Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's not WoW community. It's internet.

It's the 12 and 13 year olds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its life. Some people have no qualms with being a douche. they don't care that they are being rude. Its called not having people skills. And I can bet 90% or more of us are guilty of it at one point or another, in game. Its best to ignore it.

Think about it. When a pug is harassing you in a 5 man LFD group for example. If you retort to their negative comments and slander, your taking gasoline and pouring it on a fire. shrug it off, give a quick "sorry, lets try that again" and go about the run. Trouble continues? Leave em. not worth your time and effort for someone who thinks their time and effort have a higher value than yours, a fellow paying customer.

f*ck haters....

10+ Year Old Account
    Its just how people are really. The internet makes everyone into pissy little assholes.

I just love my /ignore button
    Quote Originally Posted by mahpewpew View Post
    I refuse to give away my freedoms to be safe from decisions I make that affect myself.
    Good communities sometimes trump questionable staff.

I am aware sometimes I dont include apostrophes. My work keyboard is missing the button. Let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Avell View Post
    It's not WoW community. It's internet.
    Yet most MMO's don't have this kind of issue with their communities. Most MMO communities are more than willing to help and teach new players how to play the game for the game to prosper and won't curse someone out for making a simple mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by SharQueDo View Post

Nature of mankind.
    this is exactly it. 99% of the jacka&&es, jerk, smart alecs and etc etc are prolly not that way in rl and stuff they say in game they would never ever say to someone's face

And this is why the original real-id was such an outstanding change. Imagine how much better wow (and the internet) would be if the anonymity were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by BlartyBlart View Post
    I'm a dick on the forums but super nice in game
    Same. More anonymity on these forums than in game.

OT: The game's player base only continues to expand and since most people are rude and dickish on the internet, the odds of getting more dicks in your group skyrockets.
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Everybody on the game are so horrible to each other. Somebody makes a mistake and you get shit storm of abuse be it fail dps fail tank or fail healer.

Instead of helping people players much rather give them a shit loads of abuse. The community goes down every day. You can even see it on these forums as people insult each other instead of having a proper conversation.
    I'm sorry. Toughen up, son, it's the internet and you are making a scene.

The WoW community is horrible?

Because if someone plays SC2/CoD:BO/H:Reach is nice and when it plays/comments/talk about WoW instantly turns into an asshole? how does that work?

10+ Year Old Account
    People on the internetz are anonymous and therefore they can do things they (probably) don't have the balls for in real life. Everyone likes power and they get the sense of having a certain power / control over someone else in the game and internet in general. There is no way you can fix this apart from putting a huge bar over their character revealing their real name and what not. Hence why everyone was so against the real name implementation blizzard wanted to do on their new forums (Note: I also did not want this to happen )

Thought, this was probably a needless thing to say but yea...

Edit: I just read the few posts above me and saw everything I saw had already been posted! :sadface:

You are acting like this anonymous thing is a GREAT DISCOVERY OF MANKIND! Have you even gone to a bar in a different country where you know you won't ever meet those people again? Stop hyping it up as if you've just got your first hair.

I kinda agree I just do instances with friends or guild cause it seems rare to do a pug with out having a complete Ahole in my group. Been insulted a few times for not keeping the tank up as an ely sham kinda went ok then whatever.

Welp. It's up to us to be nice to each other. We can't just say "GAH everyone is so MEAN" because, the longer that goes on, the more bitter we become... and then one day, you look in the mirror and realize you are what you hate.

So instead of complaining about the "other folks" or pointing it out (which is really easy to do, I know), maybe talk about that one time when you got a random group with a bunch of chums and you just tore stuff up and had a good time.

I have played other games and they had there share of jerks but NOTHING like the wow community . For example ive played star wars galaxies and everquest and I can tell you the people that play those games are 10x nicer and more helpful then the people who make up the majority of wow players . Your never going to see people say " the ever quest community is horrible " ...for some reason wow attracts JERKS like a blackhole

I see the main problem is that peope really think they are something special at this game ..i mean they really think " I am awesome at wow and know everything about it " and that attitude produces a jerk attitude in game . The reality however is that unless your in a top 10 world guild or a top 10 world arena team you are nothing special and there are far better people playing this game then you .

I like how an 8 year told me off one day when I was telling him how to play his toon " You should spend less time playing this game and more time on eharmony " ...lol the kid was right .

hat because wow has pandered to the elitists. What are the elitists standard answer now to all the crap you ask!!

Join a Guild, hahaha

Quick reply to this message
    there is a difference between elitist people and elitist JERKZ , can u see the difference ? Also i do agree some people just exagerate and at one mistake they go ape but other times is just .... sigh lol i have a lot of fairy tales i could tell .

Deleted
    Try playing League of Legends and dying once to an early gank/First Blood. League of Legends has one of the most immature communities i've ever seen. If you can survive LoL, you can survive WoW!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ariatas View Post
    Well personaly when i run low level dungeons i won't really rage at people its more at the 85 dungeons that my rage comes free:< as some people are just really bad>< as i expect people at 85 to pull their weight and move out of fire and preform to a standard you should expect from people as its not fun to carry people :<
    care to explain what is happening in ur avatar?

15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt anyone was rude from day one, it's come with time, we lost patience.

It's funny, I was going through the guild listings on my realm page and seeing which websites I would like to visit. All of the guild application responses were so condescending and rude that I feel like I don't have a guild to apply to on the realm. The applicants weren't trolling or anything, bu these guilds are criticizing raid ui, professions (gathering=lol to them), their wotlk past, etc.

It wasn't just the top 2 asshat guilds on the server, it was literally every guild with this behavior.

US-Emerald Dream, don't go there, just pot and vulgarity roam the streets.