Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    my best advice: make your own guild. if you dont like someone, boot em.

Quote Originally Posted by Torements View Post
    Ive been reading alot of threads lately and it seems there is no room for 30+ adults in WoW anymore. I am a father of 3, but love to play WoW to get away from real life stress, even if its a short time. As of late its has gotten so bad with "internet tough kids" who run thier mouth. Is thier any guilds left out there for "real" adults?
    Usually raid guilds or small but tight small groups tend to have more 'older' ( old =/= mature , my father is 60 and he plays wow like a maniac ) players.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I'm going to have to take the side of age and maturity not having anything to do with each other. I'm 27 and can confirm most of the things that have been said here supporting that. We've have very mature kids in our guild, and our most dramatic and destructive player has in his mid 30's. I suppose I was one of the lucky ones to have found a guild whose officers and primary hierarchy are not only mature, but many of them are either related or have been close family friends for years prior to WoW. It's an excellent atmosphere for someone like myself, doing daily instances and casual raiding.

Mature guilds exist, but if you join one with the mindset that all people under the age of 18 are immature and inferior, maybe you're the one that shouldn't be there?

Deleted
    My guild is 100% irlmates and noone is 20+, but, I dont see any immaturity or kids in the guild, wich is awesome. So, maturity dont go along with age.

These forums =/= WoW

The little fraction of people that reads these forums is no way representative of the people that play WoW. And to take it even further, the people that post on these forums are an even bigger minority.

So don't worry mate, not only kids play this game. My guild, for one, is made of people around the age of 30 ho have kids, jobs, etc. and there is plenty of guilds like that.

Deleted
    OP does not state his age, only "father of 3", which in my area, could mean he's still 18

I do know what the OP means though, and I think any rudeness comes from frustration. I read these forums (and other WoW ones) more often than I post, and the general quality seems more at abusing other posters and not helping out. Constructive criticism and tactful advice are much lacked both on WoW forums and in game. Very few people seem to offer decent advice without delivering it in a sarcastic or idiotic manner. If my realm is anything to go by, the in game idiots are surely on the increase too.

As for suggestions, as other posters have stated, post a message on your offical realm forum asking for mature guilds, or start asking round on the in game chat channels. There are mature, sensible guilds out there, but as others have said, they do tend to keep to themselves and not advertise much. Good luck with the search!

15+ Year Old Account
    Locking this because I can not see a Constructive Thread coming out of this.
    Dawwwwwww