Question about to unlock Heroic Lich King

A noob question, clearly.

Do you need to clear heroic frost wing in order to unlock heroic LK, or you need to clear ALL three wings to unlock him (with Kingslayer)
    Or you could just do a normal instance, and switch to Heroic on LK if you have Kingslayer when your raid is at him?

I'm not sure if they have done something like that a while ago.

Deleted
    Every single boss has to be killed on heroic mode to get to the heroic Lich King.

If one is killed on normal mode, Tirion, Bolvar and the Lich King won't be standing on the top of ICC

No... Only the end bosses (Saurfang, PP, BQL, Sindy) need to be killed on heroic

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Last I checked you only need to kill the three wing bosses (putricide, blood queen, and sindragosa) to be able to spawn the heroic version of the Lich King

No, back a long time ago you needed to kill the end wing bosses on heroic for LK to be unlocked heroic.
    Now, since the patch before 4.0.1 u can jus zerg alll on normal, walk to LK and then put on heroic. no need to do any other boss on heroic anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Erarara View Post
    No... Only the end bosses (Saurfang, PP, BQL, Sindy) need to be killed on heroic
    This is no longer the case, this week i killed H lk 10 man after killing all end wing bosses on normal, this restriction wsa removed when they removed the attempts allowed, only restriction is you require a kingslayer to set it to heroic.

Not that beating any of them on either normal or hc makes much of a difference now. ^^

Except for lk, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadesh View Post
    Every single boss has to be killed on heroic mode to get to the heroic Lich King.

If one is killed on normal mode, Tirion, Bolvar and the Lich King won't be standing on the top of ICC
    This was not true, even back in the day.

You used to have to kill the wing bosses on hard mode for heroic Lich King to be available (Blood Queen, Sindragosa and Professor for sure; I am unsure if Saurfang was needed), but last I heard you don't even need that anymore since 4.0.1. They removed both the attempt counter and, I am pretty sure, the requirement for prior hard mode kills.

So, as I understand it, all you need now is Kingslayer. If you want to be totally safe, though, kill the wing bosses on HM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |