10+ Year Old Account

New idea for PvP gearing.

Your running Pve content. You have a 5 man group and its just a normal dungeon. Assuming your group doesn't completely overgear this content, and your group still finishes the dungeon, it could be assumed that someone is leaving it with a piece of gear. Perhaps 3 pieces of gear are dropped that are needed by group members and 1 is needed for an off-spec roll. Sound fair? Ok lets say this dungeon was about half an hour long, also sound fair? Now my idea:

Why don't we reward players in a bg for doing something worthwhile with gear? Here a hypothetical. WSG. It has 10 players, twice the number of the pve content dungeon mentioned above. We're gonna give away 4 random pieces of pvp gear to people who
    1) Provide the most Flag Captures
    2) Provide the most Flag Returns
    3) Do the most damage to the enemy Flag Carrier
    4) Do the most healing to the Flag Carrier.

These aren't set in stone, but the point i'm trying to get across here is that the gear to time spent ratio from pve to pvp is completely out of proportion. Pve content awards points just like Pvp content does. The pvp pieces awarded to these players would all be the same ilvl and would never overwrite a piece that they already have at that ilvl. My pve example may be a bit generous, but a lot of gear comes out of dungeons, and the same amount of time can be spent in a bg with no payout. In AV you could do tower/bunker capture and defenses, Gy capture/defenses..the number of pvp rewarded gear pieces would go up since you have 40 people instead of 10.

The point behind this idea is not only would it make pvp more attractive, but it would encourage players to attempt to play these battlegrounds as they are meant to. No more mindless zerging to RH(yea i'm alliance, live with it). No more pointless battles in mid in WSG.

NEVER should gear be awarded based on killing blows or hk's or number of deaths received. My ideas are for true pvper's who attempt to further their cause through objective completion and teamwork. You could even lower the amount of Honor in every battleground so the damn afker's and bots don't reap as much reward.

A few things i want you guys to answer for me.
    What if you already have ALL slots full of that certain iLvl of gear and you qualify to win a piece? Should you get a payout in more honor? Conquest points? Gold? Or should the piece move on the the second best in that bracket?

Also, Should both teams be awarded pieces regardless of who won? In pve right now, in a normal dungeon(that's what i'm comparing normal bgs to. Think of rated battlegrounds being like Heroic 5-man content. better item level rewards ect ect.) victory is all but certain. Before you answer this question, lets do some crappy napkin math, ok?

Ok, excluding the first win of everyday, when i wen i get about 130 honor in a battleground on average. Lets say they also average 30 mins.(had a 1.05 hour AV the other day, Turtle with amazing healers, was like a brick wall fighting another brick wall, very epic battle.) The lowest piece you can buy for honor(excluding relic spots) is 1250 honor.
    130x10 games= 1300 honor per 5 hours.
    5 hours to get a necklace....
    if you did random dungeons for 5 hours straight. do you really thing you'd walk away with just a necklace?( assuming again, that you are running them for the gear, say you're in quest blues/greens.) And that if YOU WIN EVERY FIGHT. On average with a loss, i get 45 honor. IF you lost every fight, it would take you 15 hours to get that same neck. How about doing randoms for 15 hours....still think you're getting just a necklace?(assuming again that you are not a complete failure and can complete normal dungeon content.)

What do you guys think?

People would exploit the living hell out of this. Not to mention, teammates would simply allow their FC to die so that they can get the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by blackangel209 View Post
    Not to mention, teammates would simply allow their FC to die so that they can get the cap.
    Stuff like this. People would stop helping each other get caps/take bases, which would be bad. Bgs would be worse than ever. If you want to encourage completing objectives, you should just be rewarded for winning in general.

They also need to make a deathmatch BG, that would solve a lot.

The issue isn't getting gear, it's to keep people entertained who have ALL thier gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhailPally View Post
    The issue isn't getting gear, it's to keep people entertained who have ALL thier gear.
    This was primarily an idea to help people obtain gear at an equal rate to Pve content. I'm gearing up a druid, and have a fully geared rogue. I have fun with both. I just find the grind ahead for my druid to be alittle daunting. I did it once with the rogue, I suppose i'm just being lazy not wanting to go through all of it again.
    Sorry for wasting the time of you forum browsers, Just thought it could be an idea

Quote Originally Posted by dingobongo View Post
    They also need to make a deathmatch BG, that would solve a lot.
    What.. like an arena?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknownescape View Post
    if you did random dungeons for 5 hours straight. do you really thing you'd walk away with just a necklace?( assuming again, that you are running them for the gear, say you're in quest blues/greens.) And that if YOU WIN EVERY FIGHT. On average with a loss, i get 45 honor. IF you lost every fight, it would take you 15 hours to get that same neck. How about doing randoms for 15 hours....still think you're getting just a necklace?(assuming again that you are not a complete failure and can complete normal dungeon content.)
    That's not completely correct. IF you are running the dungeon/hc for gear there is a chance for the item you want to drop. So if you run dungeons for 5 hours you might get 10 items, but you might as well get 0 since you don't have 100% chance your item will drop, you will win the item-roll or you even get the dungeon where the item you need drops (when q'ing for random). While all PvP gear is available (exept for a weapon) by gathering honor (unlike JP let you only by some pieces). For higher quality items there is BH, altho that's not rlly something you can count on for gearing up.

Definitely a great idea. Hope blizz looks into this haha