Page 1 of 3
LastLast

you look just like me

Remember the Brown Shirts? The Red Coat's? The reason i'm bringing this up isn't to troll, but it is a legit concern about why everyone is forced to look the same. Why not have dye kits so people can at least put some individuality in their character. It's like making everyone wear school uniforms. I dunno why it bothers me enough to write a post about it, maybe i'm just bored, but dam it would be the easiest thing to implement into the game and everyone would be happy about it. Blizzard could even make epic dye quests if they wanted to get cool about it..
    Last edited by murfle; 2011-01-17 at 11:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We cn reforge stats, Surely it shouldent be hard to recolour stuff..

I like what DCUO did, you will rarely( and i mean will RARELY) ever see someone the same. Maybe blizz should think of atleast colour changing

*goes up to a vendor* Can i have this in red? not blue?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...c%C3%A9/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Silence/simple
    Sergeant of the Master Sergeants, Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants, To The MAX!

Something tell me u just played AION, the dye system in that game rocks. you can have a matching set at any level just color it all same lol.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually support this. Would love to be able to dye my armor. As long as people don't go around dying their armor bright pink or neon green then I'm fine with that.

Dyes would be cool, we had those in neverwinter nights and man on some servers players spent hours customising their gear for the right look.

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    I actually support this. Would love to be able to dye my armor. As long as people don't go around dying their armor bright pink or neon green then I'm fine with that.
    Yes, Blizz has those colors reserved for all paladin tier sets.

Blizz is long overdue for a major character customization options upgrade, I can't think of any MMO that has as little options to customize your character as WoW does.

The biggest complaint I have heard since wow has been out is lack of true character customization.. why won't blizzard address this?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebes View Post
    Something tell me u just played AION, the dye system in that game rocks. you can have a matching set at any level just color it all same lol.
    Not just dyes, but you can make items look like other items, which in itself is pure awesome.

Deleted
    If I remember correctly, Blizzard has officially said that they want to preserve the atmosphere of warcraft, people running around with crazy-colored armor will ruin that atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Not just dyes, but you can make items look like other items, which in itself is pure awesome.
    Too bad the game itself sucked and was nothing but a grind fest with no decent rewards. But at least things were pretty.

---------- Post added 2011-01-19 at 12:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by murfle View Post
    The biggest complaint I have heard since wow has been out is lack of true character customization.. why won't blizzard address this?
    They even removed over cloaks which just changed your cloaks appearance to a faction based one. They're pretty nazi mode on the customization.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    Too bad the game itself sucked and was nothing but a grind fest with no decent rewards. But at least things were pretty.
    when all is said and done and everyone is standing around in their favorite locations.. looks are all that matter

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    If I remember correctly, Blizzard has officially said that they want to preserve the atmosphere of warcraft, people running around with crazy-colored armor will ruin that atmosphere.
    Which in my opinion is just a silly excuse. I think most people in the game doesn't want to run around in unicorn-colored robes and shields farting rainbows. Just don't release dyes that are pink, lime green, bright yellow or whatever may bother people. As an example, take the mage tier 11. The current color themes are awesome, but it would still look awesome it is was grey, forest green, deep purple etc.

However, I'm not sure what I think. I'm a casual raider but I can understand if the people with heroic tier wants to stand out from those with the normal version. That type of hierarchy system defined by gear colors may be silly, but I get it. I think I'd be fine either way, dye or no dye.

---------- Post added 2011-01-19 at 09:59 AM ----------

It would be awesome for getting past Outlands where all the leveling gear looks absolutely ridiculous but I do respect the color system of normal/heroic tier.

would be nice.. but I'm already afraid of how many guilds called "<insert lame word> of the Black <insert another lame word>" there will be.. and all run around 100% black dye'd, thinking they're awesome! :/

Tho, I'm tired of looking like a xmas-tree or a clown with sick mixes of brown/green/purple/red/blue and so on... so yeah please! Just make sure it's limited in some way atleast to avoid all ppl going totally black/white or making rainbows...

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah uniforms totally make people look different...

people look at the colour of the gear? 0o
    i only look at the stats on the gear never to the looks of it.

but changing the colour would still be nice thing to have:P

Deleted
    There definitely should be that option in the game, especially untill people at Blizz won't stop making caster belts look like a punch in the eye compared to the rest of same level (tier included) gear.

Deleted
    Well Blizzard mostly use one color for like example T10 and T10.5, because they want you to tell the difference from how far one has progressed in raiding. the same is with PvP gear. So you can tell the difference if you are about to get owned by a Vicious Full Epic geared guy. They have actually thought about it. I really think it is good to change color.

Personally I don't like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    I think having rogues in running round in bright colours and glowing like a christmas tree has kind of ruined this already (+major stealthfail).

I do agree with this, tho dont think a colour change will save T11

Embarrasing story : Back when i was a lvl 6-7 noob on my first character I got some black dye from a mob/chest (or somewhere?) and kept hold of it, thinking id be able to use it to dye my armour

GW did a nice attempt with purchasable dyes. DCUO perfected it by allowing you to change the colors of it at all times. To be able to change skin and eye color is kind of weird though...