Deleted

Leveling a frost death knight

Well as the title says im thinking about lvling a DK as frost but i have a question ...

I got the 2 BoA items (chest and shoulders) and are wondering about the BoA weapons can be used aka 2x Venerable Mass of McGowan or is it simple better using weapons i find while leveling with strength??

Appreciate some help

While leveling I'd just go with the BoA Arcanite Reaper. You won't get enough expertise while leveling to make dual wielding worth using; it'll just be miss miss miss dodge dodge dodge parry parry parry.

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    While leveling I'd just go with the BoA Arcanite Reaper. You won't get enough expertise while leveling to make dual wielding worth using; it'll just be miss miss miss dodge dodge dodge parry parry parry.
    I leveled perfectly fine while dual wielding, even getting 5 or 6 expertise at those low lvls helps alot. Venerable Mass of McGowan won't help much, seeing as how its an agility weapon, aka useless to us. So yea, out of all the BoA weapons, the Bloodied Arcanite Reaper would be best, but you'd have to use a 2H spec. (unless I missed another weapon)

If you roll dwarf/human you can level as dual-wield, you have more expertise while wielding maces, and make sure to get some gems into that outland gear with sockets. There is also a lot of +expertise gear in Northrend too
    ''See me rise, the mighty Surt Destroyer of the universe. Bringer of flames and endless hurt. Scorcher of men and earth!''

Deleted
    have double checked and there wasnt any other weapons with strength sadly enough

oh well gonna try starting out with the normal quest weapons on my DK duel wield and if not i ahve the arcanite reaper from when i lvled a paladin

Thx for the reply both of you

Cheers !

Go with 2H frost, just as good as DW until you reach 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Go with the 2x1h agi mace.... there is absolutly no problem with it.
    Unless you manage to get, pretty much at all stages of the leveling, the top of that ilvl 1h str weapon twice, the other is better due to the scalling, and the fact it saves you the hassle of looking for weapons/praying the rng Gods.

Don't listen to rockallnite about the agi weapons, he has no clue (yes, str weapons are better, no, agi ones aren't "useless", specially while leveling, a little more crit/dodge is always good to get , and the BoA will probably be better 90% of the time that whatever you can get your hands on (oh and there is still no 1h str in all the Outland/Northrend leveling either, so your choice is between BoA agi and quest rewards/drops agi )).

Now, going the 2h way is probably a best choice, you'll miss less (the white damage is quite important while leveling, and you'll miss a lot with dw), same with parry/dodge due to lack of expertise.
    But it's really a question of choice, both are viable (but if i were you i would level as blood, far better imho, and faster).

I've been using the 2 BoA 1h maces on my DK as Frost and its worked out wonderfully so far. I don't miss or get parried/dodged often even with no expertise but I kill things super fast.

I would use a Str 1h BoA weapon, but since there isn't one...

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpoof View Post
    Go with 2H frost, just as good as DW until you reach 85
    ^ What he said. You can always respec and DW later.
    Buz - 85 Worgen Mage - Durotan - US
    Shruikan - 85 Draenei Death Knight - Durotan - US
    Airemis - 85 Night Elf Druid - Whisperwind - US
    Kelesa - 85 Night Elf Priest - Durotan - US

Deleted
    Yeah, i find Forst better than Unholy in everything, but it might just be skill /flex :P

Unless there's a change I missed along the way, the BOA weapons can't be enchanted with your typical runeforging. For me, this was reason enough NOT to use the bloodied arcanite reaper. It's your call, but I level through dungeons a lot and I really like the fact that we can tank AND top meters, and the runeforging makes this much easier. But, to the topic of the thread, frost 2H with the BOA is probably a little better than DW with 2x mass of mcgown.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    Unless there's a change I missed along the way, the BOA weapons can't be enchanted with your typical runeforging. For me, this was reason enough NOT to use the bloodied arcanite reaper. It's your call, but I level through dungeons a lot and I really like the fact that we can tank AND top meters, and the runeforging makes this much easier. But, to the topic of the thread, frost 2H with the BOA is probably a little better than DW with 2x mass of mcgown.
    They can be enchanted with runes now, but the rune gets wiped when you send it to another character.

EDIT: For the "pics or it didn't happen" crowd.

Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2011-01-14 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    Actually, they can.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We have made no secret that we haven't happy with the paladin gameplay on live (Source)

you're still better off as 2H frost because 2H frost plays in unholy presence and then you have the speed increase. And most of your damage will be frost strike as well and since you can save up more runic power its a win win situation!

Deleted
    ok have read though the replys now and im gonna think about what im going to do (probably gonna be 2x1 hand mace mostly because im not in a hurry while lvling so gonna take what im gonan enjoy)

Thx for the helpfull information all of you
    Last edited by mmoc035049edff; 2011-01-14 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your maces are just fine. Who cares about max stats when leveling. All that matters is the weapon damage and it will make BoAs better than anything you get until cata areas.

Expertise, meh. We are talking leveling not raiding. Even if they dodge, who cares? It is a quest mob. Just blow them up next swing.

I leveled with Arcanite Reaper because it was too badass to refuse, but either DW or 2H is just fine.

A big question is what level your DK is. If you are talking about from 55 up, frost is not as attractive because you will not be able to get HB until like 69. HB is a good part of why frost kicks ass. Imo, the best way to go from 55-69 is as blood. Heart strike rocks and you will have 0 down time. It does pretty much require a 2h though.

Any way you go will work just fine, really. Although I found unholy to be the least fun by a good margin.