Thread: Restoration UI

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Restoration UI

Hi, I currently made my way from 1 to 85 and Healed a lot of Heroics and Argaloth with the Default Blizzard Raid UI.

However, I have been told that the Blizzard UI does not hold up to Addons such as Grid or Healbot.
    Now that I seem to be ready for raids, my Guild told me to inform myself on such addons.

I have never tried them, and really all I want Is Health Bars obviously, the ability to see which HoT is on whom and how much time/stacks are there.

What do you use? Thanks in advance!

I use blizzard UI with grid and quartz being my primary addons. Grid can setup hots duration and on who.

Deleted
    grid is easily best for the amount of features that you can have as well as the fact that you can make it look nice, i never really used healbot myself because it looks ugly

Deleted
    I have always used grid (on all my healers) until now - now i roll with blizz's standard ui and it's every bit as good as grid or w/e imho.

Actually the only add on i use is Deadly Boss Mods (for easy mode :P)

I will try setting up Grid then

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mohoji View Post
    grid is easily best for the amount of features that you can have as well as the fact that you can make it look nice, i never really used healbot myself because it looks ugly
    Healbot only looks ugly if you've configured it to look ugly.

Here is a vote for VuhDo. I used grid until recently and I really like this addon.

Deleted
    Grid is too complicated, Healbot is ok, but a bit messy so I've gone off it. Vuhdo I could give another chance as I couldn't be assed to set it up in full last time. Personally I've been fine with the default UI and keybindings, and that was even in old raiding times.

Vuhdo ftw.. serious :-)

Always healed with grid before, but the Vuhdo is the healing addon for a restodruid, its massive

Takes about 15 mins to set it up properly, then its just bambamheal

But tbh, you have to use what you think is best for you

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard UI is fine for heroics. It's not as shiny and doesn't have near all the other things special addons have, but if you don't like addons, it works fine.

Outside of that, if you do want to give addons a try, as said, for resto druids, Vuhdo is pretty much the 'it' addon right now. Grid is fine if it's been set up forever and you just like it. But to start out, vuhdo gives you more options than grid and is easier to set up, keep updated, and less problems/bugs overall. New healers shouldn't even waste their time with grid anymore sadly.

Yeah, if you've never used another addon, just get vuhdo. I hear complaints from long timers about how "hard" it is to set it up compared to healbot or grid, which really isnt the case, and since you dont know from healbot or grid, you wont see it as difficult to set up.

I love my vuhdo with built in mouseovers.

i used the blizzard UI with clique, works just the same as vuhdo and grid but without the crashing

10+ Year Old Account
    I've used Grid for a long time - although I might check out VudHo given the reviews and feedback here. Grid is very customizable and configurable which is really nice. I avoid the standard blizz UI cause I can't shrink the boxes enough frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Polanco View Post
    i used the blizzard UI with clique, works just the same as vuhdo and grid but without the crashing
    Last I checked, the Blizzard UI didn't display clusters or other druid's HoTs so you can Swiftmend easier. So no, it doesn't work the same and I've never had VuhDo crash.

vuhdo is the best raid frame out there currently. it has everything HB and grid offers and more. If you are serious about raiding and healing in raids then Vuhdo is the one you will want to be using.

Vuhdo = Love

I adore Vuhdo and recommend it, especially to resto druids. It can be a bit scary when you first "unbox" it but here's an excellent guide to a basic Vuhdo setup which includes screenshots. After following this guide I tweaked a few things and fell in love with Vuhdo.

Righteous Orbs Vuhdo Setup Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Kyzen View Post
    Vuhdo = Love

I adore Vuhdo and recommend it, especially to resto druids. It can be a bit scary when you first "unbox" it but here's an excellent guide to a basic Vuhdo setup which includes screenshots. After following this guide I tweaked a few things and fell in love with Vuhdo.

Righteous Orbs Vuhdo Setup Guide
    Yeah this is a great guide, I couldn't remember the link and had it bookmarked at home. Very nice read.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've thought of trying out Vuhdo, but I've used Grid forever...sigh.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another vote for VuhDo; I tried Healbot and Grid but VuhDo was best for me - I think it's a highly personal choice but the one thing you should not expect is to download any of them and have it just work. You have to invest considerable time in configuring them to work the way you want them to. It's worth it though...
    This one girl...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanavi View Post
    I've thought of trying out Vuhdo, but I've used Grid forever...sigh.
    It was a really hard choice for me to switch. I thought I wouldn't be able to get vuhdo to look or act like my grid. But really, I would never go back to grid. Switch and take the time to set it up completely and test it in heroics and BGs. Once you get used to it you'll love it. =]