Shadowfiend not auto-attacking?

I looked around and couldn't find another post on this if there is someone please direct me that way . I am a disc priest and I am having problems with my Shadowfiend not attacking when I use it, even on boss fights. This presents a problem because half the time I don't realize it until I've wasted half its up time or more and I'm obviously using it for the mana return. I tried setting it to aggressive but that doesn't seem to be working either. Is this a bug or is this how blizzard intended for the shadowfiend to work? If so is there a macro I can use to make sure it auto attacks the target I'm popping it on? Thanks in advance for any and all replies and suggestions!

I had this same problem and setting him to agressive worked. if that doesnt work I'm not sure what to tell you
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Had the exact same problem. The fix is you have to set him on aggressive

Yah aggressive works or (if you haven't changed keybounds) you can hit ctrl+1 while targeting a mob for the fiend to attack.

Use this macro:

#showtooltip Shadowfiend
    /cast [nopet,harm][nopet,target=targettarget,harm]Shadowfiend
    /petattack [harm][target=targettarget,harm]
    /cast [harm][target=targettarget,harm]Shadowcrawl

This will summon your pet if you dont have one, if your target is hostile pet will attack it. If target is friendly (the tank you are healing) your pet will attack his target. Also initiates a shadowcrawl cast. Amazing macro, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by phred754 View Post
    Use this macro:

#showtooltip Shadowfiend

This will summon your pet if you dont have one, if your target is hostile pet will attack it. If target is friendly (the tank you are healing) your pet will attack his target. Also initiates a shadowcrawl cast. Amazing macro, imo.
    Thanks so much!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've just got in the habit of clicking the attack button after I activate the pet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phred754 View Post
    Use this macro:

#showtooltip Shadowfiend

Nice macro. I know when I'm healing and if I haven't been hit by something then I have to actively make my shadowfiend attack something. While I'm shadow (main spec) I have no problem since I have something targeted already and am attacking something.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    set that fool to aggressive and it solved my problem
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.