Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Ever get that feeling about wow?

Ya'll ever get that feeling that you are just "Waiting" for something to compete with wow enough to make you switch over to something (at least story / slight game play idea) new? Ive been playing this game for just about 6 years and honestly I feel as tho im begging for something new. Since playing Wow ive tried many different MMO's including Warhammer, Aion, FFXIV, and soon Rift, all with the expectation of tossing aside wow for a "New Experience" (hell ive even tried free MMO's >_>)

Anywho dont think im trying to say "Im waiting for the next WoW killer!" Nah ... I have enough sense enough to know that nothing will kill wow but Us, Them, or Activision.

Who else is having similar feelings?

Ps. No im no bored enough to quit without something else to xfer to ... sad as it is MMO's fill holes in gaming that normal games cant fill (but I still love normal games ).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    nope.avi

(filler)

Deleted
    I'd switch wow to any other game, as long as that game can be played with my friends. (and if they play it too)

So far imo. theres really not many good Co-op / teamplay games out there.
    all are based to play against each other. thats not my thing

I get the exact same feeling, i'm praying The Old Republic MMO will be my savior seeing as how they are not trying to do something completely new, but are borrowing a lot of aspects from wow.

Yup. I am eagering awaiting the release of TOR, which will seriously pull a lot of people from every MMO into it. Bioware > *

Deleted
    No.

I've never been even close to playing another/switching games.

Deleted
    I can't wait for Rift, this MMO will be history to me then as im aching for a new game and Rift ticks every box for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticroots View Post
    I can't wait for Rift, this MMO will be history to me then as im aching for a new game and Rift ticks every box for me.
    From people I know that were in the latest beta, Rift is pretty much WoW with improved graphics and a deeper class system. I've heard nothing but positive things about it myself, really looking forward to the next beta that starts next week. Like the OP, WoW was a great game, probably the best game ever honestly, but it's severely long in the tooth now. It's definitely time for something to some out to at least challenge WoW.

Of course I try other games and just not mmos bot other types as well. Sometimes even stop playing wow for a few months while I play something else (or nothing at all).
    The last mmos i've tried were AoC and EVE online and a few free ones. The next I'll probably try will be Star Wars and Guild Wars 2. Depending on how good (or bad) they will be I'll be more time or less time away from wow.

No mmo has caught me as wow did. Dunno why but its just more fun...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

I'm also hoping Rift or SW:TOR or any of the others on the horizon are significantly improved over WoW's previous contenders.

WoW has been the best game experience of my life but as the years progress I'm finding it harder and harder to stay engaged.

Cata is a great expansion no argument there, I guess after 6 years now it's just a case of 'familiarity breeds contempt'.

I've been ready for something else for at least two years now, just nothing has coming close enough to be that something else.

I'm still waiting...

At least if nothing else offers competition I know the guys in my guild will be up for lots of multiplayer Diablo 3 when that launches.

Deleted
    Gawd.... not this shit again. This has already been shitten out 1million times.

Quote Originally Posted by lockne View Post
    Gawd.... not this shit again. This has already been shitten out 1million times.
    gonna call my cats poops shittens from now on

OT yeah something new would be fun. but try to think of what type of game that could retain all the things that make WoW what it is (defined class's with separate roles that work on thier own but come into greater power in groups) but be completely different in terms of gameplay. we're going to be stuck with the fantasy setting for a while i think. although i've seen a lot of FPS games that are adding rpg elements to them in terms levelling up and gaining perks or different weapons, and in the case of fallout, it's an rpg with guns. maybe it's just a case of building a massive scenario where squad based shooters with level based stats could be the focus. instances could be like missions, raids could be, well multi objective missions i guess. just getting bored of the generic fantasy setting. i'm starting to wonder what it is that the gaming community has against dragons

edit - spelling

Deleted
    when someone will make a pay-to-play action-mmorpg entirely focused in pvp, then i think i will switch it with wow. Rakion is too old, too dependant on money, exteel is offline forever, gunz is crap, S4 league is for 11>y old childs. Well, still nothing compared to wow for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Okais View Post
    Ya'll ever get that feeling that you are just "Waiting" for something to compete with wow enough to make you switch over to something (at least story / slight game play idea) new? Ive been playing this game for just about 6 years and honestly I feel as tho im begging for something new. Since playing Wow ive tried many different MMO's including Warhammer, Aion, FFXIV, and soon Rift, all with the expectation of tossing aside wow for a "New Experience" (hell ive even tried free MMO's >_>)

Anywho dont think im trying to say "Im waiting for the next WoW killer!" Nah ... I have enough sense enough to know that nothing will kill wow but Us, Them, or Activision.

Who else is having similar feelings?

Ps. No im no bored enough to quit without something else to xfer to ... sad as it is MMO's fill holes in gaming that normal games cant fill (but I still love normal games ).
    This sums me up exactly. I'll prolly never fully stop playing wow while it keeps getting support, but I'm really hoping Swtor is awesome, I love bioware and I don't expect it to be "better than WoW" or anything just equally enjoyable.
    After playing for 6 years, wow and majority of the player base gave gotten fairly stale to me.

My handful of friends and I "try" every new MMO that comes out. We have for the last 6 years.

We've played everything from RF-Online to Eve to Rift and everything in between.

We're still waiting for something to take us away from WoW...

Hopefully SWtoR will do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not as interested in SWToR after the last several updates. Far far too linear for my interests, and have my side kick craft? blah.

Now I've been in beta for Rift since beta 1 and have enjoyed my time. I've enjoyed the dynamics of it, the familiarity - yet not. The mods/devs are awesome.

WoW is fun, with the friends that I have rolled with over the years, but now that my guild is 11/12 I'm starting to feel that...."is this it?" feeling. People are noticeably starting to log in less. Less friends = less fun.

Wow,now has the force of a semi going 200mph. It's been out for how long? How many people play it? how much does it cost to play per month?

If another game comes along that somewhat competes in any way,blizz has the money to make wow into any kind of mmo they please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just built a new rig that should run Skyrim on Ultra at 200 FPS and I'm sitting back waiting for it. Going to pick up Fight Night Champion, Brink, Rift, and Killzone 3 in the meantime to bide my time. After that it's Diablo 3 then all is gravy.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Nioxic View Post
    I'd switch wow to any other game, as long as that game can be played with my friends. (and if they play it too)

So far imo. theres really not many good Co-op / teamplay games out there.
    all are based to play against each other. thats not my thing
    See thats the same reason I find WoW most enjoyable compared to other multiplayer games.

"Man is free the moment he wishes to be."-Voltaire

In the end it's friends that decide what game i play, it's just what i enjoy.