Wheres a good DK Theorycrafting site?

I'm looking on EJ and noticing that the unholy post hasn't been updated in longer than a month and I'm fairly sure it's outdated (mastery our least valuable stat? even under crit?).

Are there any other good DK themed sites? I don't even see a DK guide sticky on here which shocked me.

EJ is still one of the best if not the best for Theocrafty.
    The reason it hasn't been updated is because nothing has changed on Live Servers, as soon as 4.0.6 comes our I'm sure you will find an update to your liking, as it stands those numbers on the threads are probably the best you'll find.

Are you really going to dismiss empirical evidence because it doesn't come to the conclusions you like? Right now, mastery is terrible for unholy DKs because diseases are such a small portion of your damage. Sure, in 4.0.6, mastery will probably be a better stat, but that's because it'll perform an entirely different function.

No, i'm not dismissing anything because it doesn't come to the conclusions I like. I'm dismissing it after spending about 4 hours tonight messing with stats/enchants/reforing and finding mastery at a higher rate than crit or haste. Then looking through 4 pages of replies of people showing logs of different numbers and no response from Consider (original author of the post) in 20 days even through the 4 pages of "empirical evidence" and logs.

Post updated 12/29
    Last reply from author 01/02
    4 pages of replies with new numbers

is the reason I'm asking.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an expert theorycrafter and have never claimed to be. But When I forge crit/haste into mastery and get higher numbers than following the post then see the post hasn't been modified in a month and the OP hasn't even checked feedback in 20 days it kinda brings questions. *shrug* if that makes me a noob or whatever elitist word is trendy this week.

15+ Year Old Account
    you know that's not updated for the upcoming patch right? our mastery is still shit (apart from aoe fights) and they have updated expertise to be higher than crit which i sorta guessed myself given the amount of SSs we do.

Deleted
    http://considerit1.wordpress.com/

Here you are the news from unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardodexter View Post
    http://considerit1.wordpress.com/

Here you are the news from unholy.
    Updated often, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a ton.

Deleted
    No problem mate. And it is from Consider, the same as EJ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boazjuggalo View Post
    Updated often, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a ton.
    So you're happy with getting information from Consider's blog but don't think his EJ post is worth anything? How does that work then? There's nothing on his blog relating to the live servers that isn't in his EJ post. As soon as something changes on live the EJ post gets updated which is all that is required.

Deleted
    Consider This = EJ UH Thread = Any real theorycrafting on UH DK there is....so, as asked above, why would you like Consider's work in 1 place, but not another...as it is exactly the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Linuilas View Post
    So you're happy with getting information from Consider's blog but don't think his EJ post is worth anything? How does that work then? There's nothing on his blog relating to the live servers that isn't in his EJ post. As soon as something changes on live the EJ post gets updated which is all that is required.
    That's very shortsighted.I know quite a few people that will consider a gear upgrade according to next patch information especially when it involves rearanging rating values.Simply having what works best now is not enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agroculture View Post
    That's very shortsighted.I know quite a few people that will consider a gear upgrade according to next patch information especially when it involves rearanging rating values.Simply having what works best now is not enough.
    Well considering that until the patch goes live we don't 100% know what changes will be made then up till release people are just making guesses. For all we know Blizz may decide to drop how much benefit Dreadblade gives to shadow damage before it releases the patch which could potentially drop mastery back down below haste/crit in rating. Or they may fix the issue with ghoul not scaling with crit. Or make some other change that rearranges stat ratings from what we think they may end up as.

Or to put it more simply, deciding on gear upgrades based on an unreleased patch isn't that brilliant an idea. Besides once it looks like the changes that will go ahead in the patch have been finalised i'm sure Consider will update his EJ post, even if the patch hasn't actually gone live yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    pwnwear.com is good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Linuilas View Post
    Well considering that until the patch goes live we don't 100% know what changes will be made then up till release people are just making guesses. For all we know Blizz may decide to drop how much benefit Dreadblade gives to shadow damage before it releases the patch which could potentially drop mastery back down below haste/crit in rating. Or they may fix the issue with ghoul not scaling with crit. Or make some other change that rearranges stat ratings from what we think they may end up as.

Or to put it more simply, deciding on gear upgrades based on an unreleased patch isn't that brilliant an idea. Besides once it looks like the changes that will go ahead in the patch have been finalised i'm sure Consider will update his EJ post, even if the patch hasn't actually gone live yet.
    Yeah and deciding based of data that may be useless in 1-2 weeks is not such a brilliant idea either.At least Consider updates whenever there's new data about DKs so his blog is actually the most current info on DKs.Besides it doesn't take a genious to realize what the developers are trying to do when they mix ratings up.Mastery is going to be a lot more valuable in 4.0.6,that much we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    pwnwear.com is good as well.
    Pwnwear tends to focus on the tanking aspect of it. There are some good DPS threads there, and Consider does occasionally post on Pwnwear.
    Last edited by Scripts; 2011-01-23 at 06:15 AM.
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

No, i'm not dismissing anything because it doesn't come to the conclusions I like. I'm dismissing it after spending about 4 hours tonight messing with stats/enchants/reforing and finding mastery at a higher rate than crit or haste. .
    You're doing something terribly wrong then. Currently on Live Mastery is definately lower than Crit, and nowhere NEAR, as in not even in the same ballpark, as haste. Haste is a bazillion times better than Mastery on live, and you claiming to find it better are either playing terribly wrong, don't know how to test for shit, or are lying.

I'm looking on EJ and noticing that the unholy post hasn't been updated in longer than a month and I'm fairly sure it's outdated (mastery our least valuable stat? even under crit?).

Are there any other good DK themed sites? I don't even see a DK guide sticky on here which shocked me.
    That's not out dated that's how it is at the moment, it will be updated when 4.0.6 is finallised and rolled out. Why give people information on stuff thats changing all the time?

Stick with EJ, the site has an amazing dk section far superior to any other section on there. It contains all information you need to know about your deathknight.