Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Heroic Maloriak 10 vs 25

So, after attempting this last night on 10 man, I think blizzard had a serious oversight, as they seem to be doing with 10 man's and making them substantially harder on 10 then 25.

The reason this particular encounter is harder (much) on 10 man then 25 is that on 10 man heroic the Abberations have 1.8 MILLION health compared to 25 man heroic which only has 2.5 million.

To put this in perspective, you have 15 seconds of the green vail doing 100% increased damage, so essentially on 10 man you need to pump out 900k regular damage in 15 seconds.

We have world ranked DPS in my guild, we are not even getting close to 50% on these adds. Like 60~ sometimes 40 if our DK rapes.

But back to what I was saying, bringing 5 DPS that's 1,800,000 divided by 5 which = 360000, divided by 15 (15 seconds) = 24000 DPS per person on EVERY add, this isn't single target burst, this is AoE burst of 24,000 per add. So if you had 9 adds (standard) that would mean each person would be pulling 216,000 DPS. See the problem?

Now compare that to 25 man. They have on average 16 DPS, so that's 2,500,000 divided by 16 which = 156,250, divided by 15(seconds) = 10,416 DPS per person on every add, x 9 adds = 93k DPS, which is much more in line with burst AoE DPS.

Now I for one am tired of 10 mans getting the shaft by blizzard, we DONT get a tier token from heroic halfus like 25 (meaning there's no heroic tier upgrades for us), we had to use a DPS tank on chimerean just to get it down and now this ridiculous amount of DPS needed in order to do a certain mechanic in a fight.

This obviously means we're going to try and kite it next time we go in there, but the fact that we have to do an encounter the "unintended" way to kill it (which seems to be the norm on 10 heroic) is getting really old. Tune it really well, but don't make us bring 3 tanks to 10 man on fights like halfus, or make a DPS tank and taunt, or make our DPS do 216,000 DPS per person over 15 seconds. Come on Blizz.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dps on maloriak doesn't really matter because the enrage timer is so long that you'll most likely never hit it. Find a way to make them get lower before green phase and you won't have issues at all.

I totally agree that the numbers on 10 man should be tuned down abit. Also raidstacking in 10 man isn't a good design.

I don't want hcs to be easy but imo the step up from normal to hc is too steep and caters to something like 0,1 percent of all raiding guilds. Especially 10 man is almost impossible to progress on hc.

I'd say normals should allow for lack of some vital buffs while hcs should be tuned to require all major raidbuffs and an avarage of 359 ilvl with a little higher req on endbosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    Dps on maloriak doesn't really matter because the enrage timer is so long that you'll most likely never hit it. Find a way to make them get lower before green phase and you won't have issues at all.
    Is this a troll post? You realize each add makes the surrounding add take 20% less damage right? So we'd be doing 40% of our dps to the adds which would take forever to kill.

Please try to think before you post. I laid out data for you and you say "DPS doesn't matter", When you have people who set top 10 records on every fight on world of logs and you're not even getting the adds to 50% something is wrong.

Once again, from your post it sounds like you never even did the fight. Please refrain from posting without using your head. Thank you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look at my sig if you want to discredit me. Or the guild I am in. The point is, it's beatable without ae'ing them straight from 100% to 0 in 15 seconds. Just think about it.

I'll copy paste my own post from official forums about Maloriak 10 HC:

"We were doing it tonight as well. Aberrations on 10 man HC have 1.79 million health and on 25 man HC they have 2.5 mil. That's less than 30% difference when compared to 25 man you have 200-250% less dps. How is it possible to have such a glaring oversight? Can we have blue post on this? I know it is possible to do it by just kiting them (altough REALLY hard when you need to take care of 2 additional adds) in last phase with some snare rotation. But on every 25 man heroic video aberrations get killed pretty easily and it makes encounter pretty managable.
    I am not qquing about 10 man hard modes being so much harder. Just want to know where did this aberration HP difference came from. Thanks."

That has nothing to do with enrage timer, how are you suppose to deal with adds in P2, kite all 18 of them + deal with 2 big adds when you need to deal with aoe and boss enrage looming?

Look at my sig if you want to discredit me. Or the guild I am in. The point is, it's beatable without ae'ing them straight from 100% to 0 in 15 seconds. Just think about it.
    Which again brings me back to my main point. I am tired of doing encounters as they are not intended just to get a kill in 10 man. Kiting at the end seems easier then spreading them out and getting em to 50% every time IMO. Both ways aren't really intended either.

---------- Post added 2011-01-14 at 03:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Radalek View Post
    I'll copy paste my own post from official forums about Maloriak 10 HC:

"We were doing it tonight as well. Aberrations on 10 man HC have 1.79 million health and on 25 man HC they have 2.5 mil. That's less than 30% difference when compared to 25 man you have 200-250% less dps. How is it possible to have such a glaring oversight? Can we have blue post on this? I know it is possible to do it by just kiting them (altough REALLY hard when you need to take care of 2 additional adds) in last phase with some snare rotation. But on every 25 man heroic video aberrations get killed pretty easily and it makes encounter pretty managable.
    I am not qquing about 10 man hard modes being so much harder. Just want to know where did this aberration HP difference came from. Thanks."

That has nothing to do with enrage timer, how are you suppose to deal with adds in P2, kite all 18 of them + deal with 2 big adds when you need to deal with aoe and boss enrage looming?
    yeah it's literally a 30% increase when 25 man has 315% more DPS. Fair.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    We didn't kite them to kill him. We still managed to kill all of them before the end, as well. If anything, I will agree that needing a large amount of ae is rather ridiculous, but it's by no means impossible to beat without using super cheesy tactics. Didn't have more than 1 fire mage and demo lock either.
    Last edited by MAGAmobile; 2011-01-14 at 03:14 AM.

We didn't kite them to kill him. We still managed to kill all of them before the end, as well. If anything, I will agree that needing a large amount of ae is rather ridiculous, but it's by no means impossible to beat without using super cheesy tactics. Didn't have more than 1 fire mage and demo lock either.
    But you implied that you dps'd them down before the green phase meaning you probably split them up so they take full damage say with a plate dps tanking which is still cheesy. You yourself said you didn't burn them down all in the green phase lol.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to give you a play by play on how we did it. Just think about it, and it's pretty doable actually. We didn't split them either.

I like how blizz killed aoe healing/dps, then threw in shit tons of aoe boss damage and boss adds that need aoe nuking.

It's not that we can't manage it. It's just....stupid?

He didn't imply that at all. If you watch any videos on this, you will see people taking hp off them prior to the green phase. Regardless if they take less damage due to the buff.

What he was explaining was that you are not required to burn them from 100%-0% in the green phase alone. The Enrage timer is huge, you have plenty of time to do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    All signs point to pask needing a demo lock named kush..

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    All signs point to pask needing a demo lock named kush..
    Hai flash!

15+ Year Old Account
    Coming from someone currently on Halfus 10 Heroic I can only agree that right now 10ms are stupidly tuned in comparison to 25m's, require absurd amounts of stacking also.

Deleted
    tbh i said that, however recently i've found that doing halfus with 2 tanks and 3 healers is perfectly viable it just requires some outside of the box thinking

I agree on other encounters, especially conclave of wind -_-

Deleted
    Lol. The enrage timer is short on maloriak. Now, i havent done the Heroic version, but my guilds dps is really good and we get enrage-kill on maloriak every time.

Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    Lol. The enrage timer is short on maloriak. Now, i havent done the Heroic version, but my guilds dps is really good and we get enrage-kill on maloriak every time.
    It's 10 minute on hard mode, 6 minutes on normal.

It is like 15min or something on 25m. Just throwing it out there.
    Last edited by Jinto; 2011-01-14 at 04:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    stack demo locks