Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tanking is like being stuck as the designated driver.

Most of us have been there. Our buddies want to go out and have a good time and they ask you to be the designated driver. While they're laughing and carrying on in the back, your stuck having to pay attention to the roads. Oh and the pressure is on you for them to uhh..not die.

While some enjoy being the designated driver and the responsibility, most would just rather put it on someone else and have a good time.

..and thats why there is a tank shortage.
    Last edited by Bonto; 2011-01-18 at 06:51 PM.

Deleted
    Where's the healer in that picture?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    Healer is the one who doesn't drink but can't drive either.

Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    That would be your wife sitting passenger, telling you how to drive.
    Last edited by Bonto; 2011-01-18 at 06:52 PM.

Another tank forgetting that you can't get the job done alone. Everyone pays attention and pulls their wait in Heroics or it's a train wreck. It's called teamwork. You are only as strong as your weakest link and that includes a weaksauce tank.

I don't drink, so tanking must be easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonto View Post
    That would be your wife sitting passenger, telling you how to drive.
    Hey!....wait, no you're right.

Funny that healer decides if you live or die. Might one to dismount from your paper high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by manniefaces View Post
    Another tank forgetting that you can't get the job done alone. Everyone pays attention and pulls their wait in Heroics or it's a train wreck. It's called teamwork. You are only as strong as your weakest link and that includes a weaksauce tank.
    Another DPS wanting to feel like there is as much pressure and responsibility on them as there is on the tank.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Another DPS wanting to feel like there is as much pressure and responsibility on them as there is on the tank.
    DPS are important to. Just happens to be 3 of them. Its supply in demand. DPS has a lot of supply and not much demand while Tank and Healer have low supply and high demand.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think the tank is actually the ONE drunken idiot that needs to be the center of attention, think's hes invincible, has be in charge, and needs everyone to think he's awesome. Usually, this guy almost gets himself killed before one of his less drunk or sober friends bails him out, he then proceeds to tell everyone how awesome he is because HE just did something amazing all alone, despite that he was helped.

The dps are the fun, normally buzzed people, having a great time and not being too ridiculous. Often these "buzzed" folk are bailing out the more drunk tank. Othertimes, they are of course some what annoying to anyone who is sober, and are considered very annoying by irrational, agitated, super-drunk tanks.

The healer is the designated driver, doing a lot of work, watching out for everyone, and rarely being thanked for any of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Quote Originally Posted by manniefaces View Post
    couldnt agree more. if dps dont interrupt or focus the right target or healer cant keep up then the group gos nowhere.
    @OP I was often the desgnated driver as I like driving, much like tanking. if you find it a chore go do something else.

Some of you guys really need to get this pre-madonna mindset out of your heads. You may think you're the most important thing for a group but the rest of the group is just as important. Get off your high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Some of you guys really need to get this pre-madonna mindset out of your heads.
    I think you mean "prima donna."

Quote Originally Posted by Bonto View Post
    DPS are important to. Just happens to be 3 of them. Its supply in demand. DPS has a lot of supply and not much demand while Tank and Healer have low supply and high demand.
    I've tanked. I've DPS'd. Both extensively, in dungeons and raids, with friends and with PUGs.

Tanking has more responsibility and pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDinadan View Post
    I think you mean "prima donna."
    LOL Touche. That's what happens when you post at work and only pay half attention.

---------- Post added 2011-01-18 at 02:09 PM ----------

I've tanked. I've DPS'd. Both extensively, in dungeons and raids, with friends and with PUGs.

Tanking has more responsibility and pressure.
    And healing has even more responsibility and more pressure. What's your point?

Some of you guys really need to get this pre-madonna mindset out of your heads. You may think you're the most important thing for a group but the rest of the group is just as important. Get off your high horse.
    I'm not on a high horse. I agree that without DPS and a healer a tank is nothing. What I'm saying is there's more pressure and responsibility on the healer and tank.

I find tanking quite enjoyable. Except the times I get a group with zero cc. Then it becomes VERY enjoyable!

Also,
    pre-madonna
    It's prima donna, meaning first lady. Nothing to do with the lusty singer.

And healing has even more responsibility and more pressure. What's your point?
    Whether tanking or healing is more stressful is situational. It does not change what I said.

I'm not on a high horse. I agree that without DPS and a healer a tank is nothing. What I'm saying is there's more pressure and responsibility on the healer and tank.
    Going to have to agree.