Deep Freeze and Diminishing return

(PVE instance) i was wondering whats up with the diminishing return on deep freeze. the tool tip says frozen for 5 seconds and on most cases i get about 4 seconds (and that cool) but there are times when i get 1.5 seconds of a frozen target >> not sure if thats intended or not, cant click a Frostfire proc (or 2 ice lances which i know r getting buffed) and land on the target b4 the frozen target reverts to its normal state with only 1.5 << frozen targets r my time of fun

It diminishes with tank stuns as well.
    This means it's basically a waste of a GCD on anything that is not stun immune.

Do note however, that for PvE purposes only, a DR induced stun immunity will cause DF to deal damage. So if you notice a mob gets stunned to hell and back by your group and you think it's immune to stuns, you can zap it hard with DF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It diminishes with tank stuns as well.
    This means it's basically a waste of a GCD on anything that is not stun immune.
    This is so wrong 4 seconds of stun is 4 seconds of icelances acting like FOF is up = clear dps increase on non immune mobs

Not mentioning it interupts spells and other, non spell abilities, as well as reducing incoming tank damage. Waste of a GCD? Definitely not.

its a waste if its taken even one stun before you DF, the dr on it seems stupid for pve
    coz then you only have time for 1 mebbe 2 lances if ur lucky
    ofc full duration with lance spam is good for deeps, but it is a waste for anything shorter than that

Quote Originally Posted by zackkaufen View Post
    This is so wrong 4 seconds of stun is 4 seconds of icelances acting like FOF is up = clear dps increase on non immune mobs

Not mentioning it interupts spells and other, non spell abilities, as well as reducing incoming tank damage. Waste of a GCD? Definitely not.
    Unless you have a tank that hates stuns (and I've seen very few of these) you have to pop it basically on the pull to get a full four seconds, although if you do manage I would reccomend Frostbolt + 2x Ice Lance instead of spamming Ice Lance because this will do more damage.
    I also don't believe that diminishing returns immunity to deal damage instead of a stun works on PvE mobs, the tooltip clearly says it only works on permanently immune mobs.

I also don't believe that diminishing returns immunity to deal damage instead of a stun works on PvE mobs, the tooltip clearly says it only works on permanently immune mobs.
    The tooltip is simplified, any mob immune to stun for any reason will take damage from DF.