View Poll Results: Tom Hardy = Epic Bane?

Voters
60. This poll is closed
  • Yea!

48 80.00%
  • No Way!!

12 20.00%
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker12489 View Post
    I.E where nightwing takes over bruce's mantle as batman because Bruce is paralyzed from being broken by bane.
    I'm trying REALLY hard not to nerdrage all over the place over this.

I'm also trying to figure out if you're trolling or not...

Saw this at IMDb: Then the idea of making The Dark Knight began. Nolan wasn't sure he wanted to return to direct a third Batman film. As The Dark Knight was immensely successful and critically acclaimed, expectations for a third film would undoubtedly be extremely high. Nolan himself said he would not direct a third film unless the script could match or top The Dark Knight, and the ideas started to pop while in production of Inception. Then he made the conscious decision to end his Batman legacy as a trilogy, ending all the loose ends and spanning a complete story arc for the characters with a definitive conclusion, overruling a fourth film. Christian Bale has also said that he won't be returning for any Batman movies in the future, whether they are directed by Nolan (highly improbable) or by any other person.

So, do you think he picked this because he thought the script was better than The Dark Knight, or he caved for something less just to put an end to the trilogy?

(Movie) Dark Knight Rises Final Trailer

Just in case you guys hadn't seen it yet here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=g8evyE9TuYk

I must say, just wow. DKR so far has been very quite compared to the Avengers and Prometheus in terms of advertising but I think this is a giant step toward making it the #1 movie of the summer season.

15+ Year Old Account
    And people are saying we can't get hyped, look forward to (OR ENJOY BOTH MOVIES) after seeing The Avengers. Psh. That was a great trailer, I loved how the music just rose, and rose (probably the point, since the title is, ya know). Really looking forward to it.

"This isn't a car!"

Sadly, I think we'll all miss that voice when it's gone, hah.
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2012-05-01 at 05:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    my predictions:

bruce wayne dies defeating bane, at the end gordon lovit becomes batman and rises up

oh and bane is just liam nissans's(sp) character after getting dumped into the lazerus pit

Well, my local theater has started selling tickets for this. Strangely enough they haven't put on tickets for Spiderman.

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 01:40 PM ----------

Also, found out they are doing a Marathon of the 3 movies on the 19th with the first one starting at 6:40 and the 3rd one at 12:01 am. It would be cool to see all 3 movies back to back to back but it's going to be a very late night.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really think the title (The Dark Knight RISES) will have something symbolically significant to do with the Batman in this picture.

Quote Originally Posted by nozipmiran View Post
    Hope batman will be integrated with avengers... This finale among trilogy should be the best..
    <Snip>
    On the other hand I'm pretty hyped for this movie, looks like it will be a good year for superheroes all around, Avengers was fantastic, it looks like we may get an accurate spiderman for a change, and the prospect of Bane being the mastermind instead of "DUUR I SMASH" is fantastic.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-06-16 at 04:05 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with those speculated Gordon-Levitt/John Black will become the Batman.

15+ Year Old Account
    New trailer, hopefully the last one.

I also agreed that JGL will become the new batman, but hopefully it's because batman dies, and not because "I'm done with it, so here's the keys to my Batcave".

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Speculation on The Dark Knight Rises

Hello, all, I'm fairly new here as you can see. I was looking through the forums and couldn't seem to find a thread about this topic, so here I go:

PLEASE READ: I realize some people hate being impatient and speculation of sort, so I really would not like any comments relating to "Quite being impatient and just wait for the movie!".

With all of this stuff surrounding JGL's character "supposedly" becoming Robin or Batman, here's what I see are some possibilities:
    1: Bane screws batman up in first fight, he is imprisoned, then comes back to find Miranda Tate to be Talia's alias. Although batman is shocked at her true identity, talia proves to be more of a good guy than bad guy. Batman has his finale with bane and defeats him, leaving bane for dead. Bane pulls his mask off and is killed, batman is glorified, etc.
    2: Above, but batman is poised by the toxic gas from bane, JGL takes over. ( really unlikely I think )
    3: I think JGL is a specially trained cop and will just be a really good guy ( kind of like Harvey dent without two-face ), assist batman in all of his shenanigans, but when Bane injures Batman, he tries to take over the suit, but ultimately cannot live up to Bruces level of crime fighting

Note that this is a very short, half-a**ed list of possibilities, and I mainly started this thread to see other peoples opinions.

PLEASE POST YOUR OPINIONS AND WHAT YOU THINK MIGHT HAPPEN!

15+ Year Old Account
    Merged it to the Dark Knight discussion thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's a pretty cool 13min featurette talking about the filming.

Contains a lot of scenes and possibly spoilers but I don't think it's too bad. You've been warned either way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UuUxqfAOUM

15+ Year Old Account
    Bumping this up at this point as many have seen it or are about to go see it.

Please, I must stress using [ spoiler][ /spoiler] tags when discussing anything dealing with plot twists or the ending. Deliberatly spoiling the film in the thread without using tags may be viewed as trolling and dealt with accordingly.

We'll do our best to see that spoilers are covered up but that being said, we cant monitor this 24/7. If you are worried about spoilers then it may be best to avoid this thread until you see it. Fair warnings given for both sides. Enjoy!

Hardy's performance as Bane is OUTSTANDING. Defiantly on par, maybe even better than Heath Ledger's.

The film is also very good, defiantly a must watch.

Deleted
    supposed to go see it this wednesday but my wife is involved in dress rehearsal for the opening ceremony of the olympics so we have to miss it until next week. and here's me thinking I couldn't get any more pissed off with the olympics...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer52431 View Post
    Hardy's performance as Bane is OUTSTANDING. Defiantly on par, maybe even better than Heath Ledger's.

The film is also very good, defiantly a must watch.
    Going to see it first thing tomorrow. I'm watching TDK right now and man Ledger is just absolutely the best.

I heard Batman dies finally?

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I heard Batman dies finally?
    Huge spoiler:
    The world thinks he is, but at the end of the movie you see him at a cafe with Selina

That movie was easily the best super hero movie I ever seen, possibly one of the best I ever seen.
    Bane was such a great villain, matching Joker.

I will be going a 2nd and 3rd time.
    Last edited by Byuiso; 2012-07-20 at 07:38 AM.