Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spock84 View Post
    I dont understant this balance between classes,i have around 2500 resil now,i ve met Death knight Blood around 154HP,PVE gear.
    I poped Wolfs,totems,elemental start nuking him.After just spotted hunter to start nuking him aswell.He killed me in about 30 sec.
    NEarly all my DMG to him was like Absorb..Absorb..Absorb.Hit ..and he healed his selft for 40k..this is really Unbeliveble.
    I died .. used ANK..healed my self...hunter died..DK was on 70%HP..i started nuking him again and killed me with 100% HP..soo ?

Same Warrior...is OP...as DK..so Why im farming PVP gear?..when PVE warrior..and Death knight nuke me in few seconds?. sorry if is OT..

Classes aren't balanced. It sucks but that's the way it is. Today I had two 10 minute long matches against unholy DK/holy paladin teams and a 30 minute match against a warrior/holy paladin team against me and my holy paladin. We ended up just leaving the arena and letting them grab the win.

Blood DK's are ridiculous. They heal way too much. So much that they don't need a healer for arena. It's disheartening but that's why the game's pvp system is balanced around 3v3 matches lol

So if you really want to shine 3v3 is the way to go. If you're a BG'er don't take it to heart if a blood dk tanks all of your damage and then heals to full health while he strangulates you lol. DKs are hard counters to us...

Thanks for writing the guide.

create a macro to swap Rockbiter and your MH enchant quickly. Use it to "taunt" pets on yourself to take some pressure off your teammate or keep yourself out of cc. Use this against mage/rogue when you see the blind coming.

ES IS nice in pvp, you should have all of your shocks keybound. if you run with a class that can slow I use ES quite a bit and have a @focus FS keybind to slow your cc target.

IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by Madd77 View Post
    Thanks for writing the guide.

create a macro to swap Rockbiter and your MH enchant quickly. Use it to "taunt" pets on yourself to take some pressure off your teammate or keep yourself out of cc. Use this against mage/rogue when you see the blind coming.
    Great tip! Do you have a macro like this? I'd love to see it.
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice guide the only thing I can see that I would say needs to be changed is all high end enhance shamans are stacking Mastery over Haste and gemming resilience and agility. Even non-high end shamans should be gemming resil in everything that's not a red socket.
    Last edited by Lovepump; 2011-02-14 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Edit an edit

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice guide. I really like it

Tangster, what problems Enhance Shaman has VS Frost Deathknight?? Is it possible to kill him in a duel? Thnx

I'm just a noob, but wouldn't this be the thread one should logically go to in order to find out what weapons are desirable for a pvp shaman starting out?

Speed, type and so on?

Long time Resto Shaman who has always been Enh Offspec (oh the days of 2h Flurried WF crits I miss the). I didn't see this covered (and I could have easily missed it) but why does it seem no one specs into Elemental Devestation? I haven't worked out my PVP spec/gear yet (since I always gotta heal) but I know when i'm out soloing that talent seems like it's got a super high uptime and my Enh gear atm is total garbage. Anyway thanks in advance for the help/comments/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    I'm just a noob, but wouldn't this be the thread one should logically go to in order to find out what weapons are desirable for a pvp shaman starting out?

Speed, type and so on?
    I suppose so.

2.6 or slower.

One hand agility weapons.

---------- Post added 2011-03-02 at 09:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Long time Resto Shaman who has always been Enh Offspec (oh the days of 2h Flurried WF crits I miss the). I didn't see this covered (and I could have easily missed it) but why does it seem no one specs into Elemental Devestation? I haven't worked out my PVP spec/gear yet (since I always gotta heal) but I know when i'm out soloing that talent seems like it's got a super high uptime and my Enh gear atm is total garbage. Anyway thanks in advance for the help/comments/whatever.

I spec into elemental devastation. Only for 2 points though.
    It does have a high uptime. Usually whenever I glance at my buffs it's up there.

