Shadow priest pvp help

Hi as the title says im a little confused about pvp as shadow priest here my link eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/zenedar/kimmeyboy/simple

i want to know ur exp and tips on how to pvp as a shadow priest for example which gems should i use and which rotation and so on.
    Currently i got 2 pieces of bloodthirsty (shadow) and since priests are clothies and get nuked fast im thinking about going for extra resilience, my point is to go for 2 pieces of disc set bloodthirsty to get the extra 400 resi since i dont think 5 % shorter cast time on MB and MS isnt much imo.

And what should i gem? i have no clue what to gem as a spriest in pvp for example how much resi should i have? how much hit ? crit? and so on, enchants and so on, really appreciate all the answers i get
    Thanks in advance!

4% hit (I have the hit belt and ring to get cap) and buy the spell penetration spellcaster cloak next and enchant that with spell penetration. This prevents resists.

The 4 set shadow bonus is complete crap, its not even half of a second and its value gets worse with the more haste you get. I am using mooncloth gloves and leggings and satin hood/mantle/chest.

Reforge crit to haste and mastery to haste, Red sockets should be 40 intel, yellow 20intel/20haste.

Blue is if you are not hit cap 20intel/20 hit or 20 intel/30 stam. I currently am running without twisted faith in pvp so 20intel/20 spirit is lackluster for me. This is of course if you want the socket bonus, if the socket bonus is bad I would just recommend gemming 40 intel in blue.

I recommend this spec: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfMoZZGrMzdkrddfo:MksVko

-Imp mind blast is obviously wasted because you have the possibility of being focused and can't cast mind blast.
    -2/2 harnessed shadows is overkill
    -You can take points out of imp PWS for mental agility if you wan't
    Last edited by zito; 2011-01-17 at 01:56 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

So u think i should go for 2 sets with the 400 + resi ? and skip full shadow set?

Quote Originally Posted by skreddan View Post
    So u think i should go for 2 sets with the 400 + resi ? and skip full shadow set?
    Yup Yup Yup

okey so how about the gems and meta gems then ? any specific haste / crit or spell pen/resi i should have for pvp ?

Dots.
    If you're being focused and your healer is CC'd, Dispersion.
    Bind Dispel to your mouse or key. Use it actively to ensure your partner is never CC'd.
    Dots.
    If you're vs'ing a healer team and they are ignoring you, mana burn.
    Disarm Melee/Hunters right after they pop their "I'm now awesome" CD's.
    Dots.
    Mass Dispel that pally bubble.
    Use Psychic Horror/Silence/Fear to interrupt Heals.
    Shadowfiend offensively.
    Dots.

I probably missed something.

yea very usefull information though that was kinda obvious could u tell me which gems and stats that should be prio ?for example how much resi should i have and crit, haste, spell pen and so on ? thats the thing im kinda confused on.

Quote Originally Posted by skreddan View Post
    yea very usefull information though that was kinda obvious could u tell me which gems and stats that should be prio ?for example how much resi should i have and crit, haste, spell pen and so on ? thats the thing im kinda confused on.
    Read post 2

oh sry didnt se that thanks for your help mate gonna look more into that. thanks for your help this will surely improve my pvp

I don't PVP as often as I should, but when I do I normally stick to a large group and snipe people from a distance.

Targets I go for in order of importance: Healer, Caster type, rogues/feral cat, melee

Healers and Casters tatics: Mind spike them to proc mental paralysis, or mind control them to prevent them from doing any harm or healing their allies. Mana burn works, but often it's not worth wasting your mana.

Rogues and Feral Cats: I hate them with a passion, so when I see one I go for their jugular...

Melee: Not a real threat if you're standing far away. If you see one charging at your mind flay them and hope your BG mates come to your rescue!

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    dots and spam that offensive dispel on druids! they die so fast!

post #2 is pretty accurate.

i personally specced into twisted faith, i use alot of spirit gear because i go shadow for 2s and bgs, and go disc for 3s currently. i just go back and forth between with reforging and unforging gear. hit cap>spell pen cap>int>haste>crit>mastery
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2011-01-17 at 09:55 PM.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

u never have enough res im at 3.2k and i still need 4peices i think of pvp gear....again more more more res dot as much as posible and metas doesnt rly mater now but 4.0.6 the +3%crit dmg meta will be fixed to require 3 reds or something like that so get it
    Jaina needs to hook up with Sylvanas imo. The Dark lady needs something to keep her mind off how very much she wants to commit mass genocide on every living thing in Azeroth and I think Jaina's fine ass would do the trick.
    Point on the doll where the bad mage shattered you.