confirmation on cho'gal mechanic please

the fallowing question im about to ask, is based on observation.

unless you yourself have PERSONALLY tested and know for a fact the answer to this question is yes or no, please do not give an answer and only just speculate with me.

during some attempts, i thought i might have figured out something, im not entirely sure has been discussed before already.

when an add spawns, we are supposed to have 40 seconds to kill the add before cho'gal casts fester blood and and adds spawn from the pools.

my guess can be wrong based on many variables and lack of concrete testing myself, this is just a guess.

first attempt, me along with all the other dps are attacking the add. it dies some time later, and like 2-3 seconds later cho'gal casts fester blood.

second attempt, i DONT dps the add and stay on cho'gal, add dies and 2-3 seconds later cho'gal casts fester blood.

this got me thinking, will cho'gal cast fester blood, a specific amount of time after the add he summoned dies??

for example, cho'gal would cast fester blood 40 seconds once add is cast.

but!! add dies 30 seconds after summoning, and cho'gal casts fester blood at 33 seconds.

now like i said, i wasnt completely set up to test this theory, meaning i didnt have a timer set up to track add up time and death then the fester blood cast afterwards.

now, i would like to test this out, but if anyone else wants to test this, or already did and knows the answer definitively, please let me know. or if a blue knows this isnt how fester blood works and can just tell me so lol.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Im not sure if it is on a set timer, but it always seemed to be cast after we killed the add. I think you get a maximum time of 40/45 sec and if you kill it sooner it will just be cast shortly after the add death. However, if the add don't die, terrible things shall happen.... or so I hear, never left an add up ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a set timer. If you don't kill it in time it gets a buff called Fester Blood which deals 35k every second or 3 to everyone within 10 or so yards.

It's wiped us before, so I have tested it.

Yes, it is cast after the add dies. Yes, it does have a maximum time it waits, but if the add dies sooner, then you don't have to wait for nothing.

no no i know it has a set timer, i get that part

im saying, if you kill the add far sooner than the auto timer.

will fester blood be cast sooner.

It's a set timer, so if you kill the add fast enough, you get a few extra seconds to do additional dmg to cho'gall before the slimes spawn.

so, wouldnt it be prudent, to set up the fight where you kill the add right before festerblood would be cast.

it would allow this.

max DPS on cho'gal, and more time in between each add that spawns??

but, if the time between add summons is set, then i guess it would be better to just kill the add as fast as possible.

idk im just trying to be as efficient as possible here lol

[21:22:10.399] Cho'gall begins to cast Fester Blood
    [21:22:12.414] Corrupting Adherent dies
    [21:22:12.479] Corrupting Adherent gains Fester Blood from Cho'gall
    [21:23:43.156] Cho'gall begins to cast Fester Blood
    [21:23:43.960] Corrupting Adherent dies
    [21:23:45.185] Corrupting Adherent gains Fester Blood from Cho'gall
    [21:23:45.185] Corrupting Adherent gains Fester Blood from Cho'gall
    [21:25:12.388] <snip> killed Corrupting Adherent
    [21:25:12.731] Corrupting Adherent dies
    [21:25:16.365] Cho'gall begins to cast Fester Blood
    [21:25:18.380] Corrupting Adherent gains Fester Blood from Cho'gall
    [21:26:45.911] Corrupting Adherent dies
    [21:26:48.743] Cho'gall begins to cast Fester Blood
    [21:26:50.746] Corrupting Adherent gains Fester Blood from Cho'gall

If you take a look at

[21:25:12.731] Corrupting Adherent dies
    [21:25:16.365] Cho'gall begins to cast Fester Blood

That's more than 3 seconds so no.

There is no point in thinking that far to be honest, have your available tank pull the add to the stairs behind you, kill the add, go back at boss, DoT up, do dmg or whatever, wait for Festering Blood to be cast, have your DPS focus on slimes and repeat whenever an add comes

DPS - Cho'gall - step out of fire
    DPS - Add - watch out for purple things
    (DPS) - Cho'gall (melee runs back to cho'gall and ranged dps him aswell but are prepared for the adds)
    DPS - Ranged kill adds
    4th add time, everyone kill adds
    Burn Cho'gall to p2, don't mind the add, just offtank him (if he spawns)
    P2! (25%)
    Posistion your raid in the "star" in the middle, (let's say 3 healers and 3 ranged)
    . . . = Dps (faced to boss)
    x x x = healers (faced away from boss)
    (reason to this is because when you reach 50 corrupting blood you'll puke and do unnecessary raiddmg (which seemed to be the reason why we wiped, one shotted it after assigning people to stand like that)
    Kill tentacles as fast as they go up, all dps the same target.
    Back on boss
    keep on doing that til...
    0%!
    gz