Frost/Unholy question

When I started my DK, back in the day, I leveled as Unholy and really enjoyed playing it. I switched to Frost DW when it became the dps spec of choice. I have been reading about both Unholy & Frost spec/dps in Cata, and it seems that Unholy is once again viable. I think I have the specs, playstyle, important stats, etc. understood, except where weapons are concerned. What type of weapon should I look for (speed, MH v OH values, 2H instead of DW).

This is my armory link.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sdemise/simple
    Are my weapons viable for DW Unholy? Based off my gear, should I forget about going DW Unholy and wait for a specific type of weapon for 2H Unholy spec?

I appreciate any constructive criticisms/suggestions you guys could offer.

Unholy was always viable :P Wrath and Cataclysm.

DW Unholy is going away, don't get attached.

DW Frost uses 2.6 speed weapons (or 2.8 if you do heroic deadmines for the cookie's tenderizer). 2h just uses slow 2h weapons, which are generally all you'll come across.

Forget about getting dw weapons for unholy, and just get a 2h weapon. Unholy is getting nerfed next patch, so it may not be as OP as it used to be, fyi :P

When was DW frost ever the best dps spec? I mean, there was a few weeks in Naxx but thats about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Frost was amazing for about half a season with the sigil that bosted FS to stupid levels, and we could three shot anyone.

With the above-mentioned nerf to unholy, would it be worth re-speccing into unholy or stay dw frost. Is the nerf going to kill unholy or just bring it down to more of an average level.

Unholy and Frost DPS were both used extensively in Wrath, Unholy had higher average DPS numbers on long fights, but not so much higher that made people playing Frost look bad by comparison. DW Frost owned in Heroics, whereas Unholy sucked horribly because of it's high ramp-up time to get the high DPS numbers and heroics in Wrath lasted maybe 20 minutes with each fight, bosses included lasting less than a minute up to maybe 2.

In any case, DW Unholy is dead, it's being optimized to favor only 2H, so just pick the one that hits the hardest. DW Frost uses Strength one-handers...which coincidentally will be slow (2.6+) you might get one faster on occasion, but rarely as all classes that want one handed STR weapons want them to be slow and hit hard (Warriors, Paladin tanks, and DK's) and the Paladin honestly really doesn't care about the DPS on it as long as it has defensive stats. but, I digress...

The nerf to Unholy is similar to the nerf they are doing to Survival Hunters, it's not going to kill the spec, but it will be dropping their DPS to numbers that are more comparable to the other DPS specs.

TL;DR -> DW Frost wants slow STR geared weapons, DW Unholy is dead, 2H Frost and Unholy want the weapon that hits the hardest and is geared for STR.

I wouldn't get hung up on weapon choice while leveling.

At 85 there are no fast strength one handed weapons, nor are there any fast 2h weapons. Once you hit heroic/raid gear weapon speed is pretty normalized to 3.6/2.6. Slower is always better but in many cases slower doesn't exist. (yeah, there's a 3.8 speed 2h, and a 2.8 speed 1h, they'd be best from a pure weapon damage standpoint. Both are blues and not raid drops)

Quote Originally Posted by Taidaisher View Post
    When I started my DK, back in the day, I leveled as Unholy and really enjoyed playing it. I switched to Frost DW when it became the dps spec of choice. I have been reading about both Unholy & Frost spec/dps in Cata, and it seems that Unholy is once again viable. I think I have the specs, playstyle, important stats, etc. understood, except where weapons are concerned. What type of weapon should I look for (speed, MH v OH values, 2H instead of DW).

This is my armory link.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sdemise/simple
    Are my weapons viable for DW Unholy? Based off my gear, should I forget about going DW Unholy and wait for a specific type of weapon for 2H Unholy spec?

I appreciate any constructive criticisms/suggestions you guys could offer.
    UH DW is nerfed with next patch.