Frame Rate & DPS?

I was curious if low frame rate has an effect on DPS?

In 5 mans with fire I can get up to 20k on multi-trash pulls (LB + Impact) while maintaining around 14-15k on single target boss encounters.

Though when I get into my guilds 25 man I'm always about 3-5k below the top DPS.

The big difference I can see between 5 and 25 man is that I take an FPS drop at the start of a fight and anytime there are intense graphics on screen. Could this be the cause of a lower dps in raid encounters?

10+ Year Old Account
    lag and framerate lag can cause you to miss your GCD's and theoretically lower your DPS, yes. But also, fire mages are a bit underpowered at the moment so I'm not terribly surprised that you'd be below top dps; 3-5k does seem like a lot though (depends on encounter also).

yes of course it can affect dps, and i noticed it much more in 25 man than 10 last night (duh). One thing you can do to help is cut out unnecessary addons. I know recount alone will prob give a 10 fps increase in 25s mans. Try disabling ones you dont need and see if that helps.

Deleted
    FPS can certainly have an impact on your DPS. If you are experiencing problems with your FPS I would recommend that you either do A: lower your graphic settings untill you can retain a stable 30fps in bossfights or B: get yourself some new RAM and a videocard.

5 man has a different hit cap than 25 man - are you swapping gear around to make sure you are hit capped for raiding? If you aren't hit capped, then that would be the difference. If you are hit capped, but you have to swap gear to get there, that could also be the difference.

EDIT - throwing that out there because 3-5k seems like a lot just for FPS differences

Quote Originally Posted by Sollis View Post
    5 man has a different hit cap than 25 man - are you swapping gear around to make sure you are hit capped for raiding? If you aren't hit capped, then that would be the difference. If you are hit capped, but you have to swap gear to get there, that could also be the difference.
    Thanks for the input.

I'm currently sitting at 16.9% hit.

You guys are probably right - drop in FPS probably explains a 500-1k difference. The other 4k could be from not saving cool downs and not working the mechanics to my advantage.