upgrade to collectors edition after i already have the game?

i was just wondering before i buy it if it is possible to upgrade to the collectors edition of cataclysm while having already bought and upgraded to regular old cataclysm

I'm fairly certain you can (it's still considered an account upgrade, like BC->WotLK), but you'd need to find a copy of the CE somewhere.

You cannot. I faced the same problem, called Blizzard Support, and they told me I was stuck with my regular edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    You cannot. I faced the same problem, called Blizzard Support, and they told me I was stuck with my regular edition.
    Oh my, color me surprised. That's a shame

Edit: If you're after the pet, you may still be able to get it. In Wrath, you could get the pet item (Bound to Account) on a level ~20 character and then account transfer him, and the item stayed and was now "bound" to the new account too. This may still work, so you could get a new account and use your Cataclysm CE on it then transfer the pet to your main account, but you'd have to spend a ton of money getting it up to that point, so it's up to you.

Newer Edit: Apparently you can upgrade. Nevermind!
    Last edited by cybermind; 2011-01-21 at 03:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Funny, i bought the digital download to get a headstart on lvling, then the next day after i was 85 went to EBgames and got my pre ordered CE and added it over the top of my normal edition.

You absolutely can upgrade. You can't get a refund or anything, but you can upgrade your existing account to Collector's Edition and get the pet and such.

If it didn't let you do that or if Blizzard told you otherwise, they were wrong and you should try contacting them again. I've done it with both Cataclysm and Starcraft II.

Well, I called and they said something along the lines of "blah blah blah sorry blah blah blah no can do". But this was a month ago. I'll call again, and if you're right, I'll come back and edit my post. Deal? ;D

Not only could I upgrade my digital download with collectors they gave me a replacement cata key to use on another account (you have to ask for this extra to upgrading).
    If you go on your account page and "add a key" - input the collectors key. If you have more than one account on your battlenet it will ask which one. Job done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Not only could I upgrade my digital download with collectors they gave me a replacement cata key to use on another account (you have to ask for this extra to upgrading).
    If you go on your account page and "add a key" - input the collectors key. If you have more than one account on your battlenet it will ask which one. Job done.
    This guy is right. Just upgraded to Cata CE