Thread: [TV] Dexter

Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Can't believe they shown us a filler, I hate it when they hold the suspense!!!
    As far as bottle episodes go, it was pretty intense. One of my favourite episodes this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like where this season has gone. Saw plenty of dark Dexter. My favorite was him banging the gas station chick and then firing off those rounds at signs. Such a departure for him in general. He has been getting kind of sloppy.

DDK needs a little more. It was looking so promising. I am sure they have something big planned for Dr. Doom. Little Hanks' sister is prime candidate.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post
    Not once have we seen someone other than Travis interact with Gellar, and we’ve only had to resort to taking Travis’s word that Gellar was committing the Doomsday Murders. The waitress in the diner all but ignores Gellar sitting there, as does everyone in the club. Professor Porter adamantly denies Gellar could have any involvement with the murders, so how can she be so sure?

Because he's dead.
    This. It's either obvious, or they're trying to make you think it. No one's every spoken directly to him. But, if you noticed, "Brian" attacked the motel guy in the most recent episode. So if Brian-as-Dexter can interact with the world, Travis could very well be alone.

The thing that makes me think it's a red herring is that it's still going on. Everyone I know that watches it has "figured it out" or know about the theory at this point. Don't know who would be shocked.

Also the not-whore of Babylon said that one of them held her head and the other talked, so it could still be the same person.

Remember that time Geller had a female student that Quinn banged? The fight club scenario can be dropped now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gringgotts View Post
    Remember that time Geller had a female student that Quinn banged? The fight club scenario can be dropped now.
    Why? Travis killed Gellar after that. Travis went wacko and killed the professor, hence him being disappeared (ok, having disappeared) for three years or whatever they said. I don't think anyone's saying it's EXACTLY like Fight Club in that he never existed - Harry existed too once.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    Also the not-whore of Babylon said that one of them held her head and the other talked, so it could still be the same person.
    Alfred Hitchcock anyone ?

I feel the overriding theme of this season is how we shine our light (or darkness) through all the people we touch in our lives.

Unless Gellar's alive, and then I don't know wtf to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    even if it is different voices, he could be bi polar, or just plain crazy. to me, gellar seems like hanks jr's conscience. constantly trying to pull him back to his mission, even though his normal human emotions are pulling him elsewhere.

---------- Post added 2011-11-16 at 02:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gringgotts View Post
    That was 3 years ago in the show. Much can happen in that time. Plenty of time for gellar to die and hanks jr to go batshit.

---------- Post added 2011-11-16 at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Alfred Hitchcock anyone ?

I feel the overriding theme of this season is how we shine our light (or darkness) through all the people we touch in our lives.
    This.

Also, call me pessimistic, but i think Debra dies before the series finale (which i believe next season is the last).

Also, call me pessimistic, but i think Debra dies before the series finale (which i believe next season is the last).
    before or after she finds out about her brother ?

i do agree though, that in a dark comedy like dexter, good rewards (like a big promotion, or getting friendly with dexter) tend to have bad karma...

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    before or after she finds out about her brother ?

i do agree though, that in a dark comedy like dexter, good rewards (like a big promotion, or getting friendly with dexter) tend to have bad karma...
    She won't find out about him, but the aftermath of rage and despair dexter feels will cause him to slip up even more. There will most likely be something else he forgot/forgot to do from s1/s2 that will seal his fate.

Renewed for two more seasons, hurray!

So.... is there any doubt after Sunday's episode that Gellar is inside of Hanks Jr's head?

15+ Year Old Account
    So.... is there any doubt after Sunday's episode that Gellar is inside of Hanks Jr's head?
    Certainly a possibility. After all, they've been in public many times. Although it wouldn't explain why he was chained up like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Certainly a possibility. After all, they've been in public many times. Although it wouldn't explain why he was chained up like that.
    He chained himself up most likely. I won't be surprised if later in the season Dexter discovers the key to his chains in the grate or under a floorboard.

The time they have been in public no one but Travis directly interacted with Gellar, so it was probably in his head.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menegroth View Post
    He chained himself up most likely. I won't be surprised if later in the season Dexter discovers the key to his chains in the grate or under a floorboard.

The time they have been in public no one but Travis directly interacted with Gellar, so it was probably in his head.
    I'm intrigued. I'll consider this for next episode. didn't really think of it this way, but when I consider it all it kinda makes sense.

He definitely chained himself up. The whole season is about the difference between light and dark. The big realization for Dexter will be that Travis has both inside him, justifying that Dexter can as well.

I don't remember seeing Gellar watch Debra talk to Travis' sister either, the only person who saw that was Travis.

Quote Originally Posted by Menegroth View Post
    I don't remember seeing Gellar watch Debra talk to Travis' sister either, the only person who saw that was Travis.
    You also don't see a lot of the stalking that Dexter does before a kill either, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

If Gellar ISN'T Travis, then he's a creepy mofo, and after the way he 'stalks' Travis, its entirely reasonable that he kept an eye on the sister. (of course, the most reasonable explanation at this point is that Gellar is indeed dead).

Deleted
    Bit unlikely when the woman that was released said she heard two mens voices. Although there have been a couple of bits that have been a bit weak plot wise this season. Other ones that spring to mind are the blood under the finger nails of Janet in episode one and Trinity's daughter killing herself by slitting her thigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Season seven should be about Doctor Danco a serial killer that tortures his victims by cutting of all of their limbs, eyelids, lips, ears, and their noses, making them watch their dismemberment by hanging a mirror above them. The entire time the victim is sedated on many drugs so he doesn't die, and has to play a game of Hangman.

That was one of the best killers in the books.
    oh god, i wish they would adept that, that guy was badass... it was cool when criminal minds did a very similar killer with "frank" in s2, but criminal minds is always the "villain of the week" so it doesn't last long enough... i wish Dr. Danco would be in them series :3

Deleted
    Some nice theories you've got here but in my opinion, if Gellar didn't exist, they wouldn't have created such a backside story about him (old time professor, 200 former students of his in the area, former lover found, his drawings found, that sheep incident...)

Also when they were taking care of the horsemen victim (the guy sewed together with manequins) Masuka or Dexter said that some of the parts were cut off in a very nice and clean manor while others were detached in a very unprofessional way.
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2011-11-23 at 08:46 PM.