How do Paladin healers stack up next to shamans?

My only healer class at 85 is a Shaman which I recently tried healing on due to a need in the guild. I realized I actually like healing more than I ever imagined I would (probably since its just something different after a half decade of playing this game). However, dropping totems for whatever reason just bugs the hell out of me, I don't like shamans because of the totems. I also feel like more than once, I've been left out of a 10 man as a healer because a Paladin healer was available.

My Paladin is only lvl 40 so I need to be really sure about replacing the shaman with the paladin since it'll take a while to lvl it up. I also have a priest at lvl 65, but for whatever reason, priest's were boring for me in WOTLK in both healing and shadow dps. So I guess I can use this same thread to ask about priests for shadow dps and healing changes in cata. DO you guys think it would be a worthy time investment to lvl up the pally or priest for healer instead of continuing to gear a shaman that may or may not be good long term for healing?

Shamans are awesome... and will be even better after they get buffed slightly in the next patch.
    Pally healers are also nice though of course
    The only healing class that's a little gimped right now is priests, and they're getting some buffs in the next patch as well.

I was leveling up a shaman too but stopped at like 74... I also don't like having to manage totems all the time lol... kind of a pain.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    HPaladins are generally considered better than RShamans, if not equal in most instances so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
    Healing classes have been more or less homogenised so you'll always have a cheap heal, a big heal and a quick heal.

The rest is just flare, imo.