Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The Boss you never got around to killing on-time.

So there is a thread talking about peoples first raid etc, which reminded me of a weird thing that happened to me in Vanilla.

I was a PvP'er as soon as I hit 60, and only really ran 5mans for Proffs and helping guildies since I was in a PvE guild.
    Anyway so come the end of Vanilla and TBC was about to hit I had done the rank14 grind, completed all PvE raids apart from Naxx and then I thought...
    I had never SEEN let alone killed Baron in strath undead side so I went off and killed him.

Anyone else have a similar weird turn of events? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yogg.. i played trough Wrath, and i never got him down, even at the last days with all four keepers ;_;

damn pugs. damn them all!! *rage*

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much everything in Wrath.. on a crap realm with crap guilds who never got decent progress (best guild was world 3000 ranked). Least its changed now :>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b`` View Post
    So there is a thread talking about peoples first raid etc, which reminded me of a weird thing that happened to me in Vanilla.

I was a PvP'er as soon as I hit 60, and only really ran 5mans for Proffs and helping guildies since I was in a PvE guild.
    Anyway so come the end of Vanilla and TBC was about to hit I had done the rank14 grind, completed all PvE raids apart from Naxx and then I thought...
    I had never SEEN let alone killed Baron in strath undead side so I went off and killed him.

Anyone else have a similar weird turn of events? :P
    Slightly offtopic, but it would have been so cool if he would have dropped the mount for you :P

So far I've done pretty much every boss in the game within a month or so of it being current. Missed out on ulduar though, from not playing Wrath after hitting 80. So, firefighter/freya/yogg/algalon :P

Given how much joy I had from doing Ragnaros/C'thun/KT/KJ etc when it was relevant, I wish I had done Ulduar too when it was current.

Well it would be C'thun in vanilla and Yogg'Saron when he was the boss to kill.

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

Deleted
    I started in Wrath, and I didn't kill about half of all bosses when they were current content =( Can't play WoW in evenings often, so I can't join a decent raid guild xD Did quite alot when people were outgearing it though.

Yogg...I only fought him once and we wiped in 30 seconds. Everyone was tired by then and we called it.

And Malygos using my own key of the focusing iris. I kept doing naxx to be able to roll on it, and it wasn't until 2 weeks before cata that I finally won it, but then no one wanted to EoE anymore.

I liked that raid so much that I wanted to have my own key to do it whenever I wanted. I am still hopeful that one day I will be able to use it.

It has to be Yogg, since I was actively playing at the time. Never downed LK, but I wasn't playing during ICC, so not to bothered by not killing the whiny prince.

You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding.

KJ. guild disbanded 3 days after first muru kill

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt get past mother in BT back in BC and didn't even touch Sunwell missed out on Yogg+0 but did get Yogg+1 missed out on Heroic 25 Anub but got insanity run in 10 man and missed out on heroic 10 and 25 man LK kills ;[ but all in all ive seen and at least killed every boss in wrath and im currently 9/12 atm and working on Cho'gall our first week on him was last week im happy with what i have seen and im decently happy with my achievement progress even though im missing a few key achievements that I would have been proud to get back when they were relevant.

Never did get around to getting that Algalon kill... will have to go back and take care of that someday, but it just won't be the same. :-(
    This signiture is brought to you by the letters F and U, and the number 2.

"I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

Hmm would be Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad in classic because we didn't have time to get them down before 2.0 came and destroyed vanilla PVE, all of Sunwell in TBC since like 3/4 of our guild quit playing after we killed Illidan so when it was time for Sunwell we had maybe 6-7 players who were geared for it and the rest could get gear upgrades from Karazhan, so I stopped playing..And then last half of Ulduar since I quit when it became apparant that everyone in guild wanted different things, some wanted to do only 10man, some only 25man, some only normal and some only hardmodes.. And last but not least, all of Icecrown Citadel.. came back briefly just to go through TOC and then I quit again before ICC until Cata came.

Vanilla: AQ40 and Naxx. I was more into another MMO at the time (FFXI) so I really didn't raid much in Vanilla. Went back and downed most of the encounters when I was level 70.

TBC: Kael'thas. The Guild I was in a the time was very casual and couldn't down him. Then I switched to a hardcore guild who was already progressing in Sunwell and we never looked back.

Wrath: Everything past Ulduar. I took a year off from the game and had zero ambition to raid when I came back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of Sunwell, guild fell apart due to some drama that I still don't understand, heh.
    Thundercunts and stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: Twin Emperors, C'thun, Naxx 40.
    TBC: Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, Illidan, Sunwell.
    WotLK: Took a break from raiding just after Ruby Sanctum hit, miss Heroic RS & Heroic LK. Never killed Algalon either.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Limiter View Post
    Yogg
    same, cleared all content in woltk except general and yogg
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by plastkaze View Post
    Most of Sunwell, guild fell apart due to some drama that I still don't understand, heh.
    Hmm, what guild was that drama in? :P I know we disbanded Mercury due to some shit drama but that was when we were still doing SSC (I believe you were still in the guild then?)

Illidan... After 3.0 we wiped and wiped... my god the horrors of it... Tanks stood in eyebeams too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.