Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    We started by releasing Nether Scion and Storm Rider at the same time and have our pally tank them both while another tanked Halfus with a shaman on the interrupts.
    Burned down scion with heroism and rider after. Then released whelps and burned down pretty quick. Worked out well and got a oneshot not bad in our 2nd week in the place.
    tanks- pally - pally
    healers- holy priest, holy priest, pally
    dps - muti rogue, frost dk, retri, fire mage, ele shaman.

We had this setup last night and it took us 1 try.
    We tanked the boss next to the cage and pulled the storm rider immediatly after. the whelps got pulled as well.
    Tactic was nuking the stormrider down and aoe the adds, but we ended up killing the whelps before the storm rider was down. after it was dead we all ran to the nether scion killed that one and killed the boss.

Setup:
    Tanks: Paladin, Paladin.
    Melee DPS: Frost DK, Fury Warrior, Ass. Rogue
    Ranged DPS: Ele Shaman, Fire Mage.
    Healers: Paladin, Paladin, Druid
    Last edited by Jyuken; 2011-01-14 at 11:01 AM. Reason: classes

We just dealt with this by popping the whelps and the Storm Rider right away, then pretty much AOE'd everything down with whatever splash and whatnot we had in our setup. We kept an interrupter on Halfus to interrupt Shadow Nova while everyone else was focusing on the Whelps/Storm Rider. Pop BL/Heroism/TW as soon as you've popped out the whelps and the Storm Rider. Once the whelps and the Storm Rider's down the fight's a breeze.

Good luck!

Deleted
    We did it like this, one shot
    Raid setup:

Warrior tank (pretty much 359 geared, some 346 items) and a Paladin alt tank (333/346)
    2x Resto Shaman 1x Resto Druid (Not the best setup, but meh)
    Survival Hunter (me) with an avg dps of 20k on most bosses (27k for halfus, but that makes sense)
    Enhancement Shaman for interrupts on the boss (20k dps or so)
    Shadow priest with pretty low dps (10k~ish)
    Demonology warlock to burn down the whelps asap
    Assasin Rogue (also very high dps (25k on halfus)

We started off with the Storm Rider, killing it pretty fast whiteout Time Warp. After that we freed the whelps to avoid aoe damage, and got them down in about 5-10 seconds with insane demonology aoe. (we tanked them close to Halfus so he would suffer from the AoE aswell). After that we killed the Nether Scion , and popped TW when it was on 20%. We then had 2 minutes for the enrage timer, and killed him with 40 seconds left.

Note that our dps is pretty awesome, so it might not work out for you to kill the nether scion. If your tanks outgear your dps, you are better off to just let it be and nuke Halfus.

Regards

Shameless promotion post of my video for my guild, but we got the exact same setup last wedneday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWo66xKMuAM

Perhaps it helps.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

We did this yesterday. Had Storm rider, whelps and scion. We released whelps and Storm rider as soon as possible, ranged nuked the rider down, released Nether scion, popped BL and burned him down as well. After the drakes are dead it's so easy. Killed him with 1 minute to the enrage or something.

Whelps & Stormrider at the same time. Interrupt the Shadow Nova's, BL to help with healing and getting those two down asap. Both tanks will take heavy damage at the start, but the raid will likely eat one Shadow Nova as well so healers need to be on the ball initially, after that it gets easier. So pretty much everyone wants to pop their CDs whilst Stormrider and Whelps are up.

Deleted
    We did it pretty easy on first attempt. Druid tank took Halfus, I (prot warr)'ve taken Nether+Whelps at start. After 5s of gaining aggro I was sure I wont loose any mob we pop BL and burn drake with ocasionaly AoE hits to whelps. Meantime Vigilance from dudu gives me huge bonus to damage, so whelps tanked by me, with TC, SW and Cleave spam died almost same time as Nether. As soon as nether was downed we burned 2nd drake, then Halfus. Our priest healer died at start of fight, but we still managed to score Halfus on 1st attempt.

Easy encounter.

had this combi last week, use hero and tank cds as long as all 3 dragons are out. the fight is getting easyier over time.

one tank (dk) takes halfus+ the scion, (both instant released) a rogue spent 100 % of the fight on halfus to interrupt shadownova together with the tank.
    i took the storm rider , after i had some threat on it, i released welps. (10-15 secs after pull) hero + burst on the stormrider, if hes down i taunted the scion, whelps died over the time due to thunderclap / death n decay / random firemage ae. the 2. big dragon went down , halfus was at 54 %, 3 or 4 low welps still alive, than phase 2 came, make sure to have a mage blink / interrupt shadownova after the stuns. enrage timer was 2 minute left.