I don't number crunch so I'm not sure why some pass it up.
    Last edited by Meklol; 2011-03-03 at 02:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utilizator View Post
    Tangster, what problems Enhance Shaman has VS Frost Deathknight?? Is it possible to kill him in a duel? Thnx
    Well to duell DKs, especially Blood DKs is real a pain in the ass. In fact you want him to use his cooldowns very early, so you can beat him easier later in the fight. In fact start also with nearly everything you have (means wolves, stoneclaw, shamanistic rage [wait there a bit to remove his debuffs] and grounding totem because his deathcoil deals pretty good dmg) and fight him melee while try to prevent him to slow you (earthbinding totem!). If he does not use his cooldowns, he will go down for sure. If he uses cooldowns stay as long at melee and fight him as you still got your own cooldowns up (if he is unholy and goes for his gargoyle, get it in focus target and shock that beast). MW5 Stacks should be generally used for healing in this fight. When your cooldowns are dropping (2-3 times stoneclaw, shamanistic rage and wolves) try to hex him (use MW stacks there, otherwise he will silence you) and either dropp earthbind totem (in case you are slowed and he's not) and afterwards or in the case you are not slowed and he is - use grounding totem. Because he will use his trinket for hex (in nearly all cases) and wenn he sees you moving away, he will hook you. That's why you need that grounding totem there. Next thing you have to do is, to kite that bitch as long as possible (do not forget your fire totem that can still do dmg to him and to keep stoneclaw on cooldown). Kiting him without his hook ready is pretty easy, you simply switch between frostshock (slow and freeze) and unleash elements (with frostbrand on it) and use your ghostwolf form. While doing that, use spiritwalkers grace to heal yourself while casting. And do not forget to dropp down that grounding totem again (maybe you are lucky and ground another hook). Kite him as long as you need to get your cooldowns again (wolves, stoneclaw, shamanistic rage) or if he is already quite low, get yourself to 100% and go with shamanistic rage on and stoneclow totem up.

If that bastard is still alive afters this, repeat the whole kiting thing and hope you get your wolves ready once more.

Hope I could help.

So Far
    Walktheline

Nice guide only thing I wonder is for minor glyph water breathing in arena for possible extra buff dispelled?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elektroshock View Post
    Nice guide only thing I wonder is for minor glyph water breathing in arena for possible extra buff dispelled?
    nope, not anymore! Get waterwalking for Twinpeaks and Gilneas - its very helpful in rated bgs

Deleted
    I guess this is as good of a place as any to ask. I was just wondering why there are no dwarf enhance shamans out there with two maces! I realize using the fists saves ~1500 points but still, is 3 expertise really that useless?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Girugamesh View Post
    I guess this is as good of a place as any to ask. I was just wondering why there are no dwarf enhance shamans out there with two maces! I realize using the fists saves ~1500 points but still, is 3 expertise really that useless?
    When it comes down to the T1 weapons, its simply saving points. But the T2 offhand of the fistweapons is as expensive as the mainhand. So i guess most dwarf shamans will take the mace for the mainhand and the fist as offhand. the problem with taking the same 2 maces is the exact same name, which means, if you are using a weapon swap makro (for shield!) it can be, that the wrong mainhand is chose (which means you got the 2 maces on, then use your makro to swap to 1 mace and a shield and when you swap back you maybe have got your offhand in the mainhand and the otherway round...).

Quote Originally Posted by Walktheline View Post
    When it comes down to the T1 weapons, its simply saving points. But the T2 offhand of the fistweapons is as expensive as the mainhand. So i guess most dwarf shamans will take the mace for the mainhand and the fist as offhand. the problem with taking the same 2 maces is the exact same name, which means, if you are using a weapon swap makro (for shield!) it can be, that the wrong mainhand is chose (which means you got the 2 maces on, then use your makro to swap to 1 mace and a shield and when you swap back you maybe have got your offhand in the mainhand and the otherway round...).

I bought the mace for my off hand to replace the fist weapon I had. I tested it with my swap macro and it doesn't bug out like that. Main hand stays on shield goes off. Off hand is equipped.

Just mouse over the imbue buffs to make sure they're still equipped right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meklol View Post
    I bought the mace for my off hand to replace the fist weapon I had. I tested it with my swap macro and it doesn't bug out like that. Main hand stays on shield goes off. Off hand is equipped.

Just mouse over the imbue buffs to make sure they're still equipped right.
    interesting, because i had that problem often, back in wotlk. Maybe they fixed it in cata, gonna test it.

Deleted
    I was just wondering, is there any definate trinket choices for pvp? I'm rolling with essence of the cyclone and the standard pvp trinket atm and I dont know which way to go with my trinkets.

Deleted
    DMC: Hurricane + Insignia

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEnergy View Post
    DMC: Hurricane + Insignia
    Assuming I dont have enough gold for DMC: Hurricane, what would be the next best thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Girugamesh View Post
    Assuming I dont have enough gold for DMC: Hurricane, what would be the next best thing?
    The Resil with On-Use Agility, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.