Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mages are very spiritual!

I would just like to know, does anyone know why a lot of mages and warlocks roll for spirit gear in instances? I play a warlock as my main, but levelling a priest alt and I have just noticed this happens every time a cloth item drops. Are people not aware which stats are completely useless for their class?

Just to clarify, I'm not here to complain about people taking my loot, I just want to know why they want the items.

Deleted
    What level range are you talking about? I know for one that there's some Spirit items that are a massive upgrade from my ICC gear on my alt due to the huge difference in Int and other stats.

My priest is 83 right now have been instance grinding 80+

But that makes sense. thankyou.

Some don't care, others just don't know and some do it because they can.

It sucks but unfortunately that's how some people roll.

Deleted
    Then some items could still be good upgrades for mages/warlocks, eventhough they have spirit.

An upgrade is an upgrade.

Deleted
    Hitting cata gear with 70-80 leveling gear, i cannot see how spirit gear isn't an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    Then some items could still be good upgrades for mages/warlocks, eventhough they have spirit.
    Yeah, that can happen too, it just depends on what stage of progression you're on.

10+ Year Old Account
    shadow priests can talent to get hit from spirit.
    elemental shammies can too.
    'Let no man deceive himself. If any one among you seem to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.'
    Translation: you are a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by funkyfloyd View Post
    This is true but I was talking about mages and warlocks

He's talking about Warlocks and Mages specifically.

oops, too late.

Some people are just asshats and only care about themselves. Spirit does ZERO for a mage now and if they are rolling Need on it then they are fail imo.
    "Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." ~William Faulkner
    "Ever look at the word 'Damage'? - It is clearly right in front of you...DA MAGE!"

He only mentioned Mages and Warlocks for the reason that they have no benefit from spirit.

Reforge spirit into a useful stat! If it's an overall upgrade, reforging makes it a useful item. Sure, still some spirit on it, but now a lot of that spirit is now crit/hit/haste/mastery

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's just me, but when I was leveling my lock to 85, I would've rather died than worn something 80+ with spirit on it. Upgrades aren't always worth it. My opinion is that WoW is a social game and that part of your worth, in addition to the raw stats, is how you appear to others. I don't care what the stats are if I'm going to look (rightly) stupid wearing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you must remember ppl are still learning the way things are now back in wolk mages got crit from spirit and num 2 reforging pretty much gets rid of most of the spirit and all the other stats are usefull for any caster..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cybermind View Post
    40% is not most
    No your right but its enough to make what spirit you do reforge into a usefull stat if after your reforge you still have say 30 spirit on an item what does that really hurt? I understand its not fair as some may say and I myself am a mage and I dont roll on spirit gear but I also dont see what the big deal is I mean iI guess you can blame blizz for the reforging ability because the thought process is now well 95%of the stats are for me i can make most of the other stat work for me by reforging.

I certainly do agree that while gearing up, it is "ok" to take a spirit upgrade (provided that someone who actually uses spirit doesn't need it), but justifying it by saying you can reforge "most of the spirit" away is just factually wrong. That's all I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by rethea View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but when I was leveling my lock to 85, I would've rather died than worn something 80+ with spirit on it. Upgrades aren't always worth it. My opinion is that WoW is a social game and that part of your worth, in addition to the raw stats, is how you appear to others. I don't care what the stats are if I'm going to look (rightly) stupid wearing it.
    Upgrades are always worth it, because an item wouldnt be an upgrade without being an upgrade. do you see what I is sayings?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulus View Post
    For those of you reading this thread thinking "I've never met any weird people on WoW", then it's probably you.