Deleted

Talking Why is the flying limit so low over Ashenvale?

I can barely get above the trees over Ashenvale compared to most other zones where you can fly so high. It feels strange flying from Orgrimmar to Hyjal as it's only possible to fly up when very close to the cliff face.

The flying ceiling isn't any lower in Ashenvale, it's just that the trees are ridiculously tall. Un'goro is the same way.

The ceiling does vary per zone, and even within a zone so not as simple as the height above the trees.
    I have noticed a number of bugged regions too where you get the ceiling effect where a mount will struggle as if being forced downwards but still be able to go higher.
    When that happens I actually have to fly lower to achieve the full speed since that process actually slows it down.

Deleted
    The flying ceiling isn't any lower in Ashenvale, it's just that the trees are ridiculously tall. Un'goro is the same way.
    It's possible to fly way higher over Un'Goro - so high in fact that even on maximum view distance you can barely see the tree tops.

That's not possible over Ashenvale - the flying mount doesn't really want to go above the tree tops at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I've been noticing this aswell, when Surveying Kalimdor for archeaology, always when I flew in the north, my mount began to growl above Ashenvale, which is quite annoying.
    video game companies: *makes game with female/LGBT characters*

dudebros: wHAT HTe fUCK IS THSI SOCIAL ,.JUSITICE SHI.,,T,,...,.I canNOT,, BELEIVVB nnOT BYINHG...,

happens in azshara as well. like a contrast between those regions and hyjal. I guess there's that much of a heigh difference between hyjal and un' goro for example that blizz would have to render twice as much for flying mounts to have it the same everyhwere.

they should up it in those regions though, it's really annoying when flying for digsites
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    happens in azshara as well. like a contrast between those regions and hyjal. I guess there's that much of a heigh difference between hyjal and un' goro for example that blizz would have to render twice as much for flying mounts to have it the same everyhwere.

they should up it in those regions though, it's really annoying when flying for digsites
    I won't mind the height difference between Azshara and Hyjal/Wintesrping. I can just freefall my way down. (Until I get the in-combat bug and die cause of being unable to cast my flight form..)

I have noticed what I would assume to be the same in-combat bug too, where I will randomly enter combat even when nowhere near anything that would cause it, usually when doing archeology.
    It then comes and goes, persisting through zones so is most certainly not as simple as a bugged mob or something when the issue still remains half way across a continent and occuring at regular intervals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Ashenvale is very bad. Especially when you are working on archaeology, it is very annoying to fly over Ashenvale from places like Hyjal, since you will invariably get stuck and have to fly much, much lower. They need to make the ceiling for the entire continent the same, based on a specific height over the highest zone. That would make much more sense. Otherwise, I just try to avoid flying over Ashenvale as much as possible. Plus, the trees look so horrible....

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    I found it first when on the first week of cata the portal to hyjal was broken, and having to fly from org to hyjal over ashenvale wouldn't let me fly vertical until reaching the side of the mountain. Why is it I then can fly unobscured upwards, but not before?

Its like if you messure how high you can fly in all zones, take northrend, or outlands, you can fly in almost all zones high enough for the ground level to disappear. In most zones in azeroth, this applies too, but not in ashenvale.
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

10+ Year Old Account
    All Azeroth zones are this way strangely enough.

You can't even go as a high as you can in Outland or Northrend.

just random invisible walls