Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by frejborg View Post
    That's a fine little section you quoted me on, but obviously you did are the one who didn't all of my post. I have read all others. How blind are you? Chakra does urge the player to use certain spells and fill certain roles for the duration, to perform optimally. I dislike this. End of story. You can say all you want that Chakra doesn't disable Greater Heal or any other spell, but you're not really responding to my point at all by saying that.
    The whole idea of a holy priest is that we can fulfil different roles decently depending on the needs of the raid at that time. However, it would be far too much for us to be able to do everything like that without any form of sacrifice. As it stands, we're in a pretty damned good place right now, because the only thing we miss out on when committing to a chakra is the bonuses of the other chakra.

fg you're against chakra because it locks you into a specific set of bonuses for 30 seconds, then you're against intelligent choice, but a choice that ultimately won't break you. And if you're against intelligent choice that carries a bit of weight but not the entire status of your class, then that says a lot about you and your argument, and any further comment is futile.

but obviously you did are the one who didn't all of my post.
    Stop abusing the English language

I have read all others. How blind are you?
    I might be blind, but you seem to be deaf.

Chakra does urge the player to use certain spells and fill certain roles for the duration, to perform optimally.
    It does not "urge" you to use certain spells. It gives a bonus to using certain spells. Stop acting like 10% crit on single-target or 15% on AoE is the difference between life and death. You can still AoE heal fine in Serenity and single-target fine in Sanctuary.

This sums it up nicely:

Quote Originally Posted by gingerlemon View Post
    Chakra is a bonus, not something to make you viable.
    Last edited by Vook; 2011-01-17 at 08:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you remain competitive on the meters without using a Chakra state?

I think you need to be in a state 90% of the time to be an effective and competitive healer, however it's whether you are in the right or wrong state that decides your placing. It will not kill you to be in the wrong Chakra state, but you may regret it/ not do as well as you could have.

Part of a fight is learning when and what to heal, it's also how to heal. This is nothing new.

Deleted
    To the OP, I do feel that if they removed chakra and tweeked the spells to match, We wouldn't be thinking of how to heal. As people said if you know the fight you select the right state to be in, when the mechanics of the fight change or are about to, you switch your state. I actually think that makes you a better healer and steal keeps the Priest as the best. the one thing I do belive though is a Priest should have a form of BR. If as you said blizz say we are the any situation healer a priest BR would complete us.

Deleted
    i've opened a thread a few days ago about the priest current mechanics feeling too cluncky... then there was this rather...interesting blizzard post about the "no stances for priest".
    Chakra still feels like a tacked-on clusterMuck of states and spell modifiers / modified spells, as if too little spell choice was a priest issue...

The challenge should be in content, not bizantine class mechanics