The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

What should I know before tanking Baradin Hold?

For the trash mobs, is there anything I need to know?
    Also, when tanking Argaloth, I should have the other tank on focus right?

15+ Year Old Account
    First tank charges in, gets agro, has mob face the raid. Damage is spread.

When the first tank gets the debuff, second tank taunts and the first tank stands behind the mob doing damage but not pulling.

Argaloth: What does your UI use? I use the standard Blizzard frames for raiding and it clearly shows when a group has the debuff. Or you can just taunt after you see him do the massive cast animation.

15+ Year Old Account
    The trash mobs have a frontal cone attack called Demon Repllent Ray, so you want to stack up when killing those.

As for Argaloth, you will be split up in 2 groups because of his ability Meteor Slash. Because of the +100% damage taken debuff you get from it, tanks must taunt off each other after every time he does it.

Edit: Ah yeah, as Ultima said, I forgot about Arcane Amplifier. I've never noticed that ability since I'm just healing it
    Last edited by Killaim; 2011-01-19 at 06:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a healer too

It's necessary to tell PuG tanks why they die!

Nothing to it really. The adds do split damage, make sure everyone knows they need to stand INFRONT of it. They also apply a debuff to the tank that increases arcane damage taken. The only arcane damage is the split damage attack, so if it's you with that debuff you may want to use a short cooldown on the next demon repellent ray, or duck behind the boss.

The biggest thing for Argaloth is the raid is split into 2 groups, one on either side of him, 1 tank each. He will use meteor slash on one tank and the other tank taunts, as meteor slash applies a debuff. There are several ways to tell when to taunt. DBM will tell you, you can focus the other tank, you can watch your raid frames to see when the other group takes a large amount of damage/gets a debuff. Personally I watch for the Meteor Slash cast bar.

At 33% and 66% he channels fel firestorm, which is just a "the sky is raining fire, don't stand in it". It's fairly important for DPS to keep DPSing in this phase as much as possible, but as a tank you don't really have to worry too much, just make sure you are back in position somewhat quickly.

The biggest issue I personally run into with Argaloth is actually threat. That is to say, I have too much of it... If I don't watch omen closely, I sometimes pull after the other tank has taunted if I'm not careful. Badly timed, this can mean a second meteor slash on your group, a second stack of the debuff, and probably a wipe.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok thank you all, this helps!

15+ Year Old Account
    As the poster said above me, WATCH YOUR THREAT. I have seen many PuGs fail repeatedly because the two tanks end up fighting over aggro either intentionally or unintentionally and eventually one group ends up taking multiple Meteor Slashes.

1) When doing the initial pull, if you are the second tank don't hit him for about 5 seconds. Let the first tank establish his threat lead.
    2) When he is casting Meteor Slash, DO NOT TAUNT UNTIL THE CAST ACTUALLY FINISHES. He will change targets (and direction) mid-cast instead of after the cast is finished. As soon as you see the giant green Cleave animation, mash your taunt button.
    3) When the other tank taunts off you, STOP ATTACKING. You will likely have a full stack of Vengeance whereas the other tank's stack has degraded. If you keep going you will pull aggro back. Use this time to do a quick bandage to save some healer mana.
    4) When he is doing Fel Firestorm, run around avoiding the fire, and ensure that everyone's avoiding the spot where you tank him. You don't want someone kiting fire there. Be ready at that spot when the Firestorm ends.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    It's really easy. Stay on one side, your group stacked on you. Taunt of other tank after meteor smash. When fire starts raining, run around constantly while watching out for fire. Get back to your stack when rain ends.

This boss is mostly hard for the healers, there's constant unavoidable raid damage and there's a debuff which has to be dispelled constantly. The firerain is actually good for healers though if the group is decent since there's almost zero need to heal during it, letting us get some mana back.