Deleted

2H Frost DK prio

Hi, in pvp what is a frost DK's prio list?

i am 2h frost and cant find a thread here AJ or on EJ either >_<

and what about disease's do i use a PS to put blood plague on and do i keep it on as frost?
    Last edited by mmoc55372315f4; 2011-01-13 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tittattotem View Post
    Hi, in pvp what is a frost DK's prio list?

i am 2h frost and cant find a thread here AJ or on EJ either >_<

and what about disease's do i use a PS to put blood plague on and do i keep it on as frost?
    I found the thread on EJ. What do I win?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    I found the thread on EJ. What do I win?
    for PvP i cant find it, only cata PvE

Deleted
    You could have mentioned you wanted it for PvP...

Deleted
    read first post again clearly says pvp

Deleted
    Dang, you're right. I'm sorry, carry on

Deleted
    Im ok with frost spell its obv, but do i spend blood runes on?

Deleted
    Priority lists and rotations don't have a place in PvP; the situation is always far too fluid to follow a strict routine.

That said, against high armour targets, healers and shamans you don't use Obl; you use HB/NS. The only targets where Obl is definitely best are the mage and demo/destro warlocks. Not against afflocks as they have so much self healing, or against a transformed demo.

Hunters you won't be using Obl, you won't spend much time near him so use HB and NS when you can. Rogues, HB has a better chance to hit the target so stick with that; Obl repeatedly missing or getting dodged/parried is incredibly frustrating. Same with ferals, especially if the buff to their armour talent makes it live.

rDruid you should use Obl on, as for priests I'm not too sure. In game they currently die if you look at them cross eyed, so it doesn't really matter. Once they've recieved their buffs we'll be able to make a decision, depends how much armour they have from Inner Fire.

As for Blood Plague, if you're going against a lock or mage then yes, apply it. Use PS or Outbreak; don't forget that you may want to keep Outbreak as another way to apply chillblains or keep that UH rune for Obl/NS, up to you.

Basically, if you think you're going to be using Obl then apply it, if not don't and use that rune for an NS instead. In summary, most cases have HB/NS as better than Obl.

Don't sit on HB against mages if you're being kited all over the place, only try to have an Obl ready when you make it near them (Blood Tap if necesary).

Edit: After the patch, with the large NS nerf, Obl may become better. We'll have to wait and see. If it does then it effectively kills Frost PvP, which is a shame. Frost relies on killing something quickly, it doesn't have the utility or survivability to do well in a prolonged fight.

Edit 2: Use Blood Runes on Blood Strike....
    Last edited by mmocb9abc53c35; 2011-01-13 at 08:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always use outbreak for diseases unless its on CD. A lot of the pve aspects apply to pvp. The major difference between 2H and DW being more dumping RP on FSs.

Any min/max guy will surely say that BP needs to be up at all times, but with 2H doing mostly FS and HBs the damage boost only really matters for OB. Seeing as you will most likely be spending unholy runes on NS, OB is available less and less. I try to only use OB for KM procs or if my runes are off CD somehow(ERW).

An actual priority list is kind of sketchy.
    - try to keep diseases up, but do not sacrifice a NS to reapply BP
    - keep NS up on just about any class that heals or is getting healed(which is about all nowadays)
    - Use OB on KM procs
    - Dump RP with FS
    - Use BS if you have a blood rune sitting idle
    - Blast all over the place

Of course there is more and I am not a pro, but this works great for me as general guidelines.

As mentioned above me, it is better to attack each class differently according to their vulnerabilities. OB is less effective on plate and bears, but they did close the armor gap a good bit. Save outbreak when fighting rogues for after they CoS and use it to reapply diseases. Try to use HC as often as possible because it is just a 1 minute CD.
    Last edited by Roose; 2011-01-13 at 08:42 PM.