Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ok.. WTF is going on with my dps

Hey guys.. so as they title says.. WTF is going with my DPS.. in heroics im pulling about 6k dps only..

Here are my stats atm.. please try figure out whats going on..

iLvL - 347

Spell Power - 5302
    Haste - 1256 (9.81%)
    Hit Chance - 2173 ( yea i know.. over capped.. im gonna reforge into haste)
    Crit Chance - 10.17%
    Mastery - 11.71

My rotation at the moment :

SWP - DP - VT - SF - MB (1-3 orbs) Flay Flay Flay.. Refresh Dots as soon as they are down.. DA when just refreshed VT and DP.

Thats pretty much all i can give ya.
    Please help if possible it will be much appreicated,
    Thanks so much guys

10+ Year Old Account
    5302 Spellpower? I'm only iLvl 342 and I have 6000 SP so maybe you don't have enough. Make sure you're gemming/enchanting for Int over everything else..

not much else advice I can give you.. rotation looks right but it's hard for me to judge it in writing, I'd need a video lol : P

Currently Mind Blast doesn't do much damage so don't wait for 3 orbs to cast it.. actually the only time you want to cast Mind Blast is to get your mastery buff back up.

Oh and yeah you definitely have way too much Hit. I read that it's actually a DPS loss to be hit capped; for maximum DPS your stats have to be BALANCED, so I would move the extra Hit you have into Haste and a little into Crit. Actually.. you don't even need Mastery do you? I could be wrong but I thought the 15% buff to Dots with Empowered Shadows doesn't scale with mastery
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    should i just stack intel gems? not intel - haste etc?

Armory link would be helpful

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elpalmo/simple .. but its probaly showing pvp gear to you guys

Hit me up in game next time you see me, and when I'm not busy, I'll be happy to help you

Well by looking at your gems, red sockets should be 40 int, yellow 20 int/20 haste, Blue 20 int/20 spirit. I'm sure that just by taking the 40 Int gems you should see a dps increase
    I always follow sockets if the bonus is usefull for me, but if it's hit for example, i ignore it and put in a 40 in if the socket is yellow or blue, if its red i still use the 40 in, but then i go and reforge if it brings me over the hitcap. Also, enchanting even blue gear is a good idea

Enchant all your gear!

40 int in red
    20 int 20 haste in yellow
    20 int 20 spirit in blue

Reforge all hit, spirit & mastery to haste / crit (haste > crit).
    Sup

Quote Originally Posted by Stickmenz View Post
    Enchant all your gear!

40 int in red
    20 int 20 haste in yellow
    20 int 20 spirit in blue

Reforge all hit, spirit & mastery to haste / crit (haste > crit).
    GG just writing what I typed btw.
    Also, reforging hit/spirit into haste is quite damn useless imho. Why stack haste if he's gonna end up having loads of casts miss his target ? That is just a waste of mana, wich will again restrict the dps, specially if he moves on to raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neliah View Post
    GG just writing what I typed btw.
    Also, reforging hit/spirit into haste is quite damn useless imho. Why stack haste if he's gonna end up having loads of casts miss his target ? That is just a waste of mana, wich will again restrict the dps, specially if he moves on to raids.
    he´s about 10% over the heroic hit cap, it´s good to say he should reforge some hit/spirit.
    if he wants to move on to raids he can still rereforge(uhm what^^)
    elpalmo, try grabbing the hit trinket from tol barad faction or the one from halls of origination 1st boss(on heroic as you already have the nhc one as i see)and trinkets with haste/intellect instead of static hit so you can switch them around, depending on how much you need

Quote Originally Posted by Elpalmo View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elpalmo/simple .. but its probaly showing pvp gear to you guys
    Replace your trinket and you probably wouldn't have to reforge out of hit so much.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    hit > haste > crit > mastery
    vt > swp > dp >mf (till 3 orbs) and mb
    and same gems like Neliah wrote before
    that should be correct

Quote Originally Posted by Soultech View Post
    hit > haste > crit > mastery
    vt > swp > dp >MB (1-3 orbs) > MF
    and same gems like Neliah wrote before
    that should be correct
    Fix't for you

Actually, if you check EJ, you should pop SW:P, then flay til you get an Orb, then pop MB to get Empowered Shadows up. Never cast VT or DP without Empowered Shadows up. SW:P will get the bonus when MF refreshes it, but the other 2 won't.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Actually, if you check EJ, you should pop SW:P, then flay til you get an Orb, then pop MB to get Empowered Shadows up. Never cast VT or DP without Empowered Shadows up. SW:P will get the bonus when MF refreshes it, but the other 2 won't.
    That is wrong, shadow orbs is RNG even if you put SW:P up and mind flay till you get an orb there is still a chance you won't let one proc even after 15 seconds. Making it a dps loss. The damage from VT and DP will outweigh it. Doing damge > waiting for a slight buff.

Actually, hit rating (and thus spirit) is one of the worst stat for Shadow Priests. On a very short fight, getting a string of misses will lower your DPS by quite a bit. On a longer fight, not being at the hit cap will reduce your DPS by a smaller margin, since once your DoTs are up, missing a Mind Blast or a Mind Flay has little repercussion on your DPS.

This may change with the buffed Mind Blast, but at the moment reforging hit/spirit to haste is a DPS increase.

Of course having more hit means a smoother rotation, which is convenient. You shouldn't gem for Hit unless it's a blue socket bonus worth picking up (20 intellect or 20 haste rating).

Quote Originally Posted by sp101 View Post
    Actually, hit rating (and thus spirit) is one of the worst stat for Shadow Priests. On a very short fight, getting a string of misses will lower your DPS by quite a bit. On a longer fight, not being at the hit cap will reduce your DPS by a smaller margin, since once your DoTs are up, missing a Mind Blast or a Mind Flay has little repercussion on your DPS.

This may change with the buffed Mind Blast, but at the moment reforging hit/spirit to haste is a DPS increase.

Of course having more hit means a smoother rotation, which is convenient. You shouldn't gem for Hit unless it's a blue socket bonus worth picking up (20 intellect or 20 haste rating).
    The problem with that is we start chain casting the next spell after we cast one. With quartz cast bar this becomes much easier to do. So I am already casting mind flay right after I use VT or MB or something similar. If I miss that VT and I already hit mind flay its a dps loss. Its also not a huge dps increase it is very very small and is not worth the risk of being under the hit cap.

Hmm. Not sure. I'm ilvl 354 and pulling around 12-14k in heroics. Even more with heroism.

Rotation is VT, SW:P, DP, Mind Flay to 5 stacks, Evangelism, Mind Blast as soon as 1 orb is up. Then just keep refreshing dots and using Mind Blast every cooldown. Mind Flay should be your top damage and always your filler. Also use your Shadowfiend during heroism or during a phase when the boss takes extra damage. SW glyphed is amazing under 25% and I often get 35-45k crits. My dps will jump up about 2-3k during that last 25% (get an addon to alert you when a mob hits 25%...I use msbt).

Best of luck.

I'll just hijack this thread, since i'm seeing the same problems as this guy, albeit with a little bit more dps.

Rotation is; SW:P - DP - VT - MD (If any orbs up) - MF (If i dont have any orbs, this is before MB) - Rinse and repeat when dots are expiring.

Armory is; http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rasia/advanced (I'm raid hitcapped, even tho i dont raid too much)

I can't yet have any of those reputation awards for head or for shoulders, but i'm woring on them. (Currently doing Wildhammer for the neck.)

So my question is, what can i improve? Any tips are welcome.

Deleted
    I have similar problems i think, my dps is pretty low in raids even, only around 10-12k im using the rotation in New's post, but not so much with the SW: Death.
    just a question, is it because i have some pvp gear on me? can it do so mutch of a difference?

armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/talnivarr/sithik/simple