. Win.
    I guess because getting in one tornado can throw you in another and so on which may kill you or throw you of the edge (and kill you) even if you stand on the other side of the plattform. And sometimes a tornado hits you... For example once, I pulled the boss, tornado spawn right on me throws me into the next and off the edge... Bossfight was over after 10 seconds^^

they just ruined most of them. removing mend flesh (SFK). without it the fight was pretty much a tank and spank - boring.

we've had cata for quite some time now. people should of geared up enough to do this level of heroics. if the tank has 120k hp I think he needs to spend some more time working towards a few upgrades outside of HC's. Get those exalted rewards, join a guild and do some 10 mans, craft some goodies. don't moan because you've put no work in that the content is too hard.

If you are overgearing the heroics or if your play skill is beating them easy, start raiding and stop QQ-ing about yesterday's content. Heroics were "the shit" for the last month maybe (only for the 1st week for faster progression guilds) but now you have 12 raid bosses to kill, plus heroic modes.

Read GC's wall of text and you'll understand the small nerfs. Strong players have passed the heroics dungeon phase, now the RAIDS are the main concern and will be so until the end of the expansion.

I only run the HC's for the valor points. I got my gear, I even replaced some with raid gear, I got JP capped for both MS and OS, I don't care about anything else about HC's (except achievements maybe, for the mount).

Bottom line: are you good and geared? Approach raiding and don't QQ about heroics difficulty.

I'll wait and see exactly how the "nerf'd" HC's actually play before making judgement. I'm happy with them as is, but I'm sure our lesser geared Resto Druid won't mind a few tweaks here and there.