Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ashes of Al'ar soloable now??

Doea any1 know if Kael is soloable now?? Any strats out there for doing this. I am a prot or healer pally ilvl 346. I have watched a couple of videos like DK that solos everything but think that was when he was lvl 80 when he did it so was think now that we are 85 is it more possible for us normal folk to give it ago.

Cheers

go try it and report back with what happens
    ggg

Kael still keeps you CC'd 90% of the fight if you try it solo. Also killing all the NPCs yourself and all the weapons isnt very easy. Everything I've read has people not killing a group before the next one comes in.
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see the weapons phase being a pain, but having free WoG (prot still have the HP eating %chance removal?) would probably make it highly possible as prot.

The DK who did it was level 85 in full t11 epics. ( believe.) In addition it took a long time and a lot of kiting. Not really worth it to solo it. Even 5 manning it still gives you a great chance of getting it and the time difference is huge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    Kael still keeps you CC'd 90% of the fight if you try it solo. Also killing all the NPCs yourself and all the weapons isnt very easy. Everything I've read has people not killing a group before the next one comes in.
    Kael'thas will not cast Mind Control if you are -completely- alone. This means no pets, no blood worms, no summoned minions, absolutely nothing.

If at any point you become Mind Controlled (Blood Worm proc for instance), he will completely reset and you will have wasted a massive amount of time.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Cool cheers guys Im gonna spend some time on it see if I can find anything out or try some different strats, will post back on my findings but most prob fail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    He's recently soloed Marrowgar. Nerf him, not DK's, him. He's too good at this game :O

The DK that soloed him was on the beta with full T11 gear. He also used a bug that occurred on beta where the door to his room did not close. On live the door closes preventing the long kite strat that the DK used.

"The DK", Raegwyn, did it on beta. Took him around 4 hours and he was in full t11 and offset epics.

I have tried to solo it both as retribution and as a protection paladin and it is simply not possible for me at the moment, maybe after the patch and when i'm in full T11 gear it will be possible.

Currently I do not yield enough dps to kill all of the weapons before the advisors resurrect and there is simply no way in hell to live for very long with advisors and weapons up at same time considering the gimmicks of particular advisors.
    Monath

YARG

US-Rexxar

http://www.yarg-rexxar.com/

Cheers Monath thats what I was looking for. O well 1 day.

Once patch 4.0.6 hits and I obtain an epic weapon I will probably try it again.
    Monath

YARG

US-Rexxar

Quote Originally Posted by Supafly87 View Post
    Doea any1 know if Kael is soloable now?? Any strats out there for doing this. I am a prot or healer pally ilvl 346. I have watched a couple of videos like DK that solos everything but think that was when he was lvl 80 when he did it so was think now that we are 85 is it more possible for us normal folk to give it ago.

Cheers
    As a Paladin, afaik, no, it's not soloable. I know it's soloable as a DK because of self healing, and most likely soloable as a bear druid and/or Prot Warrior. And about the DK being 'good'.... sure, he's skilled, but really, he's playing an OP class with OP abilities. Hunters/DKs/Druids/Shammies/Rogues have solo'd Marrowgar at this point... basically anything with some sort of evasion mechanic & in some cases, self healing.

It will be possible for me to solo Al'ar as soon as i'm able to defeat the weapons before the advisors resurrect.
    Monath

YARG

US-Rexxar

Quote Originally Posted by Supafly87 View Post
    Cool cheers guys Im gonna spend some time on it see if I can find anything out or try some different strats, will post back on my findings but most prob fail
    That exists on live, I have done this method with my druid and my fiancee's shadow priest. You run just close enough to aggro and then run like hell out of the room, you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    The DK that soloed him was on the beta with full T11 gear. He also used a bug that occurred on beta where the door to his room did not close. On live the door closes preventing the long kite strat that the DK used.
    That isn't a bug, you can start him and run out during the roleplay.

Raegwynn's strat of kiting the advisors out of the room works wonders, that is what I use and confirm that it works on live.
    Monath

YARG

US-Rexxar