Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I love the mages trying to say how it's not really that bad and we're all just a bunch of whiners.

I'm leveling my mage for PvP though, so YEAH! Frost mages aren't dramatically overpowered at all you guys are just bad and get some resil lawl.

hahahahaha oh god epic find

10+ Year Old Account
    I read this one with the Justin Bieber entering puberty joke, so he ruined it. God damn Bieber.

Why do I find that so true? Nevertheless, a good find though.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Ghostcrawler couldn't possibly nerf the only class/spec combination with Improved Blizzard in their talent tree.

Deleted
    great find, thanks!

Deleted
    i dont get it, try duel an enhancement shaman as a frostmage, if you get a single cast off i salute you sir.

coming from 2500 res mage with archeology staff, epic goggles and other decent offpieces that wtfpwns everything. i dont got a clue how you can lose versus a deathknight 1v1? or a warlock? never did, but enhancement shamans make you rely on icelance spams for a ful 100%, they purge your shields, shock every frostbolt cast and trowh down a grounding totem for anything else you try. i got like 50 roots yes but wolf form doesnt give a damn. the only way i can deal some damage is use one of those and icelance instantly hoping i can drop his health faster then he does mine. also good ones trinket the deep freeze. if you cold snap and freeze him again you might get 20% off, however if i time my counterspell perfectly on a random heal i can get another 20% in that 5 second frame with a plain frostbolt and lance shatter. after that the purge/shock cycle continues and all i can hope for is root/lance combo`s to even deal damage

if im just a baddy and i should l2p give me a strategy for taking an enhancement shaman down. and im talking about equally geared ones cause i can shatter 0 resilience down like a trashmob as well obviously. find "royalvichi" on neptulon-EU for armory.
    Last edited by mmocdd88deccb5; 2011-01-25 at 12:46 AM.

What Blizzard can't get through the thick skull is that Frost should be a PVP ONLY spec. There is no reason to use it for endgame PvE, so you can't use the arguement of "OH NOES MY DPS WILL GO DOWN" because no one cares. It's ridiculous to think that every spec for a pure class should be viable in both PvE and PvP.
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

Quote Originally Posted by nicci View Post
    i dont get it, try duel an enhancement shaman as a frostmage, if you get a single cast off i salute you sir.

coming from 2500 res mage with archeology staff, epic goggles and other decent offpieces that wtfpwns everything. i dont got a clue how you can lose versus a deathknight 1v1? or a warlock? never did, but enhancement shamans make you rely on icelance spams for a ful 100%, they purge your shields, shock every frostbolt cast and trowh down a grounding totem for anything else you try. i got like 50 roots yes but wolf form doesnt give a damn. the only way i can deal some damage is use one of those and icelance instantly hoping i can drop his health faster then he does mine. also good ones trinket the deep freeze. if you cold snap and freeze him again you might get 20% off, however if i time my counterspell perfectly on a random heal i can get another 20% in that 5 second frame with a plain frostbolt and lance shatter. after that the purge/shock cycle continues and all i can hope for is root/lance combo`s to even deal damage

if im just a baddy and i should l2p give me a strategy for taking an enhancement shaman down. and im talking about equally geared ones cause i can shatter 0 resilience down like a trashmob as well obviously. find "royalvichi" on neptulon-EU for armory.
    But 1v1 is a different story. Sure, there will be similar things in arena such as CC, burst and even reset but it still depends on the class you're fighting. You are all "duking it out" at the end but it just sounds completely fail when against opponents like rets, hunters, eles.

Quote Originally Posted by nicci View Post

Never had any issue with them except when wolves are up. So I guess its a matter of living through the wolves then resetting the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnpaw View Post
    Truth, its useless trying to point out to a mage how overpowered they are.
    They just all deny it and believe that its them being super skilled rather then their class requiring the IQ of a condom to play.
    ^ this lmao
    Bane

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    I am a Dk and I love frost mage , run toward them, CoI AMS pass the CoC or freeze and maybe even the second one, THEN IBF paf deep freeze doesnt work strangulate rape the frost mage face he blink, he was Darksimed I blink behind him continue to rape he frost nova me i DG him, rape his face more he invisbility he pop my face he try to pop freeze with his water ele SURPRISE i 2 shotted his damned elemental, AMS again slash bam I continue running toward him rushing him he reset CD deep freeze me and rape my entire face with Ice lance i ghoul sac and proceed to kill him finally (all this happened in 20-30 sec or so).

Moral of the story most frost mage arent skilled and you will likely kill them easily BUT good luck on skilled mage ( I am half skilled not good nor bad average ), MOst people do not even use more than 4 to 6 abilities in combat(Its ironic that I didnt used a lot of abilities in my story but I do not include combat move like the strike and damage dealing abilities), when they have SO MANY option to rape mage. Rogue is also fun to slice some frosted mages head.

You know which kind of frost mage I like more, those that are arcane specced :P (Its a joke for those that arent good at detecting sarcasm )
    U all ppl cry about frost mages,and look this kid,he is pro skilled dk...I mean ur seeing the point.Who the hell fucks mages being op when they actually need to cast something while dks run tunnelvision 0 cc spaming 20k crits with no gcd?I mean u have some problems with mages being op in wotlk,but mages actually need some skill to play,while dk a meleer with no gcd is just keyboard smash,i just would like to see a dk with skill never saw that rare species...

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYq9v...layer_embedded -Vimpe (Tot)ally Fails 2 - Trailer VIMPE!!

Quote Originally Posted by rackerj View Post
    Ghostcrawler couldn't possibly nerf the only class/spec combination with Improved Blizzard in their talent tree.
    i agree mages or just to op to notice any thing with all there control its retarted
    The sun has set on this mortal world fools make peace with your end for the hour of twilight falls!

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost Mages are the most OP 1v1 class in the game. But there always has to be an OP 1v1 class/spec or two. There's no way to balance 1v1. They aren't OP in Rated BGs, 3v3 or 5v5 arena though and that's all that counts. The rest is just for fun.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    Dk> mage
    Warlock> Mage

This is in 1v1, considering both would be equally skilled.

Yes, you as a rogue might lose a duel, or that disc priest loses a duel vs a mage, it doesn't mean the class is overpowered. If it went like that, I could call DK's and warlocks overpowered. (Eventhough necrotic strike is pretty damn strong right now)

Also, feral druids/uh dk's/arms(or hell even fury now) are all doing WAY more damage than a mage. But ofcource you wouldn't know this if you stand there on 20 yard range AFKing getting shattered. Maybe try to put some pressure on the mage so he's not free casting with icy veins and bloodlust up?

EDIT: Let me just act like some other people do:

OMFG THIS WARR GOT ME FROM 110K TO 0% IN 2 GLOBALS!! OMFG NERF QQQQ!!

Oops, forgot to mention I had 0 resilience, he was fury in full pve gear and with all dps cooldowns up, oh and I wasn't trying to kite him or anything. So basicly I was just a dummy without resilience while he was popping all his/her cd's for max dps.
    You evidently do not understand that ONLY Warlocks are able to beat FROST Mages at the moment. Even then, its ONLY Destruction Warlocks that can do so. You cannot defend a blatantly overpowered spec/class like Mages.

---------- Post added 2011-02-01 at 08:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    Frost Mages are the most OP 1v1 class in the game. But there always has to be an OP 1v1 class/spec or two. There's no way to balance 1v1. They aren't OP in Rated BGs, 3v3 or 5v5 arena though and that's all that counts. The rest is just for fun.
    Frost Mages ARE OP in certain Rated BGs. Capture the Flag BG, for example, you will not find any class that can peel people off the FC or CC the enemy FC better than a Frost Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't lock this thread because I hoped no one would post in it.

I was wrong.

:-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